Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Yay for your bro & SIL bean! Very exciting news.
Sotiredmama, sounds like we're having the same issue! After my neg opk last night I was sure my temps would go up BUT they didn't?! Does that mean I didn't o?

How are you daisy?

Hi :hi: LL,

If your temps didn't go up, then you probably haven't O'ed quite yet. Or you could be a slow riser. Time will tell. It's also possible to have a few mini-surges of LH before the real deal.

I'm doing OK. Freaked myself out this morning that I o'ed on CD 6 (!) because I was having ovulation type pains yesterday on the left side and my temp went up to typical post O temps this morning. BUT I took my temp 2 hours late. So I'm chalking it up to the time difference and to clomid. I will be sure to take my temp tomorrow morning though just to be sure.

Yeah I bet that freaked you out! I really don't know much about this stuff- are you waiting for IUI now then?

Yeah it's kind of good if I didn't I yet as hubby is home tonight so we'll have a chance this cycle, but at the same time I had all the signs of o (ewcm +opk, cramps etc!) and it's kind of frustrating playing the waiting game again! I'll take another opk this afternoon. Would you keep taking them until you knew for sure you'd o'd?

LLMP - Do you know what your post O temps usually are? I commonly have EWCM and a false surge without Oing. Usually O about 4-7 days after. Very frustrating. If I wasn't temping I'd have no idea I hadn't actually O'd.

Lots of studies have shown that some ladies don't get a shift for a few days post O. Only time will tell.

Hopefully your body is holding off for tote DH's return.

Yes IUI will be late next week, probably Thursday/Friday.

I would keep testing and keep BDing etc., until you get a sustained thermal shift.

Hi ladies:hi:, not been on for a while so just had a quick read back to see how everyone has been doing.

Bean66: sorry to hear it wasn’t a sticky bean but show’s that the little men are clearly hitting the target :spermy:and next time fingers crossed for a sticky bean!
And fingers crossed for your bro and sil-sounds like they had a rough time getting there so here’s to a healthy next 8 months for her.

DaisyQ; glad to hear you are getting the back to back IUI’s you wanted. Sending you positive vibes!

Sotiredmama: there seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence around re how frequently to bd mostly I think because the definitive answer isn’t known. I do think eod method is better though if you don’t know your partners sperm count as you are still doing it enough for there to be a lot of swimmers around but not so much that you are depleting them. With our son we used the eod method and worked. This time taking a bit longer and last month we tried nearly everyday which I def think was the wrong move as did notice (sorry if too much info!!!) that there was a lot less by the end. This month we’re went back to the eod then everyday for a couple of days once I got a positive opk so fingers crossed!!

I’m now 8dpo and the waiting is killing me. Time just seems to be dragging!! Yesterday I felt a bit queasy like I did with m son but then that could be due to the fact I had just done 2 night shifts but here’s hoping!!
Think the vitamin b50 has helped regulate things though as although my temps pre ovulation are all over the place as I was unwell with a bad cold for most of it my post ovulation temps seem quite stable which may I’m putting down to the vits but may just be that I’m getting better at temping. This morning I also had a temp rise which I’m keeping my fingers crossed continues tomorrow as would make my chart a triphasic one which I gather is a good thing and correlates with pregnancy?
Think my chart comes up with my signature if anyone fancies a peak and sending me positive thoughts!

Also thought I’d share the strangest TTC thing I’ve heard to date- peas are bad very very bad if ttc!! Apparently in Tiber they had a diet high in peas and studies found the population has a lower pregnancy rate than normal as they release a hormone which acts as a natural contraceptive. So peas and soya milk which my husband normally drinks had been banned whilst ttc!

Really hope this is our month as I just have a good feeling about a Christmas time due date :xmas6: (although I think I could find good things about everyone but makes me feel better lol). You’d think having to be at deliveries at work all day and considering we only get called if they are worried that the baby will be born in poor condition, would put me off pregnancy/labour but just makes me even more broody!

Thanks ladies, not sure about post - o temps! I usually have a sudden peak though (my 1st dpo temp is up around 98-99 though and it was only 97.58 this morning, same as yesterday. Thinking about it my chart never shows i've o'd until around 3dpo so maybe it just won't show yet.

What's actually involved with IUI? Is it an already fertilised egg? Or do they just put spermies in? Or am I thinking of something of something different altogether?!

with FF the ovulation and cover line don't normally come up till you've had 3 consecutive temps over the cover line. I notice on your chart that you've got quite a few open circles where FF thinks they may not be accurate temps-maybe that's why it's not sure of when you've ovulated?

Thanks ddas, yes you're probably right! :) I did have a few days earlier on in the cycle where I took temps at different times. I was quite stressed for a few days too (when dd2 went to hospital!) so maybe that's influenced it too. Hopefully O will happen soon!

