Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Yep, Merry is right.. I wavered from super optimisitic to certain I was out and still ended up with a BFP. Your body temp does rise when pregnant so it can case night sweats (though I sleep so soundly I wouldn't know if I was sweating :haha:)

I think both your charts are still looking great. Merry, your can turn around and go up in a second.. or even look at mine.. it went down and stayed down for days and everything was just fine! Hovering at your coverline CAN be a sign of low progesterone, but you're already here because you were worried about that. Staying above it is still good though and hovering at/near your coverline does not always mean there is low progesterone, so its worth getting bloodwork if you're intersted, but dont' assume anything just based on the temps.

hi ladies
Agree with u all - this is a very up and down journey! I never imagined how many emotions could be covered in one day!!
Well I'm day 14 and got my peak on cbfm (a couple days later than usual) not sure if this is a good thing?? hopefully the AC and vits are doing something! and that if i dont get my BFP this month then i at least get a big glorious heavy 5 day AF instead of my pathetic excuse for one! Stopped taking EPO but am gonna keep on the AC and Vits - what do u guys reckon bout AC in 2ww?? heard mixed views on it. Also booked in for my repeat 21 day progesterone next Friday - fingers crossed it'll show some improvement

Well Lisaf has your good news sunk in yet? I cant begin to imagine wot i'll feel wen i eventually get a BFP!
Tinks before i got cbfm i used to use OPK's from day 8 on just internet cheapies (not always with great success though)

I've heard mixed things about AC in the 2ww too.... My acupuncturist usually recommends stopping once you ovulate, but we talked about how I need to support my corpus luteum so we decided to take it up until 7dpo. The only possible harm is if you get pregnant and are on it.. lots of girls take it up until a BFP and everything is fine.
Can't wait to hear your bloodwork results!!!

And no, it hasn't sunk in yet... I feel like my brain is still in TTC mode...! I'm happy, I believe its true, but it just hasn't sunk in all the way yet! I also feel SO sad for everyone who isn't getting their BFPs this month and wish everyone else could join me and we could all just jump around and scream with excitement!

Tinks - I used OPKs from day 11 or 12 onward... I never got a positive before day 13 but always started before just to be safe. You may have to find the right brand for you.. no one brand is better than the rest, its all about finding a good fit (the threshhold for a spike has to fit what your body does). It took me 3 brands to find a good fit, and funny enough, it was the cheap internet ones that worked the best for me... I just ordered in bulk... I would get 25 OPKs (so I could test 2x a day because I'm obbsessive like that) and 20 HPTs or so.. and spend the same as I would for a 7-pack of OPKs from the store. I just ordered them when AF arrived and always got them in time for testing.

I've heard mixed things about AC in the 2ww too.... My acupuncturist usually recommends stopping once you ovulate, but we talked about how I need to support my corpus luteum so we decided to take it up until 7dpo. The only possible harm is if you get pregnant and are on it.. lots of girls take it up until a BFP and everything is fine.

And no, it hasn't sunk in yet... I feel like my brain is still in TTC mode...! I'm happy, I believe its true, but it just hasn't sunk in all the way yet! I also feel SO sad for everyone who isn't getting their BFPs this month and wish everyone else could join me and we could all just jump around and scream with excitement!

Tinks - I used OPKs from day 11 or 12 onward... I never got a positive before day 13 but always started before just to be safe. You may have to find the right brand for you.. no one brand is better than the rest, its all about finding a good fit (the threshhold for a spike has to fit what your body does). It took me 3 brands to find a good fit, and funny enough, it was the cheap internet ones that worked the best for me... I just ordered in bulk... I would get 25 OPKs (so I could test 2x a day because I'm obbsessive like that) and 20 HPTs or so.. and spend the same as I would for a 7-pack of OPKs from the store. I just ordered them when AF arrived and always got them in time for testing.

Hi girls, I personally took the AC up until my BFP with my daughter and she is just fine!! I think as long as you stop straight away it will be ok.

Thanks for the advice on the OPKs Lisaf :winkwink: - I will be trying the Tesco ones this month and see how I get on . I have also heard good things about the internet cheapies so will try them next month - fxed though I may not need to :pink:

Lisaf - I bet you are still on a high from your :bfp: - I remember when I found out with my daughter I could not stop smiling for months!!! :happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin:

Hi girls, I personally took the AC up until my BFP with my daughter and she is just fine!! I think as long as you stop straight away it will be ok.

