Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I know it's frustrating.

Has the witch arrived? Your temp dropped last cycle at 9dpo, this cycle at 10dpo so there is 'some' change. I can't remember, have you tried natural progesterone. I think this helped lengthen my LP the cycle I used it, and it stay longer after.

I know it's hard but it will happen. :hugs:

No hasn't arrived an dont really have any symptoms like I usually do, but can't see how I could be pregnant and have a big drop! Haven't tried the progesterone, maybe I should?! When do you start taking it in your cycle?

Fingers crossed that if the witch does arrive then it won't be today. A 10day LP is considered ok.

I used emirita pro-gest from confirmed ovulation until I was sure I wasn't pregnant so 14dpo. It gave me loads of AF/pregnancy symptoms but something definitely shifted from that cycle onwards. I did also start b complex too but don't think that should have such quick affect.

I really hope your temp shoots back up.

Ok, I just don't know what to think. I guess I expected the vits to do more for me. Is a sudden temp drop a sign of low progesterone then? It seems like its all going well, lovely high temps then suddenly all progesterone leaves my body and I have a significant temp drop. The GP yesterday reminded me they wouldn't intervene til the 12 month mark and I'm not eligible for fertility testing as we already have 2kids, so I'd have to pay for it privately! I don't know whether to go on progesterone cream, go back on the vits, or just leave it and hope for the best! I know we could have some lifestyle changes too, less caffeine, less gluten, more fresh food & exercise etc.
The biggest frustration at the moment is the fact we conceived our girls really easily and we're doing everything 'right' and there's no sign of anything wrong with me but it's just not happening!

Your progesterone seems ok but it seems that your corpus luteum is failing too early.

Try and stay positive, I know it's hard esp when conceiving has always been easy for you.

You could try progesterone for a cycle or look into soya (I don't like the idea of this).

I think exercise can really help too.

Thanks! No sign of AF as yet. I do have major ewcm though?? Is that odd? I've never had that right before AF before!

Not sure about EWCM. I do know lots of ladies get it before their BFP but some get it before AF. Fingers crossed.

Either way looks like you LP has increased by a day so I know it's not the result you wanted but it is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for the positivity, AF arrived this afternoon! :( I was really hopeful for this cycle. Oh well it's one of those things we can't control and just have to be patient. Is progesterone the only treatment to help with the corpus luteum? That sounds more like what's going on as my levels have all been normal! Back to CD1!

EDIT: I should say I am only spotting so far, expecting full blown AF soon!

Boooooooo! Sorry to hear that!

Remember cd1 isnt until full flow.

I took vitex, can't see it doing any harm. I used tincture.

I think the aim with corpus luteum failure is to strengthen O. So some doctors use clomid. You could read up on soya but I'm generally not a fan of phyto oestrogens.

Ok, I did a bit of research about vitex and some websites suggest to use it for "corpus luteum insufficiency" which seems might be my problem. As I said I'm not sure the drs will give me clomid until November (after 12months of ttc!) I'm keen to try anything but don't want to keep changing things around. Maybe I'll go and have a chat with one of the lovely dr's. She did suggest clomid at one point but said she wanted to look further into things first (she was the one who sent me for breast u/s and the progesterone tests!) thanks for your help! I'm sure you're glad this is all behind you! :)

hi ladies how are you doing? i am really sleepy today. we had a bad thunder storm last night the woke me up.:sleep: I go in for my mid cycle u/s so we will see how big the follies are:shrug:

LLPM - I'd forgotten that about vitex. Definitely think it's worth a try. Get the tincture if you can. ideally higher strength. 1:2. I took 30 drops a day in water. You have to be patient. Vitex takes a while to work.

Joeys - SOrry you are sleepy. But fingers crossed from some beautiful follicles.

Bean, thanks for the link! I will have to check it out. I've been away visiting my sick grandpa, but he's doing better now.

LLPM -- I was a little nervous about vitex because it sounds like it's mostly for irregular cycles and mine were regular, but I know some people swear by it. It's supposed to take at least 3 mos to work, though, so don't get discouraged if it takes a while.

AFM -- I'm 13 weeks, feeling pretty OK. Oh, that reminds me, I need to schedule my 20 week ultrasound. Can't wait to see the baby ... for some reason this time I'm pretty nervous about health problems for the baby. No news yet on the new job, but I'm praying it comes through!

Glad your grandpa is better sotiredmama! 13 weeks already - wow! 20 weeks will come round so quickly! I think it's normal to be more worried second time around, I know I was. I think it's because if you were to have a baby with health problems it would turn your little persons world upside down. Does that make sense?!

Yeah I haven't started taking vitex, I'm going to see the GP next Thursday. I'm just going to say that some different people have offered different suggestions and I want a professional opinion before I start taking anything! As you say vitex is good for somethings but could mess up my regular cycles too! I think GP's like being the one to make the decision, as opposed to me waltzing in there and saying I have this problem and I need this medication!
My big girl turns 3 next Friday!! 3!!! I can't believe it!! Thankfully AF will have gone and I won't be feeling crappy! DH and I are going away on a child free weekend too! :) will be nice to just get away and forget everything for a couple of days!!

LLPM, sorry you are feeling frustrated :(
If you don't mind my asking, how old is your youngest?

Some people take longer for their bodies to return to normal following a birth. It took me 13 months to be able to have a successful pregnancy.

Hi lindblum, my youngest is 15 months now. Yeah I thought my hormones were a bit stuffed up, but they seem to have settled, my cycles are much more regular now and I've had all my levels checked and they all came back normal.
I do just need to be patient!

LLPM - I'd forgotten that about vitex. Definitely think it's worth a try. Get the tincture if you can. ideally higher strength. 1:2. I took 30 drops a day in water. You have to be patient. Vitex takes a while to work.

Joeys - SOrry you are sleepy. But fingers crossed from some beautiful follicles.

bean how are you? sorry i wasn't on this weekend i went on friday for the follicle check and they said I only had 1 at 15 so they wanted to wait another day to do the trigger. but the lady that was doing the u/s i don't think she knew what she was doing because she could not find my follicles i knew they were there but she was moving that thing around like i was not a person i was pretty sore when she was done:blush: but we did the trigger on sat night and will do the IUI this morning. so i am hoping we did not ovulate yet hopefully this is better timed or at least works!:dohh:

just got done with the IUI. :sad2: was it painful she had to do it two times :spermy: because there were some extra in there. Plus while i was waiting for her all i wanted to do was cry and still do. :cry:

hd and I decided to another night after the IUI and last night after it seemed to be EWCM so i am hoping that it helped to do that again? also there was a little spotting which normally doesn't happen. plus i got a temp rise this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->