• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Aww I'm sorry you got a BFN today. Hopefully it's just too early for a positive. I'm taking B vitamins to lengthen LP too (mine has been averaging 8-9 days) I think I'll try and hold off testing for a couple more days. Thanks! My fingers are crossed for everything!

Hi coolstar, Sorry to hear you've been trying for a while now.
I think B vitamins helps improve hormone levels once you've ovulated, but if you're not ovulating at all then I don't know what use it is I'm afraid. I think you need to try something to get ovulation going instead. Do you temp? As I have found that useful to confirm ovulation. Maybe try soy isoflavones (can't spell it though sorry!!)?
If you have been diagnosed as having no ovulation then maybe your doctor will prescibe clomid to get things going? x

Thanks YomsYoms.My doc prescribed me Clomid.1st round 50mg Clomid did not work so he upped my dose to 100mg this cycle.Yes i am charting from last 8 cycles and i always always get a thermal shift which confirms with +opk and fertile cm.My LP is 12 to 13 days so i am very confused :dohh:

Hi coolstar, sorry to hear your story, I hope u get ur BFP soon. Iv never actually had my progesterone levels checked so I have no idea if they are low or not. How do you know if they are low, what symptons do u have? I have heard that b vits are really good at trying to regularise your hormones so hopefully your levels may rise? I am no expert though. Wishing you so much luck. Xx

Goodness, sorry coolstar, I should have read your sig instead of asking silly questions! I think if the temp shift is there and your LP is consistent then you're definitely ovulating, in which case wow yes, you have mega low progesterone!

Will your consultant give you a HCG shot as extra oomph at ovulation, or progesterone suppositories? Def sounds like you need a bit of extra help.... and a doc that believes you ovulate.

I've taken B50 for two months and have seen an improvement in my spotting, but not hugely so. Upping to B100 next cycle so will see then if there's further improvement. I don't think it will ever provide as much help as basic progesterone suppositories/injections would do.

Nola, no problem. I wasn't expecting a positive really. Keep us updated with your progress. I hope the B vits give you a few more days if not a BFP!

Hi coolstar, sorry to hear your story, I hope u get ur BFP soon. Iv never actually had my progesterone levels checked so I have no idea if they are low or not. How do you know if they are low, what symptons do u have? I have heard that b vits are really good at trying to regularise your hormones so hopefully your levels may rise? I am no expert though. Wishing you so much luck. Xx

Thank you so much Baby lover.I don't have any symptoms :shrug:My cycles are pretty regular 24 to 26 days and LP around 12 to 13.According to FF i ov around CD12 to CD13.You can confirm your progesterone level only by blood test.I have started taking B-Complex from this cycle.I just pray it works.Do you have any issues ?

Goodness, sorry coolstar, I should have read your sig instead of asking silly questions! I think if the temp shift is there and your LP is consistent then you're definitely ovulating, in which case wow yes, you have mega low progesterone!

Will your consultant give you a HCG shot as extra oomph at ovulation, or progesterone suppositories? Def sounds like you need a bit of extra help.... and a doc that believes you ovulate.

I've taken B50 for two months and have seen an improvement in my spotting, but not hugely so. Upping to B100 next cycle so will see then if there's further improvement. I don't think it will ever provide as much help as basic progesterone suppositories/injections would do.

YomsYoms:For me everything is so confusing :cry:.Even i thought if you have thermal shift then it means that you ovulate.But then progesterone level less then 5 means you don't ovulate.Everything is so contradictory for me.

Maybe a monitoring cycle (with ultrasounds) is the only way to know? Then they can see the follicle growing etc and die off after ovulation does/doesn't occur.

