Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Once a day, every day should be fine, especially if his sperm are normal. I wouldn't recommend going 7+ days in a row necessarily, but 5 -7 days in a row should be OK.

Thanks! My midwife said it takes sperm 3 days to reach full volume again, so she doesn't like us to BD before the "window", but I never asked her about BD'ing days in row. Your Dr thinks DTD a few days in a row (in our case it would be 3 days) is okay, though?

Either way, I hope we've already probably covered our bases. We conceived my toddler having BD'd only once 3 days before O!

Also, Daisy, you're back on Clomid, right? When are you due for IUI?

Bean, I love your overlapping charts! I just use the free version of FF, but that makes me want to pay for the upgrade! I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you this month for that sticky baby bean!

I don't pay anymore. Paid once for 3 months. Overlapping charts stayed though.

Agree with the others re O. Also from my research bding daily up to 7 days is fine and carries benefits. Less number but healthier

I also read that with low soerm counts often the 2nd ejection is better. I'll try and fine the references tomorrow.

Sotired, my scan is on Wednesday, and I expect my iuis will be on Thursday and Friday.

As for frequency, some studies suggest if the man's sperm count is low, sex every other day is best. If it's good, sex every day is ok. Since you don't know about your hubby's, I would in general go with every other day, but once you get your positive opk, I would dtd every day until confirmed temp rise.

As for abstinence leading up, I don't think it's a bad idea to skip two days during the lead up to the fertile period, but I don't think three is necessary. Everything I've read says 48 hours should be enough to replenish sperm count. But who really knows? They just don't know that much about this yet...

And when I read the iui success boards, there are lots of people whose husbands have a better count on the second day.

You girls are so knowledgeable! Thank you! In general, I feel I'm smarter than the average bear about fertility (oh wait, that's an American cartoon, the reference is probably lost on most. Sorry :), but I have SO much to learn from you all. So, DTD tonight as well!

Good luck this week, Daisy! Keep us posted!

My Ovulation Chart this should send you to my chart. it said i ovulated on CD18 until yesterday when i put in a positive OPK. my temps didn't rise this morning though (sat) so i'm hopeful that O might wait another 24 hours or so. Hubby's coming back late Sunday night now instead of monday so if O can hold off just another day we might have a chance to catch the eggy! :) i told him to wake me up when he gets home, he wasn't complaining!! i'm trying to make myself stressed (that delays O doesn't it??!!) haha.

Even if you O'd today, it's still totally possible to get pregnant tomorrow (eggs live 12-48 hrs, with an average of 24). If you O tomorrow, all the better!

Even if you O'd today, it's still totally possible to get pregnant tomorrow (eggs live 12-48 hrs, with an average of 24). If you O tomorrow, all the better!

thanks! there's still hope then :D I had a positive opk today, does that mean I haven't o'd yet or can they stay positive after o?

Either is possible. Most ladies O about 36 hours after start of surge (first positive), some only a few hours after, other 48 hours after. This is regardless of surge length.

I guess I'll try another test tomorrow, then if it's negative I'll know. My temp should rise in the morning if I did though. I usually get a really big thermal jump so it should be obvious! Unless for some reason this cycle is different. Still excited that I'm o'ing early - will be nice to not have to wait another 31 days if I don't get my bfp!

EDIT: took a other opk tonight just to get a better time frame of ovulation. It was negative so must have o'd in the last 8 hours! Hopefully my little egg lasts til hubby gets home! Hubby might be pleased to know we're more likely to have a boy according to the shettles method this way. Lol. We have 2 very girly girls!

Bean, can you help me interpret? FF says I O'd CD18 now (temp jumped again today, CD 21). However, I got + OPKs CD19 and 20. Is it really possible to get a + after O, or did I O yesterday just had a strange small increase in temp the last couple of days?

I just don't like my temps the last few days ... seems like it could be O, but it's a pretty small thermal shift, if so.
My Ovulation Chart

Doh! Never mind, it looks like you answered my question above! So the surge can last after O then (+OPK after O). I guess I probably did O CD18. I hope DTD CD18 was sufficient, then! Now I wish we'd given it a go on CD17. :)

Sotired, you could be a "slow riser" in terms of progesterone production. Keep temping and hopefully the temps will keep going up.

You can't O before your surge but if you got a positive cd18 then very possible that was O day.

Soooooo just spoke to my bro and my SIL is 6 weeks preganant!! For those that don't know, she recently has a failed round IVF after 4 failed IUI's! Can't believe it. Everyone is very nervous. She got to 7 weeks about 2 years ago. Everything crossed peeps! They were worried incase I was upset because it's the same cycle I had my chemical. But that hasn't upset me at all. Always wanted her to get her BFP before me. I'll follow this cycle.

Please cross everything. They do deserve this.

Ahhh that's lovely news bean sounds like they have been through a really tough time and deserve such happy news, hopefully you will become a mummy very soon after becoming an auntie and then have two bundles of joy in all your lives :0)

Thanks for everyone's comments, bean I do feel like I shouldn't worry about the spotting and have been told to not worry about it it's just such a physical sign of disappointment every month it arrives even though there is still a chance, but feel like af could just be round the corner, I rarely test as the couple of tines i have af always seems to arrive the next day or once 10 mins after I tested !!, if I get to tuesday I might but feel like af could come before then as spotting has turned brown but quite a lot of it.

We are thinking of planning a holiday for the end of may/early June so that might take my mind off it for a while hopefully if we get away, should be saving but who knows when I might fall pregnant so still need to live our lives to the fullest and not get dragged down by the while situation

Baby dust to all :0) xxx

Lots of :dust: to your SIL for a sticky one!

Great news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->