Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Beautiful picture. Well I still feel like I am burning up so not sure if that is a good sign or not. I guess only time will tell.

P.s just wondering if anyone has any experience with AC/vitex or any advice? I have been using it the last few cycles along with the b vits and have seen an improvement with my lp but am running low on them now and wondering whether to have a break and just use the b vits but obviously don't want a bad cycle, so just wondering if anyone knows whether you should just keep taking it indefinitely or if ur body kind of resets itself hormonally and will stay with a good lp! As have been using two supplements not sure if it's the AC, b vits or both that are helping!
Any opinions greatly appreciated thank you!

I think some ovulation are fine but I don't think major bb pain for the entire LP is good. A few symptoms when progesterone first hits the system is ok. This is just my thoughts.

With regard to vitex. Generally it takes 3 months before it really shows its affect so I'd take it for at least that long. Take it all cycle. Stop when you get BFP. Don't stop at O. I'd probably have a few good cycles before changing anything.

Beautiful picture. Well I still feel like I am burning up so not sure if that is a good sign or not. I guess only time will tell.

Sorry you're still burning up. Hope you feel better soon or it ends in a flashing BFP!

Ugh. Just wrote long response and lost it!!

Liz, I don't know, but if you have a regimen that's working for you, I wouldn't mess with it.

Joeys, :dust:

Broody, eager to hear how your scan goes.

Happenstance, I love your posts. So newsy!! Baby is so cute!!

Bean, steak and wine... Yum! Had a very small glass of red last night, accupuncturist's orders. I was stressed beyond belief yesterday.

I got my temp rise this morning. I also had EWCM last night and my CP was high and soft. All things considered I really think I ovulated overnight. My acupuncturist, who has worked in fertility medicine for years, thinks I had not yet ovulated yesterday morning with a progesterone level if 1.2, which is SUPER low. She also said that it's hard to tell on an ultrasound about ovulation until it's been a few days, because it can take a while for fluid to leave the follicles etc. Also, i did some research on the ovidrel shot. My doctor and nurse were adamant that the shot induces ovulation in 36 hours. This can't be right because egg retrieval for IVF is usually scheduled for 36 hours after trigger. From what i read, ovulation happens after that, more like 40-48 hours after trigger. :shrug: it also seems like most REs do either one iui at 36 hours after trigger, or 2 back to back at 12 and 48 hours. One, at 24 hours seems early. The only way that makes sense is if you are already surging in your own, then the trigger works faster (ovulation at ~24 hours after trigger). Anyway. This iui really wasn't well timed. While sperm can live 3 days or so in fertile cm, washed sperm has a shorter lifespan, which is why the timing is so important. Also, washed sperm are highly motile and can actually swim beyond the Fallopian tube and into the abdominal cavity (much good it does there!). So yeah... Timing is key. I know we covered our bases with bding (Thursday night, last night, this morning), but I just have less confidence in our ability to get pregnant from bding on our own. Next cycle I am going to insist on back to back iuis for sure.

Thanks still hot this morning no af symptoms yet so hopefully this is a good thing

I came across this board researching B6 and LP, and I'm so glad to have found it! I conceived my first with a 14 day LP, but that month I noticed EXTREME tenderness the day I O'd (anyone have this?). Like I sat across the arm of a sofa and had to get up. I've always been curious what caused this because it's only happened one other time in my life. Anyway, now, I find my LP is only 11 days (my cycles are 3-4 days shorter than before). So ... I think B6 is called for!

I'm not sure what we have in the US, but I'm going to start with 50 mg B6 and look for a b complex as well. Any other suggestions? What is agnus castus used for, and how do you take it?

Thanks so much to all the knowledgeable ladies on here!

So I found my B50 (or B100, and I'm splitting the pills). They say they're time released, but it looks like they're not coated so they can be split. But I assume it's okay to split them anyway, there should be no danger to getting the whole dose at once regardless, right?

I really hope this works and helps us get a BFP this month! I know 7 people who got pg on their first try this month (one was this morning!), and it has me so discouraged. :cry:

I read about the first 35 pages of this thread and then jumped to the end, so I probably missed this, but I'm wondering if someone can fill me in on what B6 can do for low progesterone. I don't know if I have it, but if I do, and that's causing my short LP, will this increase the progesterone, or lengthen the LP in some other manner? THanks!

I came across this board researching B6 and LP, and I'm so glad to have found it! I conceived my first with a 14 day LP, but that month I noticed EXTREME tenderness the day I O'd (anyone have this?). Like I sat across the arm of a sofa and had to get up. I've always been curious what caused this because it's only happened one other time in my life. Anyway, now, I find my LP is only 11 days (my cycles are 3-4 days shorter than before). So ... I think B6 is called for!

I'm not sure what we have in the US, but I'm going to start with 50 mg B6 and look for a b complex as well. Any other suggestions? What is agnus castus used for, and how do you take it?