I hope you get some answers soon! Maybe the Clomid at 100mg with help

The only issues I have coolstar although I have never actually been diagnosed with it is a irregular and quite short luteal phase between 6-11 days. I have recently just had a BFP but it unfortunately ended in a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks. I am soo gutted about it as I had been TTC for about 8 months and then to get my positive to have it cruelly snatched away from me a few weeks later was heartbreaking. Once my bleeding stops I am hoping to TTC again immediately. I asked my doctor whether my short luteal phase would have been a cause of my miscarriage and he assured me it would not be but that seems to be the only answer doctors give these days. Xx

Baby lover:I am so sorry for your loss.Did you check your progesterone level? Short LP is i read for low progesterone.

Maybe a monitoring cycle (with ultrasounds) is the only way to know? Then they can see the follicle growing etc and die off after ovulation does/doesn't occur.

I hope you get some answers soon! Maybe the Clomid at 100mg with help

Thanks YomsYoms.Even i pray that Clomid works.I read that taking b vitamin helps so i have started this cycle.Even if it does not work no harm taking it.Maybe ultrasound is the only way to know.Cant find anyone with the same issue seems i am the only one in the world :wacko:

Just popping in to say I got my BFP this morning!!
Not sure if the B vitamins were the key but I do think they definitely helped lengthen my LP enough to allow this!
Just got my fingers crossed it's a sticky one now!

Lots of baby dust and good luck to you all xxx

Congrats YomYoms that's brilliant! Remind me, was this your first cycle on B6? It does seem to do some amazing things for some people (me included!).

Not sure if the B vitamins were the key but I do think they definitely helped lengthen my LP enough to allow this!

Congrats YomsYoms! That is is exciting! :happydance:

Yomyoms, congratulations! your chart shows you spotted each day before BFP - could you let us know if it was just when you went the bathroom, if it was dark or bright, etc? I know that probably an intimate question - if you don't want to answer it, it's ok.

Khloeee, thank you! It was the second cycle of B50 but this time I took it until about 5DPO, whereas the first time I stopped the day before ov

Thanks Nola :) I hope it's your turn soon

HWPG, No problem, I don't think anything is TMI in TTC. We all just want to learn from each other. So here's the detail... Yes - I had spotting from 3DPO this month. It started off as brown blood and then got worse at 7DPO and was a mixture of dark brown blood, brown flow, red spotting, red flow, clots, and dark brown gunk/sludge. (sorry, that probably *was* TMI!!). So as you can tell, it was pretty bad and I well and truly considered myself out. On 11DPO it got better in the afternoon and then 12DPO there wasn't as much. Usually it gets really bad towards AF but this was getting better! 13DPO there was barely anything and then I tested today, 14DPO
I can't believe it's even possible with the spotting, but I'm so pleased a sperm got through it!!

Congrats YomsYoms.Hope you have a h&h 9 months.

Brilliant news yomyoms congratulations. Sorry I haven't been on for a while but as you know I got my bfp on 13.11. However things took a real bad turn for the worst on 26.11... Basically I ended up having a ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and needed emergency surgery, basically I was half an hour from losing my life according to the surgeon as had that much internal bleeding. Anyway I lost ny left tube but they managed to save my left ovary so still have a chance of conceiving in the future. I just wanted to let you all know that I have told every single.person and surgeon I have spoken too that I was taking the b vits to lengthen ny lp and they have said that would have had nothing to do with the ectopic at all and to go backon them when I am trying to conceive again. Just wanted you all to know that the b vita do help, and I will be monitored more closely and offered chlomid when I want to try again so alla.not lost. Keep taking the b vits ladies and lots of baby dust....I am gonna leave it a few months and let my body recover but will start trying again in about 4 months xxxx

Momo - I'm so sorry to hear ur news :hugs: I hope ur ok n that u will be given all the help u need when u are ready to TTC again. I agree that vitBs help n are defo worth a try for everyone who is TTC x

Hi bubbles81, I have noticed u are currently pregnant, congratulations! Did u manage to conceive with a lpd? Are u taking any medication? I'm curious to know. Thanks in advance and u hope u have a happy and healthy pregnancy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->