Edit: just looked at the days I had open circles, the 3 recent ones were because I took temps at 7:10am instead of 6:40am. Would it make that much difference?

Hi ladies hope everyone is doing well. I got sunburned. Today it is 76 in north Dakota in march not normal weather and is suppose to be 80 tomorrow. So my temp this morning jumped is that normal?

Ddas, your chart is looking good. It's so hard to predict pregnancy from a chart though, unless you have high temps beyond your typical luteal phase length. I've had triphasic charts that were (obviously) not reflective of a BFP. I think there is a slight correlation with triphasic charts (and implantation) dips, and BFPs, but it's not a sure thing. I keep getting my hopes up every month, based on my luteal phase temperatures, and I am disappointed again and again. :shrug: Sorry to be a downer!! I don't mean to be cynical, I just don't want you to get excited and then disappointed. FX for you.

LLPM, IUI intrauterine insemination. DH gives a sample, which is then processed, or "washed" to select only the live sperm with good motility, and the sperm are concentrated into a small volume and put into a medium, that the doctor then injects through a catheter straight into your uterus. This process bypasses the cervix, which is where many sperm die. The success rate is anywhere from 5-25% or so, depending on a variety of factors. Medicated cycles (clomid or injectable drugs) have a higher success rate than natural IUI. Hope that answers your question, but feel free to ask if you want know more.

Wow thanks for the info, so it's pretty involved then. I imagine it's pricey or can you claim some back? Hope this cycle is the one with your bfp! :)

so i took another opk this afternoon (around the same time i have been taking them), it was -, but it was a darker negative (if that makes sense) than the one from last night (i took it at about 10pm). I've also had creamy CM today which is unusual - i usually dry up quickly. i'm starting to think my body failed to ovulate and is maybe trying again?! i guess time will tell. this cycle has been so different! Lucy

Hi Lucy, creamy cm is typical post O for a lot of ladies. It's really hard to know, given your temps. My advice would be to keep bding every other day and just try to temp at the same time every morning.

Here in the US, the cost of the iui really varies, and sone people have insurance plans the cover it, while other people don't. I think the actual iui itself costs 200-300, if you don't have insurance, and if you are also paying out of pocket for blood work and ultrasounds, it could be very pricy. Luckily I do have a fertility benefit on my insurance plan that will cover the cost of 3 iuis, one IVF, and one FET (frozen embryo transfer). But if none of that results in a pregnancy, then I will be 100% out of pocket.

I guess that would make you Pretty nervous each time knowing how much it costs. It's good you have a few tries though. Is that allowance per year then? Really hope it goes well for you! How long have you been ttc?

I started having ewcm again this arvo we really thinking o was delayed! Lucy

I always get creamy CM post ovulation so think it's quite common as the corpus luteum also produces a certain amount of estrogen.

My temp this morning came down again so guess no triphasic pattern :nope:
hope this doesn't mean it's the start of the downward trend towards AF. although at 9dpo would be a bit early for me. hate this ttc rollercoster. you go from seeing hope in everything to feeling pessimistic within the same day!

Yes I agree ddas, it really is a rollercoaster. In really lucky to have 2 beautiful girls already, but it's still hard all the emotions that come with ttc! I can only imagine how much worse it would be for those without children.
Hopefully it's just a 'blip' for you with the low temp. It's pretty annoying that a dip can mean impending af or potentially implantation! Fx'd!

I think I am going slightly loopy this cycle- even took a hpt this morning at 9dpo!! what was I thinking :dohh:- as my husband said- why was I torturing myself instead of just waiting. thing is I think I can possibly see an extremely faint line like a blink and you'll miss it one or could very easily be my mind playing tricks. so you can all share in my madness i've uploaded the test. actually looking at it I think I really am going crazy :wacko:
need to just chill and wait and see as it's not going to change anything AF will either show or not and need you guys to stop me from being this silly again!

Attachments

• photo.JPG.jpg
    photo.JPG.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 14
and risking you all think I've totally lost it- below is the internet cheapie I used after I though the above test may show a line.

Attachments

• photo.JPG (1).jpg
    photo.JPG (1).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
oh ddas! it's so hard to resist isn't it? i always swear i won't take a test till the day FF tells me, but i always do and then get sad! lol - we're funny creatures!

had a look at your pictures. honestly sorry to say i can't see anything, although i can kind of see where the line would be positive if you get me! i think that happens when you POAS regularly! try and relax for a few days then retest on day 14. with my DD2 i didn't get a positive til 14dpo and even then it was sooooo faint! it's hard to wait it out though. please don't be disheartened just because i can't see a line! others may be able too.

I can maybe make out a line on the FRER. Fxd. How long have you been trying?

Ive been trying since you had your DS. That's a depressing thought, though could be a lot worse. We'll get there. Feel like my body is ready at last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->