• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Yep, you're right. The day before O is THE most important I reckon. CD17 may well be too late, but if you can persuade your OH, it's just one more day and then you're back to unscheduled BDing for a couple of weeks.

Have also been reading about a study that showed that BDing whenever you have fertile CM days was more effective than timing to day before O, O day, etc.

Kiara, that is really really good news about your LP! What do you think has helped?

I've got crosshairs on my chart now!! (excuse my excitement, it's the first time I've used FF). But the coverline does seem quite high... I'm worried that it means low progesterone, as most charts I see have a much lower coverline. OH is telling me that I'm being stupid, and that I need to wait a few more days because it might rise further. I guess it may only be an issue if it STAYS at that temp and doesn't rise again - a 0.2 difference from the coverline doesn't seem enough to me.

Hi khloee, I just wanted to chime in and let you know the cover line is a) different for each person and b) a representation, not an indication. What I mean is it is for a visual reference of a thermal shift and you're looking for a trend, not a temperature. You may have a smaller thermal shift, or it may rise, or something, but take heart - the actual number is less important than the whole chart picture. Hope that puts your mind at ease a little. :)

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Also, the actual rise from OV to post-OV is a decent 0.4 so that's good (I think!). I'm sure it's fine. Just stressing because I've never charted before.

Hi girls. Well AF seems to be starting with me this afternoon, I'm spotting and think implantation spotting at 12 DPO is a little ambitious I'll try again next month.

I think its definitely the vit b for me. It was my first month using them and my lp increased to a much better length. Will be interesting to see if it increases again next month. The only downside was the delay in ov but considering I wasnt ov regularly and my lp was short, I'm just grateful that it happened and was all within normal ranges. Plus the delay I experienced was more likely to have been the illness or travelling earlier in my cycle or just normal for me as I've had 50+ day cycles before.

Also be interesting to see how the vits affect AF, my spotting is pink as opposed to the dark brown/tar like spotting I usually get so hopefully AF will be lighter and without clots (sorry tmi!). Its usually horrendous. I'd take the vits just for that effect if it helped xx

Well it looks like AF got me and I'm out this month :cry:

Will repeat the process again and too to increase my CM, I never get EWCM until the day or 2 before AF and while we are using Conceive Plus, it would be nice to try and produce my own x

:hugs: to u Kiara...on the plus side at least u found a way to lengthen ur LP which has to be a good thing! Hopefully the next couple of weeks fly by for u do u can get another chance to catch that egg!

I'm on CD13 today so will be trying to catch O from 2moro...these last 2 wks have gone sooo slow...I hate waitin for O! x

Sorry about AF, Kiara. Each cycle with a longer LP means your lining etc is better prepared for conception, so this cycle is not a loss at all, it's just building a great foundation.

Bubbles, I hope the next few days go quickly for you. Time is going sooo much faster now I'm in LP, but I expect it will go slow again in a few days when I start to dread/anticipate the onset of AF at 7-8 DPO (I'm 4 DPO today).

Oh, also... forgot to mention that for the past few days I've had really creamy (almost greasy?! sorry for the TMI) CM. I can't remember having this in the time since I've been monitoring CM. Progesterone is the hormone that causes creamy CM, so I'm taking this as a good sign that taking the B complex this cycle has (hopefully!) helped increased my progesterone. Oh my gosh, if I can get past 9 DPO with no AF I will be a happy girl!

Hey all. I am new here and what made me log on B&B is this forum. I am breastfeeding my 16 months DD and I am trying for #2 but doesn't seem to be easy. My cycle is messed up big time from 26 days to max 50 days :( My last cycle was a 34 day and My Last period was on the 9th of august . I read about the vitamin B-50 complex and the folic acid . I started the folic acid today and waiting to get the B50 complex.

Do u think it would help me ? Plz I need your opinions , I really want to get a baby , I don't want my DD to be alone. Plus I love being a MUM :)

Baby dust to all :)

Hi baby dream,

I am also breastfeeding my toddler (22 months) and TTC number 2. For me, I don't think breastfeeding is the issue, as my prolactin levels came back fine, but I know it can make TTC problematic. When did your periods return after having your daughter?

Do you have a short luteal phase, or are the regularity of your cycles your main concern? B complex is good for a short luteal phase. Agnus castus is meant to be good for regulating longer cycles, but be warned that if you are still breastfeeding a lot, it can cause your supply to reduce - my toddler feeds 2 or 3 times a day and I haven't noticed any supply issues.

Are you charting and / or using OPKs?

--------------------

How is everyone else? It's been a bit quiet the past couple of days. I hope that means you are out and enjoying life.

I've got my 7 DPO bloods booked for tomorrow. Temperature has spiked up today, so my progesterone levels may well come out fine... I really think this is down to the B6.