Thanks so much to all the knowledgeable ladies on here!

Hi sotiredmama,

Try and get the Complex rather than the B6 alone. I have the B50 - so the B6 is supported by the other B vitamins and it's supposed to be better than the B6 by itself. 11 days isn't too bad, so I would try the B50 one pill a day first. It should be easy to find in the US, I'm in Canada and you can pick it up at the drugstore or Walmart or something.
Maybe one of the others can help more with the AC though :thumbup:

Hi Sotiredmama - glad you found us too. Van kiwi is right. Just stick with the B50 complex. 11 day LP is absolutely fine but no harm in trying to increase.

I think B6 (and possibly 12) are needed for progesterone production and I think egg quality. Although I never understand this as we're born with our eggs.

Agnus castus is for balancing hormones and is good for irregular cycles. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a problem.

Where do you get the tenderness?

Yay, replies! :) It's kind of silly to be so excited to be here, but it feels like there's no one else I can talk to. I have a circle of about 12 good "online" friends, and so far all 7 that have TTC this month got pg, and my 3 good IRL friends are due within the next few months. There are preggos everywhere I look.

I am taking a balanced B100 split in half, so B50. 50 mg B6 and 50 mcg B12, plus some of the rest. I take 1200 mcg of folic acid total (my midwife said it's fine to take up to 4000, actually, but 1000 is the average recommendation).

I realize that 11 is okay, but it may have been as low as 10, and either way isn't really ideal, so hopefully this month will be better. I O late in the month (CD18-19), so I'd like to move it up, if this can do that. In any case, I am glad to feel like I am doing something!

I had the tenderness in my pelvic floor (I noticed when I straddled a couch arm particularly) the month I conceived my child and it was the day I O'd. I have no idea what would cause that and I didn't really think about it again until just now. I did have it a few months ago ... now I feel like I should have been TTC then in case it somehow helped me get pregnant when I did!

I think it works by helping healthy follicle development so the egg releases not too immature, not too mature, and a healthy follicle in turn leads to a healthy corpus luteum, which is what produces progesterone.

I think it works by helping healthy follicle development so the egg releases not too immature, not too mature, and a healthy follicle in turn leads to a healthy corpus luteum, which is what produces progesterone.

Thanks, Daisy! I love your siggy, by the way! Good luck this month!

been snowed under at work and then got a vomiting bug over the weekend so that's why not been on and also means my charting has gone to pot. luckily it's been whilst I've had AF so hoping if continue charting properly for the rest of the cycle will still see the trend. also means it hasn't interfered with dtd :)

joeys3453 we’ll all keep our fingers crossed that the feeling hot is a sign that a bfp in the horizon for you.

Bean66 and daisy: thanks had looked into the clearblue digital for ovulation but seems to be a lot of mixed reviews so thought would give the cheaper opk sticks a go for another month before investing in one. Hopefully this will be my month and I won’t have to :)

Daisy: that’s so frustrating!! Especially if other clinics seem to have different protocols. From what I can see you’re in the states so guessing that you have to pay for any treatment you have-if that’s the case and they have not timed it adequately they should not charge you for this session. Have you thought of changing clinics?

Thanks ddas. While I don't particularly like my doctor, he does get good results, and it's $10 dollars per visit (it's a lot of visits) versus $50 dollars per visit to see someone else. It adds up quickly. I am just going to demand 2 iuis next time, and see how that goes over. Hope you have recovered from your stomach bug.

daisy is it $10 per iui or just for going to the office?

looks like af got me today! :cry:

ok a question for you ladies, i know my temp dropped this morning but don't really have af cramps or anything. My face still fees like it is on fire and actually looks red from being flushed. Also my back hurts like i was doing some strenuous work out and i haven't done really anything due to my ankle still out of commission. I did have a little spotting but nothing anymore. could it be that af is just delayed?:shrug:

It's $10 per office visit under my new plan, and fertility treatments are covered until we reach a 10k lifetime max, which won't last long especially if we have to go the ivf route.

The temp drop plus spotting suggests AF to me (sorry), but I hope I'm wrong. Have you tested?

It's $10 per office visit under my new plan, and fertility treatments are covered until we reach a 10k lifetime max, which won't last long especially if we have to go the ivf route.

The temp drop plus spotting suggests AF to me (sorry), but I hope I'm wrong. Have you tested?

oh wow that is a great plan you are on! i don't remember what ours is. I believe a $500 ded for fertility which doesn't go under regular medical ded.:shrug:

Yes that is what I was thinking about my temp and spotting but then of course the spotting has stopped. I guess I hope i am wrong too. Part of me doesn't want to test because I don't want a neg. I figured if af is coming she should be here soon!:shrug::dohh:

thanks daisy i dont' know what to think with this month. i have been all over the place! How are you feeling since the IUI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->