Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks Khloeee Im trying not to get my hopes up :) If AF comes today then I've had a LP of 15 days without any spotting so that can only be a good thing!
I don't really have any symptoms apart from my breast feel fuller n slightly tender sometimes but that could just be due to AF coming...it's not a normal symptom for me but then I suppose it's not a normal month! Anyway if the witch does turn up then I'll have to try again next month xxx

Kiara - Thats great news about DH SA results..congrats! Dont worry about the temp dip...if u had a positive OPK today then u could O today or 2moro n then ur temp will rise! Time to BD just in case!!! Good luck x

Thank you hun :hugs:

This is going to sound a little kooky but I was so worried it might be another false positive, I retested the same sample with another test, tested 4 hours later with fresh, tested this morning with FMU and again lunchtime - all definately positive! The last one had very dark test line compared to control line when I took the stick out. And had another big dip in temp today Chuffed! Will see if temps back it up and repeat bloods on 7DPO.

The only thing different I've done is to take a break from my clexane and add in Omega 3,6 & 9 for the last week.

I'm so excited for you, will be waiting for tomorrow's post to see if you tested but it sounds so positive! xxx

Kiara - it's great news that ur finally gona O this month! Good luck for ur bloods :)

I feel like AF is on its way :( I had a slight bit of pink spotting when I wiped before...I'm soo disappointed with myself for getting my hopes up! I know it's good that I got to 16dpo without spotting but it also means that vit B will have extended my LP to 16 days (todays neatly over so if AF comes it will prob be 2moro) and I O'd a day late this month so in effect my whole cycle has lengthened so I don't know what to do next cycle?!

Any ideas ladies? xxx

With my most recent conception, I had pink spotting at around the same DPO, except I'd already done a test 5 days earlier so I knew I was pregnant and figured it was implantation bleeding. I'd say you still have a good chance, but you will know tomorrow with either AF or a BFP!

Kiara - it's great news that ur finally gona O this month! Good luck for ur bloods :)

I feel like AF is on its way :( I had a slight bit of pink spotting when I wiped before...I'm soo disappointed with myself for getting my hopes up! I know it's good that I got to 16dpo without spotting but it also means that vit B will have extended my LP to 16 days (todays neatly over so if AF comes it will prob be 2moro) and I O'd a day late this month so in effect my whole cycle has lengthened so I don't know what to do next cycle?!

Any ideas ladies? xxx

Ahh Bubbles. Keeping Everything crossed for you. Like others have said, even if AF does show, the vits seem to have done wonders for you this cycle and given you something to work with for next cycle.

But others are also right that you may not be out this cycle hun. People spot or bleed at various points through pregnancy and it can be completely harmless. If AF doesn't show tomorrow, I think you should put yourself out of your misery with a test and if it's negative, distract yourself by figuring out tactics for next cycle. Hopefully it will be a BFP! xxx

It's fair to say my temp jumped higher than ever this morning. If it stays put and is def ovulation, it will be the first time I've ever had a "clear" temp shift. Normally they hover just above coverline. :wohoo:

Hey ladies :)
The :witch: got me :( but on a positive note i didnt spot until 16dpo! The only thing I did different was take the B complex 100mg so it defo stopped the spotting and that was only taking it from CD6 til O was confirmed...was considering taking it every day but am not going to do that now as dont want to increase LP anymore than it already has :wacko:

Was supposed to have bloods done 2moro but am going on Thursday instead as AF didnt come til this afternoon and didnt want bloods done too early (GP said between CD2 - 5).

Kiara - the temp spike looks great...i reckon u O'd yesterday - i hope uve been :sex: lol

How is everyone? xxx

Awe I'm sorry to hear AF arrived Bubbles. But well done for looking at the positive side.

