Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Sigh, nevermind.... Just looked at your chart. With that temp drop it's unlikely

daisy yes my temp has gone down and that is why i am assuming af should be coming but it is weird for me. so not sure if maybe changing a few things it is prolonging the witch from coming? :cry: but your temp looks awesome i can't wait for another week or so to see your result! :happydance:

Thanks Joeys. Yes, my temp is way up, much earlier than normal. Time will tell (and fx). I took my temp tonight, and it was 98.8. My normal temp (not BBT, but once I'm up moving) is around 97.7. And I do feel very warm.

Thanks Daisy Q. yeah i never had issue's conceiving my first two, my body seems a bit up the creek now though! :S will B-complex help with the prolactin levels then or is that a different thing all together? my doctor wants to send me for some blood tests to check my progesterone levels 4DPO and 7DPO, do you think will show if the prolactin levels are high?
Thanks Lucy

Hi Lucy. The prolactin test is a separate test all together - I'm sure you could ask to have that checked, as well as thyroid. If prolactin is high, I don't think B complex will help, but meds will (ovulation inducing meds like clomid or injectables).

Hi Lucy. The prolactin test is a separate test all together - I'm sure you could ask to have that checked, as well as thyroid. If prolactin is high, I don't think B complex will help, but meds will (ovulation inducing meds like clomid or injectables).

thanks! i'll see how these blood tests go, if they come back OK and i don't get my BFP i'll chase after some more tests. maybe my body justs needs time to settle into some sort of pattern after weaning. i only weaned before Christmas so it's not been long - but i'm an impatient so and so! the long cycles are so disheartening and frustrating!

Also...really random! my milk dried up fairly quickly, but yesterday i started leaking what looks like colostrum and my boobs ache so bad! i had milk from 8weeks pg with DD2, but am a little freaked out by this happening when i'm not pg or breastfeeding?! any ideas? maybe this is another sign of high prolactin! - isn't that the hormone that helps produce milk? Lucy

I think B6 is meant to help with prolactin levels. I've read it a few times and found this.

https://www.freakzonline.com/threads/39720-B6-and-zinc-lowers-Prolactin

Bean, you're right. But as far as I know, short-term consumption of ASA 81 mg hasn't. I also won't take it after ovulation because it works for the life of the platelets (about 21 days, if I remember correctly). So I figure a couple of weeks on a low dose will be okay.
I have to admit, though, I'm totally tempted to try the chastberry because I hear of these good results, and my friend has some she said she'd give me for free. But I will hold off until I hear more. :)

I take it and never had a problem, but have seen women with regular cycles mess them up (this maybe a complete fluke). I know a herbilist and she says that it takes 3 months to see a change. Any changes that happen in the first cycle is likely a coincidence. What dose are the tablets? She also recommends taking it all cycle. Don't stop at O.

I think B6 is meant to help with prolactin levels. I've read it a few times and found this.QUOTE]

Thanks! :) i went to the doctor this afternoon as i didn't want to be leaking milk for the next few weeks (til i can go back and get the results of my progesterone bloods - i ovulate around CD28, so i wouldn't be seeing the dr til at least 9DPO...as i'm only on CD6 that seems a long time to be leaking without knowing what's going on!!)
so anyway, saw a much better dr who agreed LPD does in fact exist. she seems to think my symptoms are more fitting with high prolactin levels as opposed to low progesterone. so am going for blood test tomorrow, she's sending me for a general hormone blood test :) so will see how my thyroid is too. thinking about it now, i've previously had high progesterone levels. i've had multiple ovarian cysts (one large one removed July 2011) after taking the mini-pill which sent my progesterone levels through the roof - will never touch one of those pills again! sucks that we only learn this stuff after the damage is done! good to know that B-vits won't hurt anyway. i've never had PMS but these last 2 AF's i have been the most horrible person!

LLMP - That's great you have a good and understanding doctor. Let us kow how you get on. I think vitex is good for high prolactin too.

Llpm, glad you are getting the tests you need, and getting it sorted out. Prolactin is the hormone that stimulates milk production, so if you are leaking, it does sound like your level may be elevated. But it's a treatable problem, so don't despair!

Sorry Daisy - you get to read this twice.

WARNING RANT ALERT!!

So no AF yet so I should be happy right? No. Had enough. Just want my BFP already. Pee'd off, frustrasted and angry. Patient (or receptionist) messed up her appointment time so I'm having to work longer and instead of being calm like normal I want to shout at either my patient or the receptionist for messing up. I'm not normally like this. Then I remembered I was like this last cycle a day or two before AF so now I'm convinced the witch is going to get me and I'm even more pee'd off. Stupid hormones.

Why does TCC have to be so bloody hard. Sorry I did warn you all. ARRRGGHHHHHH!

oh bean i am sorry i know how you feel! i have terrible cramps starting last night and feels like my bladder is going to burst and i am very moody. I do just want our bfp but again denied by af. HOpefully next month will be good. but you are not out till she comes!!!:shrug:

Thanks ladies!

Slight spotting but no witch yet. Trying to stay positive.

:flower:

Bean 66 - Ditto what everyone said, we've all been there, TTC is stressful, but thankfully we are all in the same boat and can understand. Wishing everyone good luck this month!!! Lots of Baby :dust:

Rarrr!!! Know how u feel bean wish there was a crystal ball so even id we knew we had ti wait we'd know how long for!
in some ways I guess we should feel lucky if we have a regular cycle as it means we r ovulating but seeing the bloody.....blood(!) every month is so disheartening

Thanks ladies. I feel so bad having a rant. 7 months is nothing compared to some. I think my hormones caused my melt down. My SIL has been trying for years, 4 failed IUI's and 1 failed IVF. Having 2 more goes. I really have nothing to moan about.

Thanks for listening and understanding ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->