Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi lady_bee I have been taking b6 for about 6 months now and I have never experienced ovulation spotting. Although this is not common i know some people do experience it. How long has you been trying to conceive for? I am in my 12 month of TTC now and I am getting very frustrated. I had a
Miscarriage in November, it was heart breaking and soo upsetting. I am on calendar day 13 today and I am hoping for a positive opk soon. Saying that I don't ovulate regularly it can be anyway from 16-27, very annoying! Sending lots of baby dust to you, I hope your dreams come true on 2013!

We've been trying for a few months, not too long yet. I'm sorry you miscarried, that must be very hard. I hope 2013 is the year for you too! Baby dust!

Hi Ladies..faust wondering if someone could answer a question. My LP is usually only 10 or 11 days so I started taking a b-100 complex with B6 and B12 this cycle. I stopped taking it when I O'd. Are you supposed to take it throughout the whole cycle or just until O. Thanks!

Smack, you can do either/or. The vit b is supposed to help with energy and nausea so it's be to take every day. You excrete any excess.

Can you start the B6 anytime? I forgot to get some and may not be able to start taking it until this weekend. I'm on cd 5 or should I wait until next cycle?

Start whenever you get it. I mean, it doesn't help so much after ov ulation, but for example, I don't ov til like cd18-cd20, so starting at cd10 would totally be ok for me.

Hi Ladies.

Came across this thread when I was researching B6. I've been TTC for 2 years now but this is my first month temping.
It highlighted a LP of just 9 days. I've been looking up B complex tabs to take, but the one I've found only had 2.0mg of B6 in it. What is everyone else taking?

Thanks.

i'm taking b-50 complex; it has 50mg b6, 50mcg b12 (and other things like niacin, folic acid, riboflavin, etc). my brand is "nature's way"

Thanks. I found some through Holland and Barrett which have 100mg in it. Ordered me some so they should be here in the next couple of days :)

Mrsc, I started on b complex 100 ( sounds like what you may have ordered) but it lengthened my LP to 15 days or something, which I felt was plenty long, so I switched to the 50. Keep an eye on your LP and if you re finding it long, ou can drop o the 50 and still see results. :) GL.

Yeah, it's the B complex 100. I had already researched that different doses suit different people. I'll take 100mg for the first cycle. If it lengthens my LP too much I'll cut back.

Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated :)

Hi everyone...this question has probably been asked on this thread, but I didn't want to have to read through 587 pages to find it, lol:haha:

My LP is usually 11 days and then spotting on the 12th day. I've read that you should take b complex so that you have the same amount of all of the b vitamins (except folic acid) so that everything can be absorbed better. But all of the vitamins I've found for B-50 complex only have 50mcg in the B12 instead of 50mg like the others. Is this right or should there be some out there with a higher amount of b12 I should look for to take?

That is correct; you need less mg/mcg for b12 to get the benefit. GL! I think b complex is a great supplement.

Hi Ladies, sorry to butt in the middle of all your conversations but frantically posting everywhere trying to get answers! It's been a while since I was on this GREAT thread, about 2 and a half years ago! It got me pregnant back then, and I have a seriously amazing little girl to thank it for. Hoping it can do the same for me again.

Been TTC #2 for 6 months now, had a BFP last month just before AF was due which turned into AF the very next day

I think my problem is that I'm ovulating much later than I was pre-pregnancy at around CD20 (previously CD14) on a 30/31 day cycle and so my womb lining quality is not viable. I got pregnant with #1 on my first cycle with soy and b vits so thought this time round it was a sure bet. Can anyone offer any insight into why my ovulation has moved up so much, and why the soy and b vits do not seem to be working this time?

On my reasoning the B Vits should be setting up a healthy corpus luteum to produce the progesterone for the luteal phase. I no longer breastfeed but I would have thought the soy would give the estrogenic boost needed in the presence of any prolactin. I had a positive OPK on CD17. On CD20 today and still no temp spike, which makes me think I'm out for this cycle again. How could I have had a positive OPK, HSO cervix, but no temp rise yet??

