Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Was the second test with fmu? If it were me, I'd be testing again tomorrow or the next day to be sure!

Afm, ovulating a day early! Don't know if it's the b50 or what.

That's great news Daisy. Good Luck.

Happy - your pee an hour later would be much less concentrated. As Daisy said check with FMU. Fingers crossed and good luck!

I'm actually hoping that I don't O early this month. I'm sharing a room with my Bro and SIL on Xmas eve, Xmas day and Boxing day!

hey ladies,

thank you.

I finished work at 3am last night. UP at 11am and did a HPT. completely negative like ultra white, so was most def a evap on the test....

oh well. Thanks for the help ladies, good luck to everyone

xx

ps my wee is like permanently bright yellow. one B50 in the morning and then my pre natal at night x

Congrats, and thanks for the tips! I need to get back to a healthier diet anyway, and this gives me the extra push I needed. I'm having a hard time giving up caffeine. I've pretty much cut out coffee, but I'm still drinking caffeinated tea or diet coke most days. I know artificial sweeteners can't be good, but what does the book say about them?

Hi DaisyQ,
I know the book discussed diet sodas and since I tend to avoid the artificial sweeters I didn't hold it in my memory, but I'm pretty sure the book said no soda at all. Staying away from soda was one of the major points of the book. For many months while ttc I did the same thing as you, cut out coffee because I thought it was bad and started drinking more soda to get some caffeine, but the book does say that one cup of coffee is ok but soda is not. Even though it said a little coffee was ok I just quite everything this last month because I was majorly frustrated and determined. The book is called The Fertility Diet. I would have looked up the diet soda info, but I got the book from the library and don't have it here. I have to pick something up at the library today so I'll see if it is in and take a look.

Thanks baby! I'll try harder to cut down on the diet coke. It's not every day, but few times week, I'll have it, 8- 20 oz. I'm way into chai tea too, and have that several times a week too, just one tea bag. Probably should stay away from that too. ?

Daisy you can get nice chai tea that doesnt have black tea in it. Sweeten with honey if needed.

I also really like rooibos tea too. it's full of antioxidants.

Babybabyfever - thanks for the positive story and the tips :flower:

I agree that diet is a HUGE factor in every facet of our health, it is of course what fuels every biochemical reaction in our bodies!

Unfortunately this is a TOUGH time of year to implement these kinds of changes...as I read that I was eating shortbreak :dohh:

But I was also drinking red raspberry lead tea, so maybe it balances out? lol

I hear you gaiagirl!!
Yeah, I was doing the no-sugar over thanksgiving! I wasn't too crazy about it. I had couple little slices of pie over those few days after dinner so i figured with all that other food my bloodsugar wouldn't spike. But luckily my main sugar intake was drinks so it wasn't that tempting. I used to always put lots of sugar in my tea and coffee and I loved juice and soda. ugg. Honestly though, it's weird....my taste for sugar is gone. I prefer my tea without now!

Congratulations babybabyfever!

Did you conceive your first month of your B50/dietary changes?

After 15 months of ttc, I'm now taking a very similar approach to you with food/drink... I had a pretty good diet 'before' (and don't need to lose weight) etc but after reading 'Making Babies' and a couple of websites, I figured it was worth a try 'tweaking' my food/drink intake to see if it made a difference.

Since CD1 this cycle we've (both) been eating organic whenever we possibly can (Sainsburys are fab for organic stuff), plenty of fruit and veg, wholegrain pasta/bread/rice etc, a daily fertility smoothie, superfoods, homemade muesli for breakfast, adding ground flax seeds/chia seeds/maca into my concoctions, spatone (natural iron) daily, no/very very little alcohol etc.

I haven't changed my supplements... on 50mg B6 and 2000mg agnus castus.

I usually ovulate in the late teens/early 20s - average of about CD20 for the past few months. However, this cycle I have ovulated on Day TWELVE! As I haven't altered my supplements, I think it must be the improved quality of food and drink that's going into my body. I had no idea it would have such an impact... fascinating.

I've charted for coming up 4 years and my earliest ever ovulations have been Day 14 (when we conceived L), 18 (when we conceived but MC in Oct11), 19 and 20 (when we conceived our twins in Nov09 - MMC) - so I am a big believer in earlier ovulation raising the odds of conception with everything else being in the 20s.

I'm 6dpo today... last LP I'm sure of was 8 days (before the cycle in which we had an early MC) so will be interested to see whether there's any change. In my head I'm thinking of the next three cycles of 'super eating' as getting my body into tip top condition to conceive... not necessarily within three three months, but hopefully soon after.

Good luck everyone!