I think I O'd yesterday but nervous ncase my temps go down again or bloods say I didn't O. It's like a 2WW just to find out if I O'd nevermind see if I get a BFP. But def got a good amount of BDing in as soon as OPK became positive. Didn't get much in in few days before that as I was sure I wasn't going to O and to be fair to DH, I drained him during the false positive LOL xxx

I hope this is ur month Kiara! As long as u BD from when u got a positive OPK then uve got a good chance..anything before that is prob too early anyway! I know they say sperm can live for 5 days but I'm sceptical lol I think the best day to BD is the day before O coz then the sperm are in te right place for the egg! Looking bk at my charts that seems to be the only day we miss :( We BD for a couple of days then seem to miss a day as OH hates to schedule it lol n that always turns out to be the peak day...we seem to BD on day of O but am wondering if that's too late. It's hard work all this TTC and trying to figure out temping, charts, symptoms blah blah blah I can't wait to get a BFP and be able to BD when we want n throw my bloody thermometer, OPKs n tampons in the bin hahaaaa

Think I needed to get that off my chest lol xxx

Sorry about AF Bubbles. But you've set yourself up for a great next cycle, so just BD like crazy and you'll know you've given it all you can.

We're having a chilled NTNP month at the moment (because I'm meant to be taking a break after MC), but usually we BD every other day from end of AF, then once a day (or more) in the 5 days before 0. Then a few times after O just in case it was a false positive, hehe. Obviously it's tricky if you don't know when you are going to O, and i've been caught out a few times when I've Oed later than predicted. Definintely agree that the two days before 0 is the magic time.

CD11 for me now, really hoping I see signs that my body is gearing up to ovulation soon. I agree with you Kiara, this is worse than 2WW! Feel like all I've been waiting for is to O ever since I started bleeding with last month's pregnancy.

Oh, and I did order some Emerita progesterone cream in the end. But I didn't realise it ships from the US, so I probably won't get it before next cycle anyway. So I'll see what the B6 does to my cycle this month before deciding if I want to use cream on top next cycle.

Khloeee - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get some signs of O soonI really feel it an be as frustrating if not, more so, than the 2WW. At least once O is confirmed there nothing more you can really do and the decision is out of your hands. This cycle I had a false pos on cd22 but FF didn' take away my ov patten until 13 days later and during this tie a blood test had already shown I hadn't ov. I had another pos OPK sunday and monday so now I get to repeat the same winding myself up again over whether it was true or not. I had a gret temp rise yesterday but today it went back down again - really hoping thats a fallback and it raises again otherwise I don't know what to do from here xx

I would love to BD like crazy but OH won't be impressed lol I know he wants a baby as much as me but I don't think he understands why I'm obsessing over it n he hates all the scheduling BD...for the first couple of days he's fine n then we end up missin one day n that's always the bloody peak day arrgghh I think I'm going to BD a bit later this month do we don't miss any days!

I agree - waiting for O is defo worse than 2ww...ur waiting for O, trying to predict it, planning BD, temping, OPK....n then u don't even know that u O'd until 3 days later n at that point u realise uve missed a crucial day :( At least in the 2ww there is nothing u can do!

I think it's time for us all to get a BFP so we can have a break from all this! N when a do finally have another baby I am NOT going on BC again! I would rather get caught not trying than have to go thru all this again! xxx

OH has agreed to do SA but he admitted that he's worried...I told him not to be - I really don't think it's him..when I came off BCP last year we got a BFP on cycle 2.. I really feel like the MC has changed something for me n I know it's not supposed to but some things are different now...anyone else feel like this?

I really feel like the MC has changed something for me n I know it's not supposed to but some things are different now...anyone else feel like this?

Honestly? I can't say. I know something has changed my cycles, but I wasn't charting before my first MC (we conceived first cycle that we decided TTC no.2) so I still don't really have any idea if my short LP was a problem before then or whether my cycles have gone wonky as a result. Although my gut feeling is that things changed after having my son.

