• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hope everyone's okay at the moment, it's been very quiet lately!

I'm just waiting for ovulation which isn't due for another week so keeping up the B vitamins and hoping they help a bit this month. Next month I'm planning to increase to 100mg.

yomyoms - how was 50mg/day for your body/Ov day? what was your LP before? i ask becuase i was taking 100mg/day of VitB complex and i think it pushed my Ov day back... you can see on my chart(s). I'm not sure if this is me - am i just irregular? - or a result of the VitB, which DID give me a longer LP (from ~10days to ~15 days).... just something to think about.... before i started on BVits, i didnt see this long of cycles.

I haven't got much to compare with HWPG, as I only had two natural cycles off the pill before starting with 50mg. I'm now on my second cycle with 50mg (4th cycle overall). But, it does look like the B vits brought ov one day forward and increased LP by one day:

Cycle 1: ov 19, LP 8
Cycle 2: ov 19, LP 11
Cycle 3: ov 18, LP 12

Cycle 3 spotting was a bit lighter for the first week as well. In cycle 2 it was VERY heavy for about 9 days, but last month it wasn't quite as bad until 8DPO. So all in all, I think they've been helpful so far.

Which cycles have you taken B vits? Your July cycle was v long compared to June. Your Sept cycle looks best - ov only a few days past the 'ideal' and a nice long LP. I wouldn't mind adding a few days before ov if it meant a good quality ov and long healthy LP.

i started taking vitB in the July cycle - i can never be sure why my Ov was so delayed, but maybe it was due to travel at the beginning of the cycle...??... it appears that you ov later also (like me) so even if the vitamins push your Ov back by a day or 2 (cd20/21) it wouldnt be such a huge shift for you to be alarmed about. i think they have been helpful also so i'm sticking with them! lets hope we both get BFPs!!!! GL to you!

Seems odd about your July ov being so delayed. Perhaps it was the travelling. Have you always had quite irregular cycles?

Pre-pill my cycles were always quite short (24-26 days) but always very regular, so I figure not much effects my ov day.

Yes, definitely fingers crossed for us on the BFP front!! Think I'm a few months off, but hoping I'll get there next year. You had a fab temp jump today and a dip before ov so that all looks v normal :) GL to you too!

i went off bc in jan and had normal cycles... granted, i always marked the start of cycles and ewcm, but i didnt do temps or opks til may... so perhaps not, ha! i have also noticed more ov pain, but again, is that becuase i'm looking for it, or it's actually enhanced? who knows? thanks for checking out my chart; i'm excited because i'm going on vaca next week so at least 1 week of the TWW will be spent on the beach, woohoo!

HI All hope everyone is well. I am on my second month of B vits (50mg of both b12 and b6) Prior to being on the Bvits I had a 28 day cycle and usually OV between day 18-20. I NEVER spot (never have for the last 10 years plus) and NEVER have any pain. I usually have very light AF for ¾ days and nothing else throughout the month…….Here is what has happened both months on the Bvits after OV.
Month 1 – OV day 19, back pain and lower abdominal cramps for 8 days after OV – cycle ended day 33 when AF finally came 5 days late so LP has been increased – however, the first 3 days were just brown spotting effectively and then nothing for the next 4 days, after 7 days into my cycle I had a really really heavy AF with really bright red and heavy flow for about 5 days then spotting throughout the month until OV again which happened on Saturday which was day 21, since Saturday I have had back pain and lower abdominal pains again and started brown spotting again today???? Is this normal on Bvits??? Would you suggest I come off them? I have been taking 50mg of both every day throughout the last 2 cycles.
Has anyone else had any of this as I seem to have lengthed the LP on month 1 (don’t know for month 2 yet as am only due next Monday if cycle is going to be 28 days???
I used to have really regular and non spotting or painful periods but this has really messed it all up?
I appreciate you reading this and look forward to your responses.

Hi Momo,

Been on hols so just seen your post. Sounds very confusing and I would recommend not taking B vits next month and seeing if things go back to normal. Sound weird about your heavy AF on day 7. I would count that first day as CD1, not CD7.

I'm also on 2nd month of 50mg. I got cramps every day after ov last month and spotting every day before AF, but then I had bad spotting anyway so not sure if it's helped or made it worse.

I'm ovulating today/tomorrow so will soon know if it's as bad (although suspect it will be).

Hi ladies just popping in to say hi :)

HWPG - vitB pushed my O bk slightly n extended my LP, therefore giving a longer cycle but I still took them. I didn't take them for long enough to be able to say for sure how good they were but I did get my BFP on month 3 of them n it could well be due to the vits! I hope u get ur BFP real soon! X

Yomyoms - good luck to u too X

Momo - I would recommend that u stop taking the vits as they don't agree with everyone n it seems that they're not good for u. To be honest I thought ppl only took them to help stop the spotting so if u don't normally spot then I would think u don't really need to take them. Good luck X

So at the minute I'm nearly 7 wks preg n really hoping everything is ok! I've got a midwife app on Monday n she will take bloods n if they're ok I will be booking an 8 wk scan! I'm hoping that I can then start to enjoy this experience n not worry so much x

Hi ladies thanks for your responses. I ov last Fri and stopped taking the b vits on wed so am dueaf tomorrow so will wait and see what happens. Won't be taking them this cycle if af does turn up tho. I thought taking the b vits was to lengthen lo, that's why I was taking them as I ov late and have a short lo. So if anyone knows how to bring ov forward and lengthen lo other than b vits I would be grateful of any advice. Good luck with your bd yomyoms :) bubbles, bet you can't wait for your scan....congrats again xxx

Bubbles, how was your midwife appt?

Momo, I hope AF didn't turn up

AFM - 3DPO and spotting has started again, although started on 1DPO last month. Not sure if this is down to B vits or not but not planning to stop taking them! In fact, planning to increase to 100mg next month in the hope that there will be further improvement.

Momo - i took the vitB to stop spotting but it did actually lengthen LP as well so i guess some ppl will take them for that. Sorry i think i read that much about diff vits/supps at some point that i actually forget wat does wat! x

Yomyoms - sorry to hear about the spotting. I think it might be worth trying 100mg as it cant do any harm x

My app went well thanks :) Just routine really... history, bloods, etc but she has managed to get me an early scan! Am really happy about that n hoping it goes ok..app on Weds afternoon x

Thanks again ladies, glad all routine stuff went well Bubbles, not long until your scan!!!! Keep going yomyoms, it will happen for is all!!! I am 11 dpo at the min and af not turned up yet... Going to wait before doing a test yet tho, however she is 2 days late but that could be the vits.. The waitng game is so hard tho isn't it :-( xxx

i hate hate hate the waiting game. i hate 11dpo, 12dpo, get my hopes up!!! dash them down... grrr!!! GL, FX MOMO!

Ok so I couldn't wait any longer and done a test and I have a BFP!!!!! I am 2 days late, 11 days past ov....please tell me this couldn't be a chemical pregnancy???? I am just so shocked I got a bfp that I don't quite believe it???? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->