Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm halfway between hopeful and pessimistic! I'm hopeful because I know the clomid and IUI give me a little bit of an edge, but I'm pessimistic because it wasn't timed well, and because I know this doesn't have the greatest success rate (probably 12-15% per cycle). So it will be great if it happens, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Hi Everyone!! Welcome to the new ladies!!

Thanks for the good wishes for my scan. you can see the picture in my avatar, my little person has arms now!!! It went well, they have said i do have a biocornerate uterus but it is a very mild heart shape and they dont think it will cause me any issues carrying the baby to term or at least close to! Very relieved!

Happenstance - aww great photos hun, pity they could not do the test but great you got another scan!

Daisy - I am keeping everything crossed the IUI timing issue works out ok for you this cycle, and if it doesn't it is only the first attempt, so i am sure it will soon.

Bean - how are you coping in the two week wait? I think you said you were trying to hold of testing till Sat?

Joey - i hope the burning up sensation has gone, but that AF has stayed away! Are you temps still down, any more spotting!?

xx

Morning.

Ddas - sorry you were ill. Don't get confused between the clearblue fertility monitor and CB digi ovulation sticks. Daisy uses the cbfm (and happenstance did). I use cheaply OPKs when I start to get fertile signs the when my lines get darker or my fertile signs get stronger I'll use a digital (at the same time as cheapy) I hate the old is it positive? How can reading 2 lines be so hard. I do like the superdrug OPKs which are good when you are out and don't have a pot to pee in.

MissBroody - lovely pic! Made me smile.

Daisy - everything crossed for you still.

Joeys - hope it's not the witch and your temp jumps back up.

Happenstance - how was the second scan?

Afm - 10dpo. On/off achy boobs, no spotting but I caved and tested and bfn. It is early and it was a very cheap supermarket test. Don't know sensitivity. Not gonna let myself get down yet. I know that DH and Inare gonna be gutted if it's another miss. Fxd!

Hi ladies, i'm a newbie here.

a little about me, i'm 23 years old TTC#3, i've been married to DH for 4 years & we have 2 little girls.
since weaning DD2 my cycles have been a bit crazy, long, late ovulation, short luteal phase. i've been reading through this thread and started taking B-complex 100 today (i'm on CD5). i went to see Dr last week and she said there was no such thing as LPD?! after reading this i'm starting to think she maybe doesn't have a clue??

looking forward to sharing the TTC journey with you! :D

Welcome LL! I think its not uncommon for doctors to not believe in LPD. My RE doesn't either. That said, he still gave me progesterone suppositories when I asked for them. Fx b complex works for you. Keep in mind that having been breast feeding, your issue may be more high prolactin, which is something else they can test for.

Broody! Yay! You are an olive!! In my opinion, your bicornate uterus just shows how much you "heart" your baby. :thumbup:

Bean, 10 dpo is early still, as u know. Fx this is your lucky cycle.

Afm, huge, uncharacteristic temp jump today. I'm chalking it up to extra progesterone production from thectwo eggs released, and the supplemental progesterone I'm taking.

Goodmorning ladies! Good luck to all in the TWW! I am learning just how exhausting that can be.

I have a few more questions, if you don't mind. I'm new to all these supplements. I have read somewhere that a woman knew several people who had messed up their ovulation by taking B supplements. Have you heard of this? It made me nervous to take my B50 yesterday! My LP is 10-11 days, which *might* be sufficient.

Also, I've read about a bunch of other supplements: Chasteberry, maca root and baby aspirin. I'm probably going to take the baby aspirin since it doesn't seem to hurt and could possibly help. I have read mixed things about chasteberry (this is agnus castus or vitex, right?). It seems to help regulate cycles, but I'e read it might mess up regular cycles? My cycle is generally regular (although it shortened in the last couple of months to 29 days from 33, cutting off my LP). I know nothing about maca root, but have heard it mentioned too. So ... anyone with knowledge about any of this stuff?

I go see my midwife today for some bloodwork, so hopefully we'll be able to talk a little bit more about what she wants to do as far as testing or treatment go this month.

Sotiredmama - TBH I'd step way from the supplements. B complex shouldn't affect O. It's difficult because we take things and don't know if the change is a fluke. Stress is more likely to delay O than B complex. B50 should be fine. I wouldn't touch anything else just yet. If you have a history of MC then consider baby aspirin but if not it's probably not necessary. I wouldn't touch vitex/AC/chasteberry or Maca if your cycles are regular.