I had my 2 children and then was on BCP for 9 yrs but I'd wanted another baby for about a year before we decided to try....so when I came of BCP I wasn't charting but I did start reading up on things n I did use OPK.

On cycle 1 I felt O pain but LP was only 12 days (I put that down to just coming off BCP) and on cycle 2 I felt O and implantation pains n got a BFP! Ever since MC I spot from 11dpo n LP is 14-15 days except my vit B cycle last month (never spotted before AF, even before BCPs) and I have never felt any O pains since MC (although I defo O as I temp n cd21 bloods said I did) I don't know wat it is but something doesn't feel right :( xx

It's so frustrating not being able to know for sure what caused the changes to our cycles. It does really seem that the vit B has helped you though, so I really hope that you will see more progress (or maybe even a BFP!) in the next few cycles. I didn't go back on BCP after my son in case it messed up my cycles (I knew I wanted to TTC number 2 in the next year or so), and my cycles are messed up anyway! We just can't predict these things, we just have to take the choice that was best for us at the time.

In my case, I never had period pain before pregnancy. They started getting painful once my periods returned after having my son. I had a few months of fainting and hot flashes in the days before my period was due on. Also, my postnatal hair loss did not start until most people's had resolved (6 or 7 months post partum) and it continued falling out at the same rate until he was 19 months old. In light of my short LP, I have linked all things to having high estrogen levels post pregnancy that are decreasing, but at a slow rate (postnatal hair loss is triggered by estrogen levels dropping). Of course, I'm self-diagnosing and possibly clutching at straws, but these symptoms are what makes me think my cycles have been funny ever since I got my period back after pregnancy. I wish I had started charting before we TTC so I could be sure.

Another factor is that I am still breasfeeding. I find people are very quick to blame BF when I say I've been having trouble staying pregnant. But in light of my other symptoms, I really don't feel that it is down to breastfeeding. But at any rate, I have reduced his feeds as much as I feel comfortable with, and the reason I'm taking agnus castus is because it supposedly recudes prolactin (the breastfeeding hormone), so if BF is the issue, a reduction in prolactin should help an increase in progesterone.

Sorry....went off on a little ramble there! This is the only place I can really talk about this stuff, if I went into so much detail with my friends or my OH they'd think I was crazy/wouldn't understand what I'm on about!

I agree - it is frustrating and I also feel like this is the only place i can say exactly wat i want n how i feel. We havent told anyone we are TTC apart from one friend who i dont see very often. OH will think Im mad if i speak to him about everything i say on here...he already knows i come on here n already says that this will send me mad lol

I really think u should get ur bloods done! Lots of ppl get a BFP whilst BF so i dont think that its a problem...it may alter ur cycles but defo should not stop a BFP! I did read about agnus castus but am scared to take anything that may mess up my cycles as they are quite regular and we already dont BD enough so if i cant predict O then it will be another wasted month :( xxx

Yeah BF is not usually a problem, but there are a small minority who find their cycles don't return or find it difficult to get pregnant whilst BFing. There's a chance I could be part of that small minority, but I really doubt that's my problem. Tecnically nothing is stopping me getting a BFP, I've been doing OK on that front... just can't get past 6 weeks.

I've got a doctor's appointment this time next week to go over the results of my blood test (they are testing for thyroid problems and a few other things to indicate kidney and liver function... I did notice that prolactin was on the list actually). I'm going to ask then about getting the 7DPO test.

hi! i have a question for you ladies - this is my second month taking Vit B complexx (100). i went off BC in jan, although i only started opks in may and temping in june. every month has been beautiful: ewcm, 2 weeks later AF. in may and june, ewcm, pos opk, AF (although i felt that 10/11 LP was shorter, hence the VitB). this month, ewcm, NO pos opk, and now i'm cd 30 with no symptoms of anything! i think i may not have ovulated - but what i'm wondering is if the VitB had anything to do with this? is it crazy to have a random anovulatory month? sorry for the long post - i'm just SO frustrated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->