Thanks for the advice on the OPKs Lisaf :winkwink: - I will be trying the Tesco ones this month and see how I get on . I have also heard good things about the internet cheapies so will try them next month - fxed though I may not need to :pink:

Lisaf - I bet you are still on a high from your :bfp: - I remember when I found out with my daughter I could not stop smiling for months!!! :happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin:
Well of course everytime I get a little too happy, the gas/bloating/constipation kicks in and makes me feel :sick:

Hi ladies,

I just joined this forum today as my husband and I are having difficulty conceiving our second child. This month was the first month I charted my BBT and it seems that my luteal phase is only 9/10 days. I did a bit of research online and discovered using the B-6 vitamin and progesterone cream were recommended. I am currently taking 100mg of B-6 per day. Technically this cycle isn't over yet, but I began spotting today which is always the first clue to me that AF is right around the corner.

Has anyone here used progesterone cream? I do have a few questions about it but mostly am just looking for some support. I have not contacted my Dr as I do not want medical intervention. However, I am more than willing to try natural remedies.

Congrats lisaf! I bet those pregnancy symptoms are wonderful!

Thanks robin.. took me 11+ months of TTC to get here, and I keep laughing becase I expected the symptoms to just be MORE than this after all my imagined symptoms on prior cycles :haha:

Where are you located? (it helps some a bit to know - you can add it to your basic profile info if you want ... lots of UK girls on here so its often quiet at this time of day, then super busy when I'm sleeping or early morning). It also helps because progesterone levels are measured differently in the UK... in the US a 10 or above is normal..in the UK they like to see a 30 or above.. same amount, just a different unit of measure.

I have read up on the cream and considered it since my GYN wouldn't put me on prescription progesterone until I got my BFP (big fat positive). I was too scared to try it because of the risks of skin issues if you use it on the same area each day (they say to do arms one day, legs the next etc). The effect seems to be super mild, which had me worried that it wouldn't be enough. I wanted something that would stop my period from coming.

I hear secondary infertility (had 1 child easily) is actually more common than primary infertility.
I can understand not wanting medical intervention... it scared me, and its a totally personal choice.
I was also doing acupuncture which helped with the stress SOOO much. I like to say it was like acupuncture and therapy with the bonus of a foot rub! :haha:
I tried Vitex (aka Agnus Castus, aka Chaste Berry) for a few cycles when I was on a break from the clomid. It seems to help some women and can help progesterone. You can take it with the vitamins and the progesterone cream too.

Feel free to ask any questions! All the girls here are super helpful!

Thanks for the info. I totally relate to the imagined symptoms! I have myself convinced almost every month I'm pregnant. Right before I found out I was pregnant with my first, I had myself convinced I wasn't!

I'm in the US. I have been reading more and more about secondary infertility. I had always figured since I had my daughter so easily, this time around wouldn't be any different. Especially since none of these problems run in my family. I will be starting my 10th month of trying in a day or so, so not too long by any means but long enough to start becoming discouraged.

I have read about acupuncture helping. Is this something that insurance covers? If not, does anyone know what the approximate cost is? Stress is a biggy in my life right now. My dad had a major heart attack 4 months ago and my mom is going to be undergoing major back surgery in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention my husband being unemployed for practically the last 2 years!

I'm a bit nervous about the chaste berry. I have read some good things but also some bad things about this herb. Perhaps in a few months, if nothing else is working, as a last resort. I hope I don't have to go there!

Thanks for the info. I totally relate to the imagined symptoms! I have myself convinced almost every month I'm pregnant. Right before I found out I was pregnant with my first, I had myself convinced I wasn't!

I'm in the US. I have been reading more and more about secondary infertility. I had always figured since I had my daughter so easily, this time around wouldn't be any different. Especially since none of these problems run in my family. I will be starting my 10th month of trying in a day or so, so not too long by any means but long enough to start becoming discouraged.

I have read about acupuncture helping. Is this something that insurance covers? If not, does anyone know what the approximate cost is? Stress is a biggy in my life right now. My dad had a major heart attack 4 months ago and my mom is going to be undergoing major back surgery in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention my husband being unemployed for practically the last 2 years!

I'm a bit nervous about the chaste berry. I have read some good things but also some bad things about this herb. Perhaps in a few months, if nothing else is working, as a last resort. I hope I don't have to go there!

The only time I heard Chaste Berry does bad things, is if nothing was wrong with your cycle to being with :shrug: but it is your call.
That is a lot of stress!
Insurance usually covers part of it (though not under the diagnosis of 'infertility'). Mine cost $85 per session, insurance will reimburse me $20... I need to file the claims still, been a little lazy on it and am not 100% sure they're going to approve it :dohh:
My acupuncturist was willing to bill it under any diagnosis, lol.