TTC can take time, it doesn't mean something is wrong. I think we all try to 'fix' ourselves and waste money when all we need is patience and time. I know I am the worst for this.

Have a chat with your midwife and see what she thinks.

Good luck

good morning ladies.

MissBroody & bean well my temp dropped even more so i am guessing af is coming i haven't had any more spotting since yesterday morning and still not really anything now. so maybe it is just a matter of time???:shrug:

MissBroody oh yes great picture how exciting!

good morning ladies.

MissBroody & bean well my temp dropped even more so i am guessing af is coming i haven't had any more spotting since yesterday morning and still not really anything now. so maybe it is just a matter of time???:shrug:

MissBroody oh yes great picture how exciting!

Sorry about the temp drop. I'll still keep everything crossed until the witch arrives.

thanks but she just arrived! :-( but i don't really have cramps like i normally do so that is a good thing. not sure if it is part because of the acupuncture or increased to b100 complex?:shrug:

Thanks, bean! That's what I figured. I don't think I'm going to take anything this month, except maybe the aspirin, only because I've never seen anything saying it could hurt, and, well, it's just aspirin.

My midwife is testing LH, ovarian reserve and thyroid, just about everything I'd hope for at this stage. She'll do a P7 later in the month, and send me for an ovulation ultrasound if anything comes back strange in the bloodwork today. If my P7 is low, she'll start me on progesterone. I guess that's about everything I could ask for. She's a doll and made me feel like I'd get pg this month. :)

You're right ... I just want to do something, anything, to help! Even though there may not be a problem. I am not good at waiting. :dohh:

Joeys, sorry to hear about AF. :( It's good that it's less painful, though! I'm interested to hear about your acupuncture. We have a fertility acupuncturist nearby; I actually went to her to help get labor started with my LO when we were facing induction and have thought about visiting her again depending on how things go. I'd love to hear about your experience!

well i go in on thursday for an ultrasound and then the hsg. :happydance:

Hi there!
Just wanted to let ya's know that for me, taking B-100 complex daily last cycle changed a bunch of things:
- Delayed ovulation to CD26 (from CD20-21 normal)
- My temp was higher pre-ovulation
- I had great CM for the first time!!!
- My LP stayed the same (16-17 days)

So i had a long cycle, 42 days... I don't know if it's worth it for me on the B's.

Cheers, and good luck all!

Hi sotiredmama

Just thought I would drop you a line re the chaste berry/agnus castus,
I have been taking it along with b6 for the past few months, mainly due to coming off bfp and being alarmed at spotting every cycle for about 4/5 days prior to af

I was perhaps a bit hasty as I jumped to the conclusion I had LPD and started taking it as it is meant to balance your hormones out naturally as it is herbal, so say you have an oestrogen dominance it should help to balance it out with more progesterone etc which in turn should help with a longer luteal phase. Also read it us good for people who have come off bfp but there af hasn't returned it can help to restart them, it is quite slow to see results though generally I have read it can take a few months to see a difference

I haven't experienced any issues as far as I can tell my lp has increased but I probably wasn't charting long enough before hand to get a good pattern but it has increased by a day each cycle for the last 3 cycles, I was thinking of stopping for a while but have decided to carry on (thanks daisy and bean for your comments :0) )for now and see how things go, so

But I guess everyone reacts differently to these things and it is best to do your research and make an informed decision, whereas I was like 'a cure!' which it hasn't been as an still spotting which concerns me most but a longer lp is a definite plus!!

Joeys - sorry about the witch but good not cramping. Good luck with HSG just think of the clear pen tubes you'll have.

Sotired - good plan. Although I wouldn't say taking aspirin has no side effects. It may not cause problems but has been linked to gastric problems.

Hyacinth - how come you're taking b complex with a long LP?

Liz - nothing wrong will long posts. Try not to worry about spotting. I can't find much research to say it causes a problem.

Bean, you're right. But as far as I know, short-term consumption of ASA 81 mg hasn't. I also won't take it after ovulation because it works for the life of the platelets (about 21 days, if I remember correctly). So I figure a couple of weeks on a low dose will be okay.
I have to admit, though, I'm totally tempted to try the chastberry because I hear of these good results, and my friend has some she said she'd give me for free. But I will hold off until I hear more. :)

Well don't know if af is just playing with me all day except this morning no period. Starting to feel some cramps still nothing. I still think the acupuncture is good I feel less worked up I think that is a good thing so far. I don't mind it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->