Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

hi roopachoo, welcome back.
my only thoughts on this are symptoms of PCOS possibly. in my experience, i ovulate late also (~cd21) and am on b vits to lengthen my LP (which it seems to be working). i found, for my body, it just needs longer time to make an egg good enough to release. if you note this last cycle, i had pos opks for 2 weeks (cd15-cd29). i stopped testing when i ran out of tests. i have a few bumps in my temp, where it looked like my body wanted to ovulate, but just couldnt quite get there. i finally ovulated on cd56! Two days later i was diagnosed officially with PCOS. my hormones came back high for testosterone, and my fsh:lh ratio was off.
even if you do NOT have PCOS, you could just have hormones that are out of whack - which it seems you seem to be addressing with the vit b and soy. how long ago did you stop BF? and in the big picture, 6 months isnt too long to be trying - not what you want to hear, we all want it right away when we want it! i'm on cycle 7 (as i said though, cd56 ovulation!) and it doesnt make it easier.
GL to you - i think you are doing the right things, stuff that anyone would recommend. ovulating on cd20 is not that bad as long as it is regular. you can totally still get your BFP!

Well it looks like you were on to something here, my scan yesterday (CD6) showed poly-cystic ovaries. But I seem not to have the other symptoms of PCOS?? I think you need 2 out of the 3 symptoms for a PCOS diagnosis, but all will be clear once I have my blood work back. I've read you can have poly-cystic ovaries without having the syndrome? LP was only 10 days last cycle :cry:

i was officially diagnosed with PCOS based on irregular cycles, elevated FSH:LH ratio and high testosterone, and large ovaries with many follicles. i do not have excessive hair or overweight or insulin resistance (as far as i know). i found that vitamin B complex helped a lot, so stick with it. there are lots of other good homeopathic remedies you can take, you just need to keep asking/doing research. soy really worked well for some women (although not so much for others). Keep asking, keep looking. Good luck!

my LP is 11 to 13 days but I have low progesterone. Would B-50 complex be good for me too?

I got the b complex 50 from gno but it might be the wrong one since it seems to be a mix of a lot of things. Does that sound right?

my LP is 11 to 13 days but I have low progesterone. Would B-50 complex be good for me too?

I just did my bloodwork on my "surge" day, which was I think cd 23, my progesterone was 10.4....been told its normal, but waiting on doc verdict next week...what do you guys think?

I think my LP is 'normal' but on the shorter side (10) and my temps always seem quite low post ovulation. I take pregnacare, so would it still be okay to add to that with a B complex? x

Hi gals, I'm not an expert but here are my answers:
My complex has thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, b6, folic acid, b12, biotin, pantothenic acid, inositol and choline. (ps autocorrect said frolic acid, haha, that would be nice also!)
I believe anything above 10 for a natural ovulation is normal. I don't remember what mine was but around there... Maybe mine was 15 or something (US units).
I beilive it is fine to add the b complex in. It should give you a day or two, and help with both sides of the phases (although it works on the follicular phase to make the luteum phase longer). As far as I ndersatand, you should excrete the extra vitamins. I would ask your dr just to be sure.
GL y'all!

Well now I'm even more concerned. And confused. I was on 10dpo today but now got stupid af, so that makes my lp 9 days. Either I'm ovulating earlier. Or I have a serious defect. My lp is anywhere between 11-13 days, seems different every month. Which is wierd. I'm so upset right now I don't know what to do. I conceived 4 times naturally, no issues, perfectly normal pregnancy, so why now is this happening. Arghhhhhhhhh!

Hello ladies,
Anyone get bfp on an b-100 complex?

Yes, me too on B50 complex. My LP was 9 days and I got my BFP on my first cycle with taking the supplement. Of course, I'll never know for sure but it does seem likely.

We are now TTC #2. Does anyone know if I am safe to take Vit B complex whilst BF? I was slightly alarmed when my expressed milk had the yellow tinge to it so stopped but now I've read that it should be ok. Is this right? Good luck to you all on your TTC journey.

Hi everyone...I started to read this thread from the beginning and intended to read it all but it's very time consuming lol....

Ok so...I have been taking vit b6 40mg daily till ovulation...then when I have ovulated I double the dose to 80mg daily....recommended by a three year long thread that i read some months ago by a nurse who in addition 63 woman fell pregnant with this advice....she did state I should so take b complex too but I have yet to date not started that yet....

