Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

hi ladies! welcome khloeee. bubbles, i just wanted to let you know that they are checking FSH on cd3 for you - and maybe estradiol also. they want to compare to LH and progesterone at cd21. for me, since i ov ~cd16 or cd18, and have a 10-11 day LP, i'll be having my bloods checked about cd23 or cd25, right in the middle of my LP. of course, this cycle i cant tell when i O'd, so that's awesome (not). oh well, going anyways. i am also taking b100 vit complex. fx!!!!!

Can I ask you guys... Did you take a break from TTC whilst waiting to see if B6 increased your cycles? Or did you carry on TTC?

I know that it might take 3 months to see an increase, but I reall don't want to stop TTC. Stupid really, as I don't think I can carry a pregnancy with my cycles as they are.... But maybe just 1 cycle of B6 could help? I know it sounds a bit dramatic, but I don't know how I'll cope with the next few months of we are not TTC... I need to focus ahead rather than back on my losses.

khloeee - i did not take a break. i'm like you; couldn't take a break if i wanted to...

I'm encouraged by all these stories of ladies who have had losses saying it just took one cycle of B vits to achieve a successful pregnancy.

I think we are going to continue trying rather than wait 3 months. I know it's morbid, but if I DO have another MC then finally the GP will test my hormone levels and at least I'll have some sort of medical support as opposed to going it alone as I'm doing now.

Khloeee I defo couldn't take a break!

Sooo I got my blood results bk and GP has noted them to say they are good (she won't see me until I've had my cd3 bloods done n she's compared the results) but I'm confused...I don't know wat all the numbers mean :( can anyone help??

I've seen ppl on here quite there levels but mine seem to be in a different measurement. I'm in the UK and the progesterone level is 62.7 nmol/L - I don't even know what them letters stand for lol The lab has commented that more than 30 nmol/L at cd21 is consistent with ovulation and I O'd late so was only 5dpo so I know result is good but how good?? Arrggggh

Any help welcome xxx

I don't know how good it is, but I do know that the letters mean 'nano moles per liter'. It's just a measurement of concentration. Congrats on the good results!

Can I ask you guys... Did you take a break from TTC whilst waiting to see if B6 increased your cycles? Or did you carry on TTC?

I know that it might take 3 months to see an increase, but I reall don't want to stop TTC. Stupid really, as I don't think I can carry a pregnancy with my cycles as they are.... But maybe just 1 cycle of B6 could help? I know it sounds a bit dramatic, but I don't know how I'll cope with the next few months of we are not TTC... I need to focus ahead rather than back on my losses.

B6 works slightly differently than other antioxidants. Things like Co Q 10 and Green Tea are great for improving the quality of the follicle, but since eggs take 3 month to mature, it takes that long for those two to work. B6 also improves the quality of the follicle, but has a secondary capability of improving liver function. With improved liver function comes increased metabolism of estrogen. As the levels of estrogen slowly drop, progesterone rises. For this reason it works almost immediately on increasing progesterone. Definately keep TTC! I've only been taking it for two weeks, and it has definately created some type of change. I'll know tomorrow if it has helped the bleeding!

So I'm 10 dpo today which means I've only got 5 more days to go before I get AF or BFP but I feel really down and negative :cry:

I had my bloods back yday and they show that I O'd so I am happy about that but all of a sudden I dont feel like its my month :wacko: I've been looking at my past charts and spotting tends to start on 11dpo so maybe thats wat it is!

Really hope I dont spot and get my :bfp: I'm going to try my best not to check my CM or CP as that is normally when i see the spotting and means I'm disappointed before i need to be.....Arrrgggghhhhh I was so optimistic over the last few days!

How is everyone else feeling today? xxx

Bubbles, you never know until AF shows (or you get a BFP). Last month just before I got a BFP I felt convinced that AF was about to arrive and didn't have a feeling I was pregnant at all.

Bubbles - those progesterone levels are great, good strong O. Also spotting from 11dpo is completely normal and shouldn't affect conception. Also I spotted from 7dpo with both my BFP's!

Good luck!

Bubbles - those progesterone levels are great, good strong O. Also spotting from 11dpo is completely normal and shouldn't affect conception. Also I spotted from 7dpo with both my BFP's!

Good luck!

you did? i was panicked that spotting at 10/11 dpo meant no chance for me - thank you! you just cheered me immensely!

I did. Also CM and CP after O are completely unreliable as an indicator of pregnancy so don't check.

I used to know a good website about spotting but I just can't remember the name. I'll try and remember.

Good luck!

Bean, you are blowing my mind. that is encouraging news! i dont think i'm prego BUT it's nice to know that when i read about CM everywhere and i've got nothing, it doesnt put me "out" until (she who shall not be named) arrives. thank you!

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is good. Quick update after my disappointing progesterone results last week.

Got DH SA results back to find he had no motility in any of his 210 million. When we checked again, the date sample was received on report was a Monday but as I took it on a Thursday myself, it had basically sat on a shelf all weekend. No wonder everything was dead! Repeated test yesterday.

Myself, after getting a line on my chart showing ov on CD22, it was taken away today. Given that I am now on CD40, tests have been negative and I feel like AF is on the way it makes some sense. I guess the vit B's didn't help this month but as I didn't start them until almost halfway through my cycle, I'm not surprised. Will see what happens next cycle and try modifying my diet - maybe through the 21 day fertility diet - and add acupuncture to the mix. Can't hurt I guess and hopefully I'll relax and lose a bit of weight for it. Very frustrated I didn't ov so I could see if the vits lengthened my LP xx

Yday wasnt a good day - thanks for the support ladies :) - im feeling much better today! Had a temp spike today, I'm 11dpo and it was .3F higher than any of my temps this month but I know one high temp doesn't mean anything. AF is due Sunday or Monday so not long to go now...if I get to Weds I'll be assuming a BFP! Fingers crossed x

:hugs: to u Kiara - how stupid are the lab to not test a SA straight away! Good luck for the real results and keep us updated...if AF shows up this month I think im sending my OH for one...I'm not worried about him to be honest but it'll be good to rule one more thing out xxx

:hugs: Thanks Bubbles. Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month is your month. And your blood test results sound great!

Yeah we were a little chuffed off with the lab. Didn't help that the erroneous result was given on his birthday and for about 2 hours he felt like his manhood had been snatched from him. Caused a huge row due to his snappiness. Glad it wasn't a true result though. Wished I could say mine was a false result :cry: xxx

Anyone taking Agnus Castus on top of the B complex? My pills just arrived and I'm not sure of the dosage of Agnus Castus to take. Bottle recommends 4 capsules of 400mg per day (1600mg total), but is that best for fertility? Can't find a conclusive answer through Google.

I did. I used the tincture though. I think it probably worked out at 1000mg day.

Thanks that's good to know.

After more googling I'm now getting confused as to whether I should take agnus castus. I've been ovulating pretty regularly at 14 or 15 DPO, it's just my luteal phase which is the issue. Lots of people seem to say that agnus castus only helps with irregular ovulation and NOT luteal phase. So confusing!

ok ladies got a question for you...so after going to the bathroom :blush: and when I wiped there was a big glob of ewcm. so we are not doing the IUI until sat do you think it will be to late?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->