Hi 254! Thanks! I'm very happy and hoping this one sticks!!

Yes, I did conceive the first month of taking B50. I read here and then elsewhere that it's important to take a b-complex because they interact with each other and taking just b6 can mess up the balance of the others like the folic acid. Maybe that's worth a try?

Good luck to you!

Thanks baby! I'll try harder to cut down on the diet coke. It's not every day, but few times week, I'll have it, 8- 20 oz. I'm way into chai tea too, and have that several times a week too, just one tea bag. Probably should stay away from that too. ?

Hi Daisy,
Didn't make it to library today, but I do remember the book said a little coffee and a little caffeinated tea was fine, but soda was a no-no. I was just drinking a few soda's a week as well. It also said people who drank soda were more likely to miscarry so I'm stickin with the diet! I'm actually feeling really healthy so I don't mind much!

...and yeah, good idea with the honey. Much less of a bloodsugar spike.

Thanks babybaby! I know, I need to really get back to that low glycemic thing. I was doing it a few years ago and along with working out (a lot), I lost a ton of weight. I wish I could just yank that sweet tooth out!

hello ladies,

so here i am on CD7 . first cycle taking b50. I noticed already my period went down a lot. about 3 days i think.

so today its CD 7 and my CBFM went to high

.....last cycle was 42 days in total with first high being cd 13 all the way through to cd 26 when it went straight to low.

i also have a LOT of CM far more than usual.

Has anyone else had this as a result of vitamin b50?

X

WOW - those are some HUGE changes! Is B50 the only thing you changed or added this cycle??

This is my first cycle on B50 from the start of the cycle. I started taking it midway through my last cycle.

I had a lot more CM this month too, but I'm also taking EPO, so I thought it was due to that. I was also taking antibiotics earlier this month, and had some great EWCM then too.

In terms of the CBFM (hey - we have a CBFM Buddy thread you should join!) I did get a "high" two days earlier than last month, and I ovulated one day earlier than last month...

My periods have been really short. Haven't noticed a huge change in length, but they are like 2-4 days, with a little spotting before and after.

That's great Happyh. If you're not temping becareful. First cycle taking B100 and vitex I prepared to O, EWCM and +OPK but didn't actually O. O'd a week later instead. If I hadnt been temping I wouldn't have realised.

Doesn't mean this will happen to you but be aware.

thank you ladies,

how do i join the cbfm thread? im so new here!!!

my changes have been the B5O and thats it.

about 3 months ago i gave up all sweetner and aspartame / soda/ caffine

i dont think i have o'd as my OPK is negative. i think B50 has given me much more cm but i am being very very cautious.....

from observation i think my body tries to ovulate (hence the surges) and manages it much later on.

i have had every test possible and they have all been fine hormone wise.

im bding every other day / every third day if not to be sure

xxx

Here's a link to the CBFM thread and WELCOME!

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-buddies/713514-cbfm-buddy.html

If you are getting a "high" on CBFM, it means that estrogen is surging, hence all the EWCM. Usually you will get several highs (I usually get 2-3) before getting a "peak," which means LH is surging. Some women will ONLY get highs, and this is either because they are missing a short LH surge (it's possible LH starts to surge after you submit your stick for testing, and stops surging before the next test stick), or it could be that you just don't get a LH surge. In any case, it's all good information to have. I do find that charting is the best way to confirm ovulation. The CBFM provides great "warning" that it's coming, but charting is a good way to confirm. I'm just a tad bit obsessive :)wacko:) so I ALSO start doing OPKs (cheap ones) in the afternoons once I start getting highs on the CBFM. Really just don't want to miss that surge!

thaaaanking you!!!

i cant temp as i work shifts and am on call. its just too hard to be honest as i dont get much sleep.

i think i might be gearing up for a surge but i put money on it i still have a mental long cycle!!!!

i have self diagnosed ovulation normally at day 27 ish.

we have started home inseminating as well as bding due to husbands health problems.

i love weeing on sticks though thats lots of fun since properly starting to TTC!!
xx

Yeah, shift work is a b*tch. I've read that you can still try it (take temp after best/longest rest), but I don't know anyone else doing that. Mamma on the CBFM thread is an RN and works nights, so she also doesn't temp. Glad you joined us on the CBFM thread! All we talk about over there is weeing on sticks all day long.

Hello,
Sorry for cutting in but I have a question about taking Vitamin B complex. I am currrently 3dpo and am wondering if I should start taking my Vit B or wait until Af comes? Thanks

I started after ovulation last month, and while AF got me, my LP extended by one day. It can't hurt to start now, especially as it may take a few cycles to get a benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->