Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Wow that's a great result from the B6! So hoping I'll be able
to say the same in a few weeks time.

RE the boobs, that's kind of it. Nipples are a bit tingly with some acheyness in my general boob area. Guess I'll take the B-100 for a few more days and if it continues maybe go down to the b-50. Thought it might be a good sign that it's starting to address my hormone balance and maybe it all just gets a bit messed up for a few days. But also slightly worried that it means I'm taking too high a dose.

AF just arrived, which is fine, so LP went from 9 to 11 days first cycle. Of course I would have preferred a BFP but I will take the 11 day LP!!

Hi ladies, last cycle I was taking geritol (pill form) folic acid and prime rose oil. Although I didn't achieve my bfp, I noticed I didn't have any spotting before af (usually my sign she's coming) but my lp was only 9 days. Geritol does have b6 n b12 in it but could I also take a dose on top? Any advice please. I have been ttc for soooo long now with no success

Hi ES89 :) I dont know about geritol - what is it? I took vit B complex 100 mg this month....I think u need to be taking at least 50mg to make a difference (from what i have read on here) so it depends how much is in geritol. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful xx

Hey everyone :)
I am 14dpo today and still no sign of AF or spotting :happydance: TMI - Ive 3 bowel movements in the last 3 days (im sure im not normally that regular!) Anyway that normally brings on spotting but still no sign!!! Am excited!

How is everyone else? xxx

Bubbles, that sounds like really promising news. If nothing else, you've extended your LP!

Geritol is a multi vitamin, im gonna c how this cycle goes big no improvement then try b6 next cycle x

Geritol is a multi vitamin, im gonna c how this cycle goes big no improvement then try b6 next cycle x

If it is a multivitamin, it probably has very little B6 in it...I know mine does. If you look on the bottle it should tell you how much of each vitamin is in it, and as bubbles said, it probably wont help LP unless you take 50-100mg B6. I have read anything under 200mg is safe but I definately wouldn't start at that amount. Good luck, and hopefully you wont need it.

Ahhh, just the thread I needed! I started b6 on CD1 of this cycle. My luteal phase has only been 5-6 days long. :(

My actual period was lasting for 2wks, & surprisingly, this cycle after starting the b6, it only lasted 8 days!

I'm on CD28 & no ovulation yet (I generally have a 40 day cycle).. but lots of very fertile signs the past week. I had a major temp dip this morning, so I'm hoping to see a spike in the morning & for that temp to STAY UP! We'll see what happens. I'm hopeful!

Hey everyone!

Quick update: DH SA results were really good, morph up at 10% (which is normal for the lab we used) count is 201 million and motility is 40% which is acceptable with good progression. The overall picture is good.

I am on cd45 and still no ov. Not sure whether I will ov late so keep trying or not bother and wait for a fresh cycle.

How's everyone else getting on?

xxx

Have had a pos OPK again today. Strange thing is I had a big temp dip yesterday and today temps are back to what they have been. Argh! Why is this so complicated!?

Welcome Brightlywound - I've just started using B6 too this cycle. Sounds promising that your period was shorter!

Kiarajade - I'm only just getting the hang of temping, so I don't really understand it all yet. Is the temp dip meant to show when you ovulate, and you've had a positive the day after your temps have indicated ovulation?

I'm CD8 today. Normally ovulate on CD14 or 15 so hoping it happens before the end of the week, but this is the first cycle after my chemical, so this cycle may well be different.

My latest dilemma is whether to use progesterone cream in my LP. I only started agnus castus and B6 this cycle, so the sensible part of me thinks I shouldn't introduce too much at once... and the other part of me wants to try everything possible as soon as possible in case it's the missing link. I really think low progesterone is my main issue, because I am conceiving easily enough, I just can't get them to stick. Progestrone cream may well help, but I'm hestitating because there's the issue of deciding when to stop using it if I do conceive...I don't want to delay an inevitable miscarriage IYKWIM.

Kiarajade - I'm only just getting the hang of temping, so I don't really understand it all yet. Is the temp dip meant to show when you ovulate, and you've had a positive the day after your temps have indicated ovulation?

Hello there! :hugs:

TBH - I'm not really sure about dips. I haven't had them before. I was convinced AF would show when I got the dip, completely surprised at the +OPK and rise today but it only rose back to where it was for the last few weeks. I guess all I can do is watch my temps to see if they go higher and do another test tomorrow, then if it looks promising, repeat my 7DPO blood test

Kiara - Thats great news about DH SA results..congrats! Dont worry about the temp dip...if u had a positive OPK today then u could O today or 2moro n then ur temp will rise! Time to BD just in case!!! Good luck x

Welcome Brightlywound - U must be pleased that AF has shortened...2 wks must have been a nightmare...I absolutely hate AF! Fingers crossed that vit B gives u a better LP as well or even better a BFP :) x

Khloeee - I think u should insist on CD21 bloods before u start taking too many other things. If ur GP wont help then find another one...my GP was happy to do it for me 'just to rule it out' as she knew i was TTC (I've only had 1 MC). She said she would have to do them when i had been TTC for 12 months anyway so was happy to do them now.

Sooo I am 15dpo and still no spotting or AF :happydance: Im pretty sure this is my month but AF could come 2moro so trying not to get my hopes up! (its not working tho n have even been looking at baby stuff :dohh:) Breasts feel fuller and were abit tender this morning and when I ran up the stairs without a bra on last night lol n I had a strong sense of smell last night altho im not quite sure wat it was i could smell hahaa And im now onto 4 bowel movements in 4 days (defo not like me lol) Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed xxx

Bubbles, those are all great signs (and a fab LP length regardless). Are you testing tomorrow?

I'm going to try and persuade my GP for the tests. She is on annual leave at the moment, and the GP I saw instead after the chemical didn't really have a clue when I started waffling about LP and progesterone. My usual GP is more senior at the practice, so we'll see. If she does agree to test, it may well be too late for CD21 this month as I don't think she's back from her holiday until around then.

Just calculated, and CD21 is a Saturday. I'll probably be in a new cycle by the Monday as my cycle is usually only 21-23 days long, so blood tests are probably out this month anyway.

No dont think ill test 2moro...cant face a possible BFN...would rather just see AF! Think I'll test on Tuesday if AF is still not here. GP wanted to taking CD2 or CD3 bloods on Wednesday so am still goin to go to that appointment...if i get a BFP ill make sure she checks HCG and progesterone levels.

CD21 bloods are supposed to be 7dpo so it depends on ur cycle - wont be CD21 for everyone, altho my GP did just say CD21...I was actually 5dpo but the result was still good so didnt make a difference to me. She wanted to do CD2 or 3 bloods so she could compare them n I think they check something else as well but i cant remember what it is (she said these could be done between CD2 and CD5) xxx

Hoping it'll be BFP for you!

I usually O CD14 or 15 so CD21 should be bang on for me (CD22 is usually AF day). Although I wouldn't be surprised if this cycle is a little different after the chemical (it delayed my period/MC by almost 2 weeks). Will definitely get down to the GP when she's back though!

Bubbles - 14dpo ? That's great! Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"