Hey everyone :)

Welcome Baby Dream - r u doing anything to help u find out if u O and when? (OPK's or temping?)

CD15 for me and OPK's are being dodgy! For some reason I started testing early this month (CD9) and even then they were showing a very faint line...its normally blank to start with. Anyway yesterday and earlier today the line seemed abit darker (no where near a positive tho) and now its gone back to a very faint line! I've been testing 3 times a day for the last couple of days so I defo couldnt of missed it.....I have a feeling its the vit B but it didnt do this last month...I always get a strong positive on OPK altho it did take longer to get dark line last month. Temp shot up today as well but ill have to wait n see if it stays up...i hate waiting :-(

Good luck with ur bloods Khloeee x

Welcome Baby Dream - r u doing anything to help u find out if u O and when? (OPK's or temping?)

CD15 for me and OPK's are being dodgy! For some reason I started testing early this month (CD9) and even then they were showing a very faint line...its normally blank to start with. Anyway yesterday and earlier today the line seemed abit darker (no where near a positive tho) and now its gone back to a very faint line! I've been testing 3 times a day for the last couple of days so I defo couldnt of missed it.....I have a feeling its the vit B but it didnt do this last month...I always get a strong positive on OPK altho it did take longer to get dark line last month. Temp shot up today as well but ill have to wait n see if it stays up...i hate waiting :-(

Good luck with ur bloods Khloeee x

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with b vits interfering with opk results? I can't see how they would, but I have been having this issue the last couple months (since starting b vits). Weird!!

Hey Elt
I defo think its the vit B...ive been using OPK's for about 9 months now and never had a problem before...i'll have to wait n see tho coz it might just be that I havent O'd yet (that still wouldnt explain the line getting abit darker n then fading right back tho!). My OPK strips normally go from a faint line to a dark positive within about 8 hours but last month I think it took 2 days! x

Well, I am glad I am not the only one that seems to be having this happen. I also was using them for about 3-4 months before b vits and allthough I have never been one to get a blazing positives, I got very near positives which I just knew to count as my pos., with having o confirmed with sustained temp rise. Allthough not having the opks to partially rely on make ttc more difficult since they are a huge help in predicting o, I would rather continue to take the b vits since it did help my LP.
This month I am dealing with delayed o possibly because of an injury or b vits, whereas last cycle they moved o up??? The waiting sucks but as long as my LP stays longer than 9 days, I do think the benefits outweigh the annoyances. While the possiblity of sustaining a pregnancy with a 9 day LP is possible, it isn't as likely and reduces my chances drastically. I also noticed a huge increase in fertile cm this cycle so I think I will continue with them for now. I am interested to see if you end up getting your positive, so don't forget to update! I will be stalking...

Yes! I have had the exact same problem with vit B and OPKs. I wasn't sure if I missed my surge or if it never happened?! Usually I have 2 days of blazing positives but this month after starting B6 my OPKs were exactly as you described, bubbles. Looks like I did OV then though, going by my chart.

Hey Kholeee, bubbles81 . Thanks for you replies.

Well actually i never checked my O, i am not using OPK nor temping ..... Do you think I should start??

Kholee it's nice to be in the same boat , breastfeeding and ttc. My period came back when my DD was 8 months.

I don't want to stress out about getting preg, but It's taking over my mind . It seems hard cause i never thought it would take long, as i got pregnant with my first right away.

I hope we all get our BFP soon :)

Hey Kholeee, bubbles81 . Thanks for you replies. :flower:

Well actually i never checked my O, i am not using OPK nor temping ..... Do you think I should start??

Kholee it's nice to be in the same boat , breastfeeding and ttc. My period came back when my DD was 8 months.

I don't want to stress out about getting preg, but It's taking over my mind . It seems hard cause i never thought it would take long, as i got pregnant with my first right away.

I hope we all get our BFP soon :) :happydance:

I finally got a positive OPK today so I don't know what was going in yday! Temp dipped back down as well so I reckon I prob O'd today (I hope so anyway as I'm on CD16 already!) I'll have to see if my temp goes up 2moro n stays up. We BD this morning just in case but we didn't bother yday as OH didn't want to (this happens every month after a couple of days of scheduled BD Arrggghhh)...we always seem to miss the day before O :(

Baby Dream - I think it is defo worthwhile using OPKs or temping just so u can figure out if u are actually ovulating...temping is best x

Hey Bubbles, I really wish this is your month. I will start reading about temping and try to start it next cycle. I am supposed to get my AF on the 12th of september ( I hope she forgets me :) ) .

How can this be fun ? Everytime I try not to stress about it ........ I do.

Tons of Baby Dust to all :)

Baby dream - if you use https://www.fertilityfriend.com for your temp charts, which is a free service, they send you an email each day for a week or so which teaches you all about charting. I found this really useful, this was my first month temping and I had no idea about it all three weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->