Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I started taking B6 50mg Jan 14th. I havent noticed anything different. Im doing it more for the Progesterone side of it than the LP, but it couldnt hurt. I have no idea if it will hurt or help, but hopefully help.

is 50 enough? should i up it?

If you haven't got a short LP but you want to try B vits, I'd start with B50 and see how you get on.

Good luck Happen :hugs: If its any consolation I had really heavy AF style bleeding when I got my bfp and thought I was out until it stopped 2 days later. Also the stretchy little cramps are totally normal. Its everything moving and stretching inside to make room for a LO. I really hope its a false alarm for you. :hugs: xxx

GL happenstance. Praying the bean sticks for you. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks ladies, I'm learing so much!

I'm researching for theories on why my cycle length is now longer. Any ideas? Vit B6 seems like a possibility, (maybe I'm getting it in my diet? not sure...)

I was a solid 33 days, tracking for a full year

Since TTC i'm 39 days, 3 months in a row.... wondering, is something wrong? am i getting preggo but not enough hormones to get a + HPT? Any other ideas?

Thx so much! Your ideas mean alot to me

Update on me, started spotting today. :-( I think this is the earliest I've spotted before AF...

Update on me, started spotting today. :-( I think this is the earliest I've spotted before AF...

Hi Happen and Daisy,

Don't stress too much about spotting. I know that is hard! It's such a roller coaster ride! I started spotting one day before I was expecting my period and was so frustrated I did everything I had been avoiding: drank a beer, drank coffee, ate sugar, etc....and then the spotting stopped and I got a bfp! I was surprised because i felt a little twinge cramping too. I thought for sure I was getting my period, but I'm 11 weeks now. My first appointment is next week and I'm crossing my fingers for the heartbeat!

Hi ladies!! Sorry for lack of response, couple of v hectic days at work!!

Anyway I have been wondering whether to start straight on the B100 rather than the B50, not sure. I know my LP is very short so 100 might be needed but my only concern is what if I have bad side effects? But then if the 50 don't work I'll have to take them anyway!!

I am on pregnacare as well which has some already in, so I figured really it's a choice of 60mg per day or 110mg.

Good luck Happen!

X

Miss Broody, why don't you start with B50 for a week or so, and if you feel OK, you can take 2 a day - once in the morning and once in the afternoon?

Thanks babybabyfever. I know it's possible to spot and still get a BFP. The good news is that it seems to have stopped for now - it was mainly when I was poking around my cervix looking for CM and pushing (if you know what I mean), that I had it. This is how I usually start AF though, with 1-2 days of light spotting before. So I don't want to get my hopes back up. Looking into acupuncture for next cycle, if my DH will allow it - it's quite an investment. Wonder if our insurance will cover any of it.

Happenstance... I hope things turn out OK for you. Are the pills which you took to delay your period progesterone, or something else? Fingers crossed xxx

Hi Daisy, thanks thats a good idea! I've been wondering about accupuncture too, i'll be interested to hear how you get on if you try it!

Realised someone asked me about BCP before, i have been on BCP for 10 years but this is my 10th cycle of TTC, 11th cycle off BCP, so i would hope it is out of my system by now!

My first three cycles off BCP were very light AF's and not much pain (like i had on the pill really) but since them OMG the full ones are back with avengence!!!

Sorry for all the questions, taking B6 etc is bew to me, i know you are meant to take it from the start of the cycle, but would it make any difference/be ok to start taking it from tommorrow, I havent ovulated yet, but should do soon?

xx

Thanks everyone for all of your kind thoughts and wishes, it means so much to me :hugs:

So here's my update: I went to the doctor yesterday and told her I had a positive pregnancy test. She said congratulations and I burst into floods of tears! :cry: I told her I was spotting/bleeding and that I had been for around 10 days. before, during and after BFP). She explained that lots of women spot early in their pregnancy and it could just be normal but said that as I had experienced spotting/bleeding that it meant I was a 'threatened miscarriage'. She said it's a 50/50 chance and that for now I should just rest and take it easy. She called the Early Pregnancy Unit and booked me in for a scan at the end of the month. If I'm able to hold on to the pregnancy till then I'll be six weeks and still really early for a scan but she explained they should be able to see that the sac etc is in the right place.

