Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Yes, you can take it the whole time, I take 30mg, its just a supermarket brand. TMI but she also told me to look out for fresh, red blood as a good sign. Anything old or with clots could mean you're not having a good clear out (so to speak!!)

Again, thank you so much! I'll buy some today. For some reason I didn't think any other supplements but vit-B would help with this issue, so this is great to hear. :)

Could be one of those urban myths but it's worth a go i reckon!

good luck!

Bumping this thread up for Susan1981!

Here is my update.

After 3 months on b50, lp went up to max of 13. Then last month a disappointing 10 day lp with spotting.
So this month upped to b100. No spotting, just :witch: with a grudge today!! LP of 11 so heading in the right direction..

Hi all! I am new to this site but spent the weekend reading most of this thread. I have a two year old son and have been TTC # 2 for 5 months. With my son, I didn't use OPK so I have no idea if I had a similar problem while TTC him but my luteal phase seems to only be 10 - 11 days this time around (I am using OPKs and basal body temps). Since reading this thread I have started on B6 100mg. I didn't start until CD17, I don't usually ovulate until CD20, CD21. I just got my positive OPK so I will ovulate tomorrow, which is CD21. Can anyone let me know their success with B6, how many days, months until it regulating your cycle? I am just looking for more information and more ideas on what I can do to help myself conceive baby number 2! Any info is helpful!!!
Thanks!

Hi Ryan's Mom - Sounds like you are doing the right thing by extending your LP by a bit. There are lots of ladies who have got their BFP's whilst using the B vits (they probably don't look on here so much as they are all over on the tri-boards!) If you look back over these threads and look at the info under their names you can see who is now pregnant. Also look at this thread which is a bit older and similar with some other 'graduates'.

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ing-luteal-phase-defect.html?highlight=luteal

I am on my first month of B50 and previously I have had a 9 day LP with 3 days of spotting which made it 6 days really. This month I ovulated a day earlier and so far have lasted one day longer without spotting so can now say I am at least 8 true days and still counting....

I think it can take several months to improve and some tinkering to get the right dosages etc.

You'll find tons of information on B&B to help. Good luck and keep posting as things change.

Good luck

XX

I started using it my third month and it took me one cycle to lengthen from an 11-12LP to 14-15LP. It comfortably stayed at 14 days for five months until I got my sticky BFP.

If you only started a few days before normal Ov, it might not help much. The earlier you start it before Ov the better. That said it's good to get into the groove now. Good luck!

Thanks ladies! Congrats to all who are pregnant and baby dust to those who are still TTC!!! I will be studying these posts, they have given me hope!

:hug:

Hello all-- I started my B50 on CD10-- now I am on CD29 and fertility friend informed me to do a HPT today. Well I just got a :bfn:
Since this was my first month to start the B vitamins I'm sure that they just increased my LP-- so far by one day which is good! I was hopeful that I was not starting AF because I was prego, but apparently not since I got a :bfn:!
I'll update you all to let you know how long my LP is extended by the B vits-- feel free to check out my ff chart if you want. I know it's only added a day so far but every day counts! Does anyone know what a good LP is?

I'm sorry to read that you got a :bfn: but at least your LP is lengthening, well that's the way I always see it. I'd rather have a :bfp: obviously. My last cycle lengthened to a lovely 14 days with a couple of days spotting beforehand. I think 14 days is the ideal but anything from 12-14 would be a good length.

Hi Kped! Maybe it is just too early to get a positive result...you are only 11 dpo, try again at 14 dpo!
Fingers crossed for you!

:hugs:

Hi all,

I O'd today so 1 day earlier than last month. Am hoping that my LP lengthens this month, or better still, get a :bfp:.

Will keep this thread updated1

As promised, I am updating my progress on B50's. My LP has increased by a day from a 9 day LP to a 10 day LP but also I had no spotting this month which I have had for quite a number of months previously which I felt actually brought it down to about 6 days. Although I would rather have had a BFP, I feel encouraged by this. I ummed and ahhed but have increased the dose to 100 so hopefully, this will improve things further. Will keep you all posted.

I like this thread, it's very useful, so everyone else pls keep posting with their progress and good luck to everyone.
XX

nevermind! started spotting today.... new cycle begins soon! :(

Your temp went back up today though. At least your cycle length and LP have increased.

I know! So I am not sure what to think!?! My temp went back up & I'm still just spotting (no full flow).

It takes some ladies a few cycles to see the full benefit, but if the spotting worries you, I would up your dosage.

And I was on B50s for 5 months before this sticky bean! So don't give up the hope.

I'm very confused at this point-- Can someone look at my FF chart? I spotted on CD29 & CD30, but now I'm on CD31 and no spotting, so I never really had a full flow AF! I usually have a 28 day cycle, so I am now 13DPO where I usually just had a 9-10 day LP. Do you guys think the B50 could add that much to my LP so quickly? Also, I took a HPT on Sunday but got my :bfn: so I'm wondering if I don't start by tomorrow (CD32, 14DPO) should I take another HPT?

Seeking advice from my wise babyandbump friends! Thank you!

Hi Kped, I would assume that since you got spotting that you would at least at 14LP, get your full flow. I would wait and see what Thursday brings and if nothing still, try an HPT on Friday. Last cycle my spotting started on LP12 but dead on LP15 it came on full flow, so I had a 14 day LP. Which was fab.

If AF doesn't show I've got my FX'd for you.

Hi Kped, I would assume that since you got spotting that you would at least at 14LP, get your full flow. I would wait and see what Thursday brings and if nothing still, try an HPT on Friday. Last cycle my spotting started on LP12 but dead on LP15 it came on full flow, so I had a 14 day LP. Which was fab.

If AF doesn't show I've got my FX'd for you.

How long was your LP before you started B vitamins? I assume you're on B vitamins, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->