Ok so I'm a normal 30 day cycle and I noticed this cycle that I o'd much earlier than usual..normal for me was cd 14-16...this cycle was cd 12!

I am really worried now that my cycle will lengthen and the other thread I referred to did not warm of this....
So I guess my question is....is my vit b6 dose ok and my cycle will remain ok...?

Thankyou for your time petals :)

:) :) :) xxx

If you o'ed earlier it might mean you have a slightly shorter cycle as if you o on CD12 you won't have an 18 day LP!

If you o'ed earlier it might mean you have a slightly shorter cycle as if you o on CD12 you won't have an 18 day LP!

Oh that's good news...thankyou so much....I can breath again lol....
I worried as I know that a longer lp is good but too long is bad....
I originally started taking vit b6 for increasing progesterone so bean would stick this time ....didn't realise it could actually play with your cycle...fx for everybody on here and praying for your bfp's...:flower:

Hi ladies I found this on vit b6....
It's very long and it's not mine...but I hope it helps...

• 1 x vit B6 10 mg – helps produce progesterone – the pregnancy hormone (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy). Some people get pregnant, but do not produce enough progesterone, so the pregnancy does not continue. So this could be a vital supplement for some ladies. I believe it helped my Gestone (progesterone injections) work better in my body, by helping my body to 'put' the Gestone where it was needed! B6 also strengthens the immune system. Taking supplements such as vitamin B6, zinc and magnesium can help to reduce the risk of miscarriage since these nutrients are all required to help the pituitary and ovaries produce the high levels of oestrogen and progesterone needed to secure the pregnancy until the placenta can take over. (Especially in 2WW).

B6 deficiency can lead to a buildup of estrogen in your system causing decreased progesterone production. A proper balance of estrogen and progesterone is essential for conception to occur. Too low a level of progesterone can lead to miscarriage and luteal phase defects (where the time from ovulation to menstruation is shorter than 10 days).

B6 effectively reduces blood estrogen and increases progesterone in the body making you much more conducive to getting pregnant.

B6 can help reduce and prevent the symptoms of morning sickness - even severe morning sickness...
https://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/morning-sickness-cure.html

Vitamin B6 can also improve mucus quality. Sperm needs a viable mucus consistency travel through the cervix to get to the egg, and the better quality fertile mucus you have, the easier it is for sperm and egg to meet and hopefully make a baby.

B6 works best when taken with the other B group vitamins as it absorbs better this way. Just 50 mg is usually enough to make positive changes, although if you don’t notice a difference in your luteal phase within two to three months, try increasing the dosage. 100-200 mg is usually recommended by care/health professionals (SHORT term), but.... You need to balance your/any intake of B6 with B12 - it's important to remember this. B6 can disguise a B12 deficiency/anemia, so make sure you are getting BOTH. B6 can cause (reversible) nerve damage if taken excessively, so PLEASE try to take no more than 50 mgs per day (if taking LONG term), just to be on the safe side! (500 mgs is great during 2WW and if you get a positive, I should think you could take this until week 12 and then taper down, to a more sensible limit, like 100 mg, 50 mg or 10 mg...)

Just to clarify, you can take B6 up to 500 mgs to help produce progesterone in the 2WW, but it's meant to be a short term thing, because B6 can cause nerve damage, which is apparently reversible. If you are going to increase your B6 from 50/100 mgs per day, make sure firstly, that you are supplementing with some B12 (to avoid B12 anemia/deficiency) and secondly, that the increase is only for the SHORT term! For example, you wouldn't be on 500 mgs for months on end, just every so often, for example, with your treatment cycle.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou...G=Google+Search&meta=lr=&aq=0&oq=B6+progester

Above link is a simple search on google for B6 and progesterone. It is not true to say that there is nothing that can be done to increase progesterone production in your body - that is what I thought only a few months ago.

FROM A VERY WELL EDUCATED WOMAN.....I.E 63 women fell pregnant following her vitamin advice....

Hope this helped...:) :) :) xxx

How long was your LP before?

Hiya vankiwi....:)
I am a 30/31 day cycle....never had an issue with being late ...everything appears to be ok...just wanted t o boost progesterone to help bfp stick if I get it...fx.

Oh ok, I only used it to lengthen my LP, will be interesting to see what happens with your cycle this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->