She also told me not to worry if the bleeding gets worse and I do miscarry, because at least now I know everything is in order and that hopefully there'll be a next time. But not to lose hope for now. Today, I'm still spotting/bleeding but it seems to be about the same as yesterday and still having no cramps. So trying to keep as positive as possible.

Bean66, I'm so glad I read your post before going to the doctor! :flower: My head is all over the place and I'm sure I would have forgotten to mention the B50 complex thing. I asked her if I should continue and she advised against it and told me that everything I need should be in a pre-natal. I told her I was worried that coming off it may cause me to miscarry. However, she said that if I did, it wouldn't be down to the B complex. I'm just really nervous to stop taking anything that has got me this far. I'm not quite sure what to do as I've read about other women who's doctors have said continuing with B50 is just fine? :nope: How are you getting on this cycle? I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Ebony2010, thanks for sharing your story with me, I really hope my spotting stops soon too! :flower: And thanks for the advice on the tummy sensations. I keep panicking, thinking it's cramps, and then I realise it's probably just a wind pain - I'm like a big ball of gas right now :blush:

DaisyQ, sorry to hear about the spotting. But don't give up hope, I'm proof that spotting doesn't stop the BFP! :winkwink: Also, the fact that it's stopped now sounds like a great sign. Possible BFP? I hope so!

Babybabyfever, that's great news on your BFP. And I agree, this whole thing really is a rollercoaster ride with more ups, downs, twists and turns than I've ever known! :wacko: Good luck with your scan next week, let me know how it goes! :happydance:

MissBroody, thanks for thinking for me. I've only taken B50 this month so the other ladies can advise you better, but I had a really short LP and decided to start on the lower dose knowing I could always up my dose later if needed. Not sure if this helps at all? :flower:

254, thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me - let's hope it works! And yes, the pills were progesterone based. I have such a short LP and when I tested earlier this month (9dpo - which I know is really early) I got a BFN. Then at 12 dpo I got a BFP. So, I'm not sure when it implanted but I'm almost convinced that the pills helped give me just a little longer to implant? Not that I'm recommending use of these pills as you're not meant to take them if you think you're pregnant or are TTC. I only took them as I was bleeding, thought for sure I was out and my doc advised them in advance of my scan. I mentioned to the doctor about this and asked if I may have a progesterone issue but she told me that my test (cd21 test) had come back clear and that my progesterone was okay and that this was just a coincidence. I'll wait and see what happens but if I find myself TTC again in the near future I think I'll be pressing for more progesterone tests. :flower: Thanks again for thinking of me and I hope all is going well for you this cycle. :hugs:

Sorry for the War and Peace post, I'll keep you all updated in hopefully much smaller posts! If you weren't all so nice I wouldn't have this problem, so you only have yourselves to blame! :hugs:

Sending you all lots of :dust:

Everything crossed for you happenstance. Hopes its a sticky bean. Are you still taking the progesterone? I always thought you had to stay on it until 12weeks if you'd already started. As for the B6 either should be fine. No harm in stopping but also heard it's good for morning sickness.

Crossables crossed!

Hi ladies!! Sorry for lack of response, couple of v hectic days at work!!

Anyway I have been wondering whether to start straight on the B100 rather than the B50, not sure. I know my LP is very short so 100 might be needed but my only concern is what if I have bad side effects? But then if the 50 don't work I'll have to take them anyway!!

I am on pregnacare as well which has some already in, so I figured really it's a choice of 60mg per day or 110mg.

Good luck Happen!

X

Just to butt in...

