Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hello everyone! I am doing pretty good have had a good few days off and enjoyed a few :wine: i let lose and tried to enjoy myself. it has been really warm here and for the next week it is suppose to be lower to upper 90's all week. how is everyone doing?

hi all!
away this wkd at family reunion. we had such a fun time and really enjoyed ourselves but it makes me wonder if there will be a time when i'll bring a child. forever fingers crossed!
EWCM last night and today, opk getting darker. told DH he's got a busy 3-4 days ahead. ;)
joeys - how are you?
llpm - i'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

HWPG :hi: i am doing pretty good keeping my spirits up and enjoying life right now. you? getting close to O day I see!

Hi joeys keep your chin up! :)
I'm not sure if I've O'd yet or not, had some ewcm yesterday but not nearly as much as I would usually get and then nothing today?! I took my temp this morning and it was at 98.14 which is normal for post ovulation temp for me (they aren't usually this high before o) so I'm thinking maybe I did but we're just going to keep bd'ing until I know for sure. I'm going to try and wait til 25th July to test if nothing happens before then. That's the day I got engaged to DH so it's a significant date for us!

good morning!
i had a ? for you guys - i've been temping and i'm getting fairly low numbers, around 96.0-96.5. Is this significant or is it more important to see a trend from low to high numbers after O? my body seems "weird" this go-round - ewcm sunday, pos opk monday morn, but then nothing pretty much. i opk every 12 hours just in case, and usually see at least 2 positives.... oh well. will keep testing for a few more days, and hope the bd on sunday and monday covered our bases. should we go again today (tuesday) or no? i find it ironic that we work so hard at tracking and temping and stuff, and then just when you think you've got it figured out, your body does something different - argh!
hope everyone has a good day :)

Hi hwpg! I wouldn't about low temps before O too much, I think it can be a sign of low progesterone if they stay low after O, so see how they are then. My temps are often below 97 before and usually above 98 after.

Still have no idea if I have o'd yet. Maybe I won't this month? Anyone had any experience with anovulatory cycles??

Hello ladies I am hoping for a little advice.

This is my first month temping and using OPK's and I was surprised to learn that I didn't O until CD 25.

My cycles the last few months have been a bit all over the place as I had an ovarian cyst which has since resolved itself. My longest cycle was 45 days and my shortest was 20 but it seems that my average is 33 days.

As you can see ovulating on day 25 of a 33 day cycle only gives me an LP of 7 or 8 days which is way to low. I am on CD 31 of this cycle and I am 6DPO and my temp dropped yesterday to just above the coverline and has stayed at that same low temp today so I am expecting AF to show soon.

At first when I realised about the short LP I was very worried but I have since learned there are things I can do to hopefully make it better. The main thing it seems that I could try first are the B vitamins. I thought I only had to take B6 but on reading a few pages of this thread I have learned that I should take a B complex vitamin is that right? Also before I learned about my short LP I had already planned to start taking evening primrose oil so are they safe to take together as well as my folic acid?

I am making an appointment on day 21 of my next cycle for blood tests will they confirm my short LP or is there another test for that?

I know its just my first cycle and this could all just be a bit of a glitch and next cycle might be different but at the moment all signs seem to point to this being my problem so any help you can give will be appreciated.

hello everyone!
welcome bbbunny. you should def take the complex instead of b6 alone. i also suggest taking it before bed - it made me nauseous and bedtime dose seemed to help. i'm not sure about the evening primrose but taking b complex with folic acid is fine. dont be surprised by BRIGHT yellow urine; it's normal.
llpm, thanks for the positive words. the only experience i had with anovulatory cycles resulted in reallllly long cycles - somewhere between 40 and 60 days. this lasted about 9 months before my dr put me on a couple cycles of clomid/progesterone. do you test 1/day? i found ewcm can arrive 3 days before pos opk.... maybe your body is still building up. sickness or stress?
not sure what happened to me the other day - false pos opk? took another one last night (neg) and one this morning - positive! hm.... oh well.... bd sunday and monday, skip tuesday, then we'll bd wed and thursday and hope for the best! (as we all do every month). i'd love to hear that it was ok we skipped a day - i'm starting to get panicky that bd every day of the month is necessary... and racking my brain about what else i can possibly do to make this dream a reality. *sigh* feeling frustrated and sad today.

Hi ladies, welcome bbbunny! I agree with hwpg, take the complex but allow a while for it to work - for me it just made me more regular rather than lengthening ny LP!
I'm pretty sure I've ovulated just not sure when exactly, just going with the flow - I'm guessing we'll find out next week sometime :)
I've had a stressful few days, my baby (16months old) has bowed legs which we were told isn't a problem but have been referred to a paediatric orthopedic surgeon - anyway last night we were at a friends house, she is a peadiatric orthopedic physio and asked if she could have a look at Maggie, well she noticed her legs are different lengths which shows she may have undiagnosed hip dysplacia :( it is usually picked up at birth but sometimes goes undiagnosed until later. I'm sick with worry and can't get in to the surgeon for a few weeks, going crazy as I know the later it is treated the harder and more unsuccessful treatment is!! I feel like the worlds worst parent, how could I not notice her legs are different lengths?? If it is that she'll need surgery and an immobilizing cast for up to 3months, my poor little bub! :(

