Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Kholee - I'm a big believer in only taking what's needed. I also think we all have a tendency to fix things when actually all that is needed is time. How long is your LP?

Joeys - it depends on you. I found I always got my best EWCM in the 3 data prior to O and watery on O day. Then it'd dry up very quickly. I say bd whenever you have good EWCM. Soerm can live for a good while in it. Good luck!!

I found I always got my best EWCM in the 3 data prior to O and watery on O day. Then it'd dry up very quickly. I say bd whenever you have good EWCM. Soerm can live for a good while in it. Good luck!!

seriously, bean, we are cut from the same cloth! sooo.... when you got your bfp, did you dtd 3 days prior (best ewcm) OR on the day of O? or all those days? last month was SO confusing for me because of all of that - and i had ovulation bleeding also, which i had never had before, and i was panicked about "do i do it when ewcm? or pos opk? or oc bleeding?". agh!

Kholee - I'm a big believer in only taking what's needed. I also think we all have a tendency to fix things when actually all that is needed is time. How long is your LP?

Before this MC it was 8 days, now... who knows?!

I think I might take a small dose (800mg) of agnus castus and see how that pans out this month. It's meant to be good for helping cycles regulate after MC, and I could use a bit of that over the next few weeks!

Another B6 question - sorry, I've been googling like crazy today to give myself something to concentrate on... Are any of you/did any of you take activated B6? I've only just heard of this stuff but apparently it's the best thing to take? I just got the standard holland and barrets B complex and now wondering whether I need to try and find this activated B6 instead?!

Hey HWPG - My chart is still up at the top of my sig. We bd's every other day then twice on +OPK day and once on O day!! Have sperm there and waiting is best, much more likely than trying to hit O day. If you O early in the day and can't bd until the evening you have pretty much missed it. If sperm are there before they have time to 'revive' themselves. I got to know my CP/CM well. I knew roughly from my CM when O was approaching and I knew from my CP when it was O day. My body did like to con me occasionally though and sent me all the signs and then failed to O. Thankfully I learnt to temp so I could spot this.

Generally I'd say O bleeding is too late but no harm in having a go. If you O soon after a +OPK then I'd say try and bd before. For some people +OPK day is perfect. UNless then is major male factor I don't think you can bd too much. One study I read suggested that bding everyday for up to 7 days was fine. The numbers were lower but the mobility and motility were increased, so healthier sperm. Which OPKs so you use? I liked smileys to confirm + but found they were no good at predicting O. With the other type you generally see it start to get a little darker, so prior warning.

We only have a small chance of conceiving when everything is perfect. When we change something we have to remember to give it time. I know it's very easy for me to say this in hindsight.

Have you watched the Great Sperm Race? It really helped me appreciate how difficult it can actually be to conceive.

I think I might take a small dose (800mg) of agnus castus and see how that pans out this month. It's meant to be good for helping cycles regulate after MC, and I could use a bit of that over the next few weeks!

Another B6 question - sorry, I've been googling like crazy today to give myself something to concentrate on... Are any of you/did any of you take activated B6? I've only just heard of this stuff but apparently it's the best thing to take? I just got the standard holland and barrets B complex and now wondering whether I need to try and find this activated B6 instead?!

So sorry about you MC. AC helps regulate hormones so yes it could definitely help post MC.

I've not heard of Activated B6. I did take a good quality B100 Complex though. I think it was Solgar.

Try not to google too much, it'll send you around the bend. I'm speaking from experience. :wacko:

So sorry about you MC. AC helps regulate hormones so yes it could definitely help post MC.

I've not heard of Activated B6. I did take a good quality B100 Complex though. I think it was Solgar.

Try not to google too much, it'll send you around the bend. I'm speaking from experience. :wacko:

Ah, Solgar are a great brand. Do you remember if it was the megasorb b complex you took? That one is 50mg of active B6, but their B-100 complex is not.

And totally know what you mean about the googling, I really need to stop!

It was this one.

I drive my DH mad with my googling and BnB time!

Joeys - it depends on you. I found I always got my best EWCM in the 3 data prior to O and watery on O day. Then it'd dry up very quickly. I say bd whenever you have good EWCM. Soerm can live for a good while in it. Good luck!!

hi bean! well we have been :sex: every other day and did just last night too. then we will tomorrow night since i have to give myself the ovidril shot and we will :sex: when hd gets home from teaching. THen no :sex: till sat night after the IUI. so maybe this is a good thing???:shrug:

:hugs: Thanks Bubbles. Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month is your month. And your blood test results sound great!

Yeah we were a little chuffed off with the lab. Didn't help that the erroneous result was given on his birthday and for about 2 hours he felt like his manhood had been snatched from him. Caused a huge row due to his snappiness. Glad it wasn't a true result though. Wished I could say mine was a false result :cry: xxx

:hugs: to u xxx

Is ur GP going to do ur bloods again next cycle? N have u had CD3 bloods done? Hopefully this is just a one off cycle. My cycles are normally regular and only last about 28-29 days but in May I had a 41 day cycle....I did eventually O but not until CD25 n FF was unsure of that as it could have been CD27....Ive never had a cycle like that before! Just dont lose hope as we can all have strange cycles xxx

Hey everyone :)
I'm 12dpo today and I've not had any spotting :happydance: I normally spot from 11dpo and right now im almost at the end of 12dpo and no sign of it yet! I dont know if the vit B complex has helped (I only started it on CD6 and stopped when O was confirmed) or if this is going to be my month!