I had a 7 day LP and B50 made it go up to an 11 day LP the 1st cycle and a bfp the 2nd so you might find you don't need to start as high as B100. :shrug:

Happenstance I'm glad my insight on the cramping helped. I really hope that little bean hangs on in there. Look at Struth... she has always had spotting problems and she got her bfp and has continued to spot on and off but her pregnancy is going really well. I know its hard but hang on in there. :hugs: xxx

happenstance EXACTLY the same thing happened to me.

I got my BFP and two days later i started spotting but really cramping. I started running the gauntlet of tests and scans. Throughout i was spotting on and off and on a couple of occasions the pain was so bad with the cramps i thought i was going to faint. I had my hcg taken and it rose and i still spotted.

i had my FOURTH scan on monday. The first scan with a HCG of 2600 they couldn't see anything. i felt like my world had caved in. The scan on monday showed a little scan and even a heart beat. I have not spotted for about a week but honestly some of the painful cramps i have had are so frightening i think im going to faint.

The drs found out i have a majorly retroverted womb. So retroverted all the doctors were coming in to look at it when i was getting a scan!! that could explain the pain as the wombs not only growing its flipping into a normal position.

Try not to worry. Rest and dont pick up heavy items and take painkillers. im only six weeks now so no where near out of the woods but it is far more common than i first realized.

good luck xxxx

Hi ladies. Thank you all for your support.

Happenstance, I like your epic post. Fx the bean sticks. If it were me, I would keep taking the b50 for sure. It can't hurt, might help with ms, and there are far too many stories of women miscarrying after stopping for my liking. I am not a doctor or an expert on b6 and pregnancy, but I am a nutritionist who works in a hospital, and I can tell you that most doctors are utterly clueless about nutrition, vitamins etc. They receive no training in it all, and know just the barest basics.

Oh and miss broody, you can start taking it at any point in your cycle.

Afm, no more spotting yet today, but it's early yet!! My temp is way up. trying not to read too much into it, it could plumet tomorrow...

daisyq, i think your temps look promising... ur temp at 8 dpo could be a bum temp in which case its a steady rise. The 'drop' is still way above the cover line, so looks like your still in the running :p good luck x

I really hope so! It's so hard not to test, but I can't handle a BFN. I might test tomorrow or Sunday, depending on what my temps do. You should see me taking my temp in the morning - I'm praying and praying for it to stay up! It's probably up because of all that mental energy heating me up. :haha:

Happenstance... There's been quite a bit of debate on here as to whether to continue a B complex after finding out you're pregnant... t'was several months back when LancyLass got pregnant, as I know she did lots of research into it (and may've linked to some articles?) I know something she read said that it wasn't the B6 or B12 that was an issue, but that high levels of one of the other B vitamins wasn't recommended in pregnancy... Ebony or struth may know more than me as I know they looked into it (I'm just taking B6 and B12 separately)?

It's your choice... doctors will always recommend just taking a prenatal vitamin as that's what they 'have to do'... so in this situation you just have to do your own reading (trying to find the actual research articles/reports and not just reading other people's comments on forums, obviously) and make a decision.

It does sound like the progesterone tablets could well have helped... I guess you'll never know! But anyway... I really do hope everything ends up OK for you. Spotting in pregnancy is scary... but the thing is... people spot in pregnancies that end up fine, and people spot in pregnancies that don't. Unless it's heavier red blood and with major cramping, it's not necessarily a bad sign. I spotted at 6-7 weeks in my pregnancy with L, and she's now 22 months old, I didn't spot in my first pregnancy (MMC at 12 weeks) and only had implantation spotting and nothing after in my pregnancy that ended in the early MC in October... so for me, I've spotted in my successful pregnancies and not in the 2 unsuccessful ones, so definitely don't view it as an automatic bad sign! :hugs:

I'm also hoping to give acupuncture a go... would much rather try that before any invasive fertility treatments...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->