Hi ladies, welcome bbbunny! I agree with hwpg, take the complex but allow a while for it to work - for me it just made me more regular rather than lengthening ny LP!
I'm pretty sure I've ovulated just not sure when exactly, just going with the flow - I'm guessing we'll find out next week sometime :)
I've had a stressful few days, my baby (16months old) has bowed legs which we were told isn't a problem but have been referred to a paediatric orthopedic surgeon - anyway last night we were at a friends house, she is a peadiatric orthopedic physio and asked if she could have a look at Maggie, well she noticed her legs are different lengths which shows she may have undiagnosed hip dysplacia :( it is usually picked up at birth but sometimes goes undiagnosed until later. I'm sick with worry and can't get in to the surgeon for a few weeks, going crazy as I know the later it is treated the harder and more unsuccessful treatment is!! I feel like the worlds worst parent, how could I not notice her legs are different lengths?? If it is that she'll need surgery and an immobilizing cast for up to 3months, my poor little bub! :(

Oh llpm! I'm sorry to hear about your news. Is surgery the only option? Perhaps if it is mild dysphasia, chiropractic might work. And you are NOT a bad mum; I'm sure you're doing the best you can every day and you love your daughter.

Sorry I disappeared.

How is everyone doing?

LLPM - try not to worry. I know it's hard not too. Did you LO start crawling/walking ok? I have seen many children with slight leg length discrepancy and no problem. Did you notice asymmetrical hip creases when she was smaller?

bean! i love your picture! how exciting!

i just had our 5th iui done about 30 min ago! so i am hoping it works. i just not sure what else to do to help make it stick! :shrug:

hi joeys, i hope this time be your turn to get BFP. i will start iui soon too, can i ask you what your problem is. for us it seems everything is fine with me, but dh has low sperm count. i am just trying to know our chance.

finger crossed for you BFP :dust::dust::dust::dust:

hasti2011 neither one of us have a problem. so not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.:dohh: we have gotten checked and did the hsg clear and have done 5 iui's. taking progesterone and a few other things. have taken letrozal and this time clomid. SO i am hoping this will be the lucky one.

joeys and hasit - best of luck to both of you! i understand the heartache and frustration - we all support you and have our fx!!!!!
bean, love the bean :)

thanks joeys and HWPG.
DH sperm count was great a couple of months ago, i don't know if that was just a wrong result or no, but the dr. doesn't think that much tolerance would happen.
do you have any suggestion Joeys which i should no for IUI.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to all of you

you know i am at a loss of words also because they say i am good and dh sperm count is good also. did you do a hsg? did your dr say that you might have a better chance conceiving with doing the iUi?

yes i did HSG about 3 weeks ago and SHG both good, but i have fibroid which is outside of the uterine and all dr.s said that isn't important, also i had pcos which is inactive now and i ovulate on my own, so i think i am not perfect but fine.

actually in our follow up we had 2 sa result one 81 m and the second one was 1m. that was odd and she said he better to repeat it and if that be less than 1.5 we should go for ivf and because she didn't know what was his sperm count exactly we didn't discuss about our chance with IUI in low sperm count case. his next number was 5m which the nurse said is good for iui. he repeated it in another lab and that came back 18m. so i don't know what would be our chance but definitely it depends on dh's sperm count on that day.

I can relate, I try to BD everyday the 2-3 days leading up to and including ovulation (obviously I can't know for sure which day that will be but just putting the signs together and trusting my intuition). But some days one or both of us is simply too zonked! So whether it's everyday or every other day in the few days leading up to O, I have to just let go and trust that we are human and doing our best. There are so many unknown factors... even if we did things "perfectly" there are no guarantees it will happen that month! If only it worked that way...

hello everyone!
welcome bbbunny. you should def take the complex instead of b6 alone. i also suggest taking it before bed - it made me nauseous and bedtime dose seemed to help. i'm not sure about the evening primrose but taking b complex with folic acid is fine. dont be surprised by BRIGHT yellow urine; it's normal.
llpm, thanks for the positive words. the only experience i had with anovulatory cycles resulted in reallllly long cycles - somewhere between 40 and 60 days. this lasted about 9 months before my dr put me on a couple cycles of clomid/progesterone. do you test 1/day? i found ewcm can arrive 3 days before pos opk.... maybe your body is still building up. sickness or stress?
not sure what happened to me the other day - false pos opk? took another one last night (neg) and one this morning - positive! hm.... oh well.... bd sunday and monday, skip tuesday, then we'll bd wed and thursday and hope for the best! (as we all do every month). i'd love to hear that it was ok we skipped a day - i'm starting to get panicky that bd every day of the month is necessary... and racking my brain about what else i can possibly do to make this dream a reality. *sigh* feeling frustrated and sad today.

Oops also meant to reply that in addition to my prenatal, I think I'll start taking a B complex. My luteal phase tends to be 12 days. If B6 can add a day or two to that who knows, maybe it could help...

I think 12 days is ok, right? I think it isn't a "luteal phase defect" unless it's below 10 days or so??

Still, seems like around 14 days would give the body more time to send out those "I am here!" hormones if fertilization has happened, before AF has arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->