TMI - my spotting is normally when I wipe or check CP so for the last couple of months ive not checked CP towards end of cycle as i hate the disappointment. For the last 2 months the spotting has shown up when i wipe after a bowel movement :blush: so it makes me anxious when i have to go! Anyway today I had to go n when i wiped there was a big blob of creamy CM but no blood :happydance: Im hoping this is a good sign as when i check pregnancy charts on FF they always show creamy CM. Im keeping my fingers crossed but trying not to get my hopes up. AF is due on Sunday or Monday so not long to go!

I hope the TMI wasnt too much for u all n I realise that checking when u wipe is not nice....but this is what ive resorted to on my desperate TTC journey. I just really needed to share this as im excited lol

How is everyone else? xxx

That's such good news, Bubbles81! And very encouraging for me to hear that the B6 may have helped after just one cycle. Are you going to hold off testing until AF is due? Even if you are not pregnant, it is great to know that your luteal phase has lengthened those few precious days.

I am crossing everything that the vitamins I've started taking this month will help my LP. There's almost no point in TTC until I see an improvement, as with LP at 7-8 days it will definitely end in yet another MC. It would be AMAZING to see a result in the first month so I can entertain the idea of TTC next cycle.

Saw an acupuncturist yesterday. Would really like to try it but it's too expensive, even just for one session. Still found it very helpful to have a chat with him. He told me some things I hadn't thought about like temping might not be 100% reliable for me if I am getting up to my son in the night.

Hey Khloeee :)
I'm 13dpo today n am going to try my best not to test until AF is due! I'm really excited tho n am hoping that I don't spot at all!
I kinda looked at acupuncture but Im not a fan of needles n figured that I would try the vitamins first. It's good that it was helpful to see him tho n yes with temping u need to take ur temp at the same time each day after having a solid 4 hour sleep. It might be helpful for u to try tho depending on how often often or wat time u get up with ur son xxx

13 DPo is a great LP length. What was your LP before?

Re the sleep, he MOSTLY sleeps through now, so I will still temp, but make sure to put a note on the occasions when I am up during the night.

My LP is between 14-15 days but I normally spot from 11dpo so it's not too bad anyway but the spotting is annoying!
Yes I would defo temp as it is the pattern of ur temps that matter most xx

Back with another question for you B6-takers...

Did you notice sore boobs when you started taking B6? I'm on day 4 of 100mg and breasts are a bit sore today. I NEVER get sore boobs (except in pregnancy) so hoping this is a sign that the B6 is doing something... Just wanted to check if this is a normal symptom of starting B6?

Back with another question for you B6-takers...

Did you notice sore boobs when you started taking B6? I'm on day 4 of 100mg and breasts are a bit sore today. I NEVER get sore boobs (except in pregnancy) so hoping this is a sign that the B6 is doing something... Just wanted to check if this is a normal symptom of starting B6?

I was taking B complex 100 mg and didnt really have any symptoms apart from bright yellow wee and i did seem to get a few spots which is odd for me....I read on here that u shouldnt take B6 on its own which is why I took the complex...Im not sure why tho - I think they said that too much B6 can make u deficient in some other B vits??? Can anyone else answer this? xxx

Oh, forgot to mention, I am taking a b complex (B-100). Boobs are only slightly tender, not much of a problem but definitely noticeable. If it's not a common symptom maybe I should move down to a lower dose.

Hello ladies...just thought I would pop in to give my B complex experience so far. This is my first cycle taking it (B complex 100), and I normally have a 9 day LP. I am currently 12dpo and still waiting for AF! I took it everyday with a One a Day multivitamin and do not take any other supplements or meds, so it has worked amazing for me so far! I keep thinking she is on her way, with some light cramps/bubbly stomach, but she has been a no show. My temps have been below cover for 3 days, so 99% sure I am not pregnant. I also ovulated around 1-2 days earlier this cycle, so, it has moved ovulation up and increase my luteal phase and cycle length.
Good luck ladies ttc and any of you with a short LP, give B complex a try, worked for me first cycle!

Hello ladies...just thought I would pop in to give my B complex experience so far. This is my first cycle taking it (B complex 100), and I normally have a 9 day LP. I am currently 12dpo and still waiting for AF! I took it everyday with a One a Day multivitamin and do not take any other supplements or meds, so it has worked amazing for me so far! I keep thinking she is on her way, with some light cramps/bubbly stomach, but she has been a no show. My temps have been below cover for 3 days, so 99% sure I am not pregnant. I also ovulated around 1-2 days earlier this cycle, so, it has moved ovulation up and increase my luteal phase and cycle length.
Good luck ladies ttc and any of you with a short LP, give B complex a try, worked for me first cycle!

I did notice that my nipples are pretty tender. Very light touch feels like DH is tugging and trying to rip them off, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->