Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi bubbles81, I have noticed u are currently pregnant, congratulations! Did u manage to conceive with a lpd? Are u taking any medication? I'm curious to know. Thanks in advance and u hope u have a happy and healthy pregnancy! X

Hi Baby lover :)
I didn't really have a problem with the length of my LP it was more to do with my spotting. After I had a MC last year I started to spot from about 11dpo (my LP would be 14-15 days) n I was worried that the spotting was the reason I wasn't getting pregnant again.
I started taking vitB complex 100mg 2 months before my BFP and that seemed to help with the spotting. I took it from cd1 til a few days after O. I think it was the vitB that helped me get my BFP n the fact that I tried my best to relax n not obsess so much about TTC (it was hard to do that lol).
I'm 10 wks now n still worried but I'm hoping I can relax a lot more n start to enjoy my pregnancy after my 12 wk scan :)
Hope u get ur BFP really soon xxx

Hi ladies!
This thread seems to be never ending helping. I have been charting for 6 months and discovered my LP was 9-11. Also I was told to test Progesterone on CD21 which was probably my 3dpo or max 5dpo and progesterone came back 1.3. Not sure how much it would have been on 7dpo. But I do get temp shifts on each cycle. Last cycle I started Vit B6 100 mg and my Lp was 12 days in first cycle and temp were rising smooth. Not sure if I have progesterone deficiency B6 would help with that or not? Am going for IUI this cycle. Wish me luck :)

HI ladies,

Not sure if people still check this thread, but I had a question for all you B6 pros.

I found out this month that I have a short LP (about 9 days). The moment I found out, I started taking B-50 complex. This was on CD19. I am no on CD30 and AF still has not arrived. Do you think B6 takes effect this quickly?

Also - does taking B6 make you get stronger AF symptoms before AF arrives? I've been having AF cramping since 2 days ago (when I expected my AF). I typically don't get AF cramps until after AF arrives..

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Are you charting? Did you definitely ovulate when you thought you did?

I'm not charting but I used opks so if I'm off, I'm only off by a bit.

(ps thanks for responding!)

It's ok, should be asleep really.

How many dpo are you?

Vits/supps don't usually have an affect that quickly.

I'm 10dpo (CD30). My typical cycle is only 28-29days.

Guessing you're 11 dpo?

Either your LP has improved, you don't O when you thought you did or your pregnant. Fingers crossed for the latter!

Have you tested? 11dpo is early to test so is try to wait.

Thanks!
Yes, I actually got really bored tonight and tested with not even a 1hr hold - and clearly a negative! https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=81502

I'm hoping that AF will stay away and i'l either have a longer LP or a BFP!
Did you take B6 when you got your BFP ?
Congrats by the way and you're so close!!!

I may see a faint line but don't get excited.

Yes I was taking B100 for 2 cycles before my sticky. Def think it helped me. I had a chemical the cycle before my BFP. But there was definitley a shift in my cycles.

Either way see it as a positive. If no BFP or AF presume you ovulated late. A couple of times I convinced myself I was pregnant, but my cycle lengths did vary and I used to get a +OPK and not ovulate. Evil body! :)

It'll happen. Fingers crossed you get your BFP on Xmas day!!!

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the test irl is stark white :(
Its my 10th cycle so I'm getting a bit impatient. Hoping this cycle will bring me something good :)

Thanks again!!

It took me 9 cycles. It does happen.

Good luck. Keep me posted.

Will do Bean! No signs of AF yet today. 11dpo and 2days late.. BFN with fmu.

Hi Koj518 I am no expert with b6 but having discovered I had a short luteal phase of between 7-11 days I started taking b6 straight away from calendar day 1 and I got my BFP that month. Unfortunatley the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks but I think the b6 did help. I have started taking b6 again and just had my first period since my miscarriage and my luteal phase was 12 days so I do think the vits help alot, well they have for me anyway. I hope 2013 brings u everything u want and inparticular your sticky bean which we all want sooo much! Good luck to you. Xx

Just to update, my LP ended up being 14days this cycle.. not sure if it was the work of B6 or what!? It's crazy because I only took it for 12days total after I O'ed.

Bean - how are you doing?? :baby:??

Hi all,
I just started taking B6 in a B 100 complex at the beginning of this cycle. My cycles have been very long since they came back after my son... Like 40+ days. And my luteal phase has been on the short side at 8-10 days so I was hoping the B6 would help with that. No idea about the long cycles.

Anyway I had 4 days of spotting from CD 34 which at the time I thought, optimistically, could be implantation bleeding but then I thought maybe I had my O date wrong and I only O'd after the bleeding, because the pain I had on the day the spotting ended was suspiciously like ovulation cramps. I don't know for sure either way but has anyone found that B6 caused ovulation spotting? I have never ever had mid cycle bleeding but B6 is the only new thing in the mix this cycle.

Hi lady_bee I have been taking b6 for about 6 months now and I have never experienced ovulation spotting. Although this is not common i know some people do experience it. How long has you been trying to conceive for? I am in my 12 month of TTC now and I am getting very frustrated. I had a
Miscarriage in November, it was heart breaking and soo upsetting. I am on calendar day 13 today and I am hoping for a positive opk soon. Saying that I don't ovulate regularly it can be anyway from 16-27, very annoying! Sending lots of baby dust to you, I hope your dreams come true on 2013!

Hey ladies, been reading thru this thread a lil....my lp seems to run anywhere between 11-12 days. My last child is 8 yrs old. I have been with my husband over 6 years, ttc for 5 yrs and seriously for about 3 yrs. he has had no children yet and seems to have low motility. My question is now that im charting, and paying attention to my cycles especiallu since im in my thirties, should I be looking at taking b6??? I really wanted a progesterone blood test but my doctor is so convinced im fine since i get pos opk's and regular periods that he wants my hubby to be looked at more than me. I am so very frustrated!!! All advice appreciated. Additional stats, never have had a miscarriage, 4 healthy unplanned uncharted uncomplicated pregnancies, currently 34, hubby 29 no bio children and low motility from SA results. We used preseed this cycle and he is on zinc, maca & vitamin C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->