I'm on 50mg B Complex. Soy: 80mg CD3-4, 120mg CD5, 160mg CD6, 200mg CD7

hi roopachoo, welcome back.
my only thoughts on this are symptoms of PCOS possibly. in my experience, i ovulate late also (~cd21) and am on b vits to lengthen my LP (which it seems to be working). i found, for my body, it just needs longer time to make an egg good enough to release. if you note this last cycle, i had pos opks for 2 weeks (cd15-cd29). i stopped testing when i ran out of tests. i have a few bumps in my temp, where it looked like my body wanted to ovulate, but just couldnt quite get there. i finally ovulated on cd56! Two days later i was diagnosed officially with PCOS. my hormones came back high for testosterone, and my fsh:lh ratio was off.
even if you do NOT have PCOS, you could just have hormones that are out of whack - which it seems you seem to be addressing with the vit b and soy. how long ago did you stop BF? and in the big picture, 6 months isnt too long to be trying - not what you want to hear, we all want it right away when we want it! i'm on cycle 7 (as i said though, cd56 ovulation!) and it doesnt make it easier.
GL to you - i think you are doing the right things, stuff that anyone would recommend. ovulating on cd20 is not that bad as long as it is regular. you can totally still get your BFP!

Once the B complex lengthen lp do you continue using it or stop it

you have to keep taking it for the LP lengthening effects

hi roopachoo, welcome back.
my only thoughts on this are symptoms of PCOS possibly. in my experience, i ovulate late also (~cd21) and am on b vits to lengthen my LP (which it seems to be working). i found, for my body, it just needs longer time to make an egg good enough to release. if you note this last cycle, i had pos opks for 2 weeks (cd15-cd29). i stopped testing when i ran out of tests. i have a few bumps in my temp, where it looked like my body wanted to ovulate, but just couldnt quite get there. i finally ovulated on cd56! Two days later i was diagnosed officially with PCOS. my hormones came back high for testosterone, and my fsh:lh ratio was off.
even if you do NOT have PCOS, you could just have hormones that are out of whack - which it seems you seem to be addressing with the vit b and soy. how long ago did you stop BF? and in the big picture, 6 months isnt too long to be trying - not what you want to hear, we all want it right away when we want it! i'm on cycle 7 (as i said though, cd56 ovulation!) and it doesnt make it easier.
GL to you - i think you are doing the right things, stuff that anyone would recommend. ovulating on cd20 is not that bad as long as it is regular. you can totally still get your BFP!

My goodness... Oing on day 56?! Have you been able to bring about ovulation earlier?

My hormones are def out of kilter because of the pregnancy. I only stopped BFing 2 months ago after 18 months, and my periods took a whole year to return after giving birth. I'm worried that I might not be ovulating at all this cycle as my temps are not up. I'm 35 this year so hoping the doctor will let me have the day 3/21 hormone testing as the guidelines now advise women to seek help after 6 months of TTC if over 35, as opposed to 12 months of TTC.

Yes, 6 months is not a long time in the world of TTC. I was reading about secondary infertility today (infertility after pregnacy)... it's just been a bit of a shock as I just assumed conceiving #2 would be easy after #1...

Hi everyone!

Questions about B Complex (50 mg). I have done tons of research about this vitamin to help with lengthening LP, so I started taking it about a week or so ago. My period was due a couple days ago (26 day cycle), but there is still no sign of it and I know I am not preggo (did not BD anywhere near O, and was still using pull out method, AND had BFN on test yesterday). Anyway, I read the B complex is supposed to not only lengthen LP, but also regulate periods, so anyone think that is why my period is still not here? Maybe it is regulating it to a regular 28 day cycle? Thanks so much ladies.

Hey I just saw this thread pop up on new posts and wanted to say that when I was TTC my youngest my LP was 10 days, the month I took vitamin B complex I got pregnant. If you don't get your BFP keep taking vit B because when you stop taking it I think your LP returns to how it was before. Since I had my son my LP has been around 11 days so before we start to TTC again I will start taking it

Christeena it is supposed to regulate periods so in your next cycle you might find they become more regular around 28 days

cristeena, not sure about how the Vit B complex would affect this cycle, as it usually does it's work before ovulation.... but hopefully it's already starting to work and lengthen your cycle by a couple days. i would probably think, though, that you ovulated later than you regularly do, and that is why you havent started yet. but keep taking the Vit B!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->