Omg omg omg Merry!!!!!!!! Logged on just to check you test result!! We're all bump buddies! CONGRATULTIONS! I'm so pleased for you :)

Ok guys this thread must be lucky, it WILL happen for all!
Anyway love from Paris, chat again on Monday. Xxx

Wow, cograts Merry!

Not so lucky for me. Af got me. On the positive side I got a whole xtra day & no spotting. Also get to have my bloods, my pelvic ultra sound & lap & dye done so at least I'll get some answers!

Good luck to you all!

Omg omg omg Merry!!!!!!!! Logged on just to check you test result!! We're all bump buddies! CONGRATULTIONS! I'm so pleased for you :)

Ok guys this thread must be lucky, it WILL happen for all!
Anyway love from Paris, chat again on Monday. Xxx

I knowOMG!!!:dance: I did my test this morning and got two lines!!!!!!
One a little fainter than the other but two lines!!! So excited, can't believe it. 11 months of trying and I got there :) :)

I think the number of BFP shows that august is a good month for conception and that b vit complexs do some good for most people. I so thought it was going to happen due to the timing and DH sperm test. I think in shock. :)

as for the vitex, chasteberry question, it worked for me!! Didn't ovulate for months, took it and then ovulated and got a bfp. I stopped taking itafter ovulation though.

Crissie- Enjoy Paris!!!!!

Wow, cograts Merry!

Not so lucky for me. Af got me. On the positive side I got a whole xtra day & no spotting. Also get to have my bloods, my pelvic ultra sound & lap & dye done so at least I'll get some answers!

Good luck to you all!

So sorry the witch got you, great news on the extra day and no spotting. The tests will also show what's going on and will hopefully put your mind at ease. I know that doesn't help much but I will remember you in my prayers. How long have you been trying?

:hugs:

Thanks Hun! We've been ttc for 19 months now. I've already had the blood tests & ultra sound but my gp forgot to mention that I have to have them all done at certain times in my cycle! So there was me thinking nothing is wrong cos he told me my results are fine. OH also had SA & again gp told us results are fine. We've been referred & FS told us my results are meaningless & OH SA is borderline! I was so upset after our first appointment as felt like we'd taken a massive step backwards.

On the positive side things are moving pretty quickly. If nothing comes of it we're going to go private at beginning of nxt yr as I've heard the Surrey PCT has a 2 yr waiting list!

Anyway, enough of my woes! I am so happy for u, must have been an amazing surprise for you this morning. All the good news on here gives me inspiration & hope!

Sorry about your docs mix ups, that must be heartbreaking! I was really upset when I found out about DH sperm tests being out of the normal range. The ladies on here though really helpedme through it:)

I'm in Surrey, I have heard through the grape vine that the private fertility clinic in Guildford is well respected. 2 years seems a crazy long time to wait! I have an appoinment at an infertility clinic next month, not going to cancel it just yet as want to make sure the bfp takes. FX it does.

The best of luck to you :hugs:

It was heart breaking, but in a way I want my results to reveal something so that I know why I can't conceive & they can hopefully offer me a solution. I'm hoping it's not just OH swimmers as there's not so much they can do about male infertility. My OH has made some lifestyle changes as he was totally gutted about his results so hopefully things will improve for him.

I'm going to start looking into private clinicss. I've been told to choose one close by as there us a lot of to-ing and froing & u don't want the added stress of travel. I'm in Lingfield so will have a look to see how easy it is to get to Guildford.

I'm sure u won't need ur appointment. What a fantastic start to ur weekend. U, Lisaf & Chrissie are proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No more dwelling on me, let's celebrate ur BFP. It's ur time to shine & u deserve it after all the emotional & physical effort u've put in to get there!

:happydance::happydance::yipee:

omg Merry!!! Congratulations on your :bfp:

So pleased for you!! There has been 2 bfps on this thread since I have joined! Ladies this is definitely a lucky thread! these b vits are awesome!!:happydance::happydance:
:crib::crib::crib:

Thanks Hun! We've been ttc for 19 months now. I've already had the blood tests & ultra sound but my gp forgot to mention that I have to have them all done at certain times in my cycle! So there was me thinking nothing is wrong cos he told me my results are fine. OH also had SA & again gp told us results are fine. We've been referred & FS told us my results are meaningless & OH SA is borderline! I was so upset after our first appointment as felt like we'd taken a massive step backwards.

On the positive side things are moving pretty quickly. If nothing comes of it we're going to go private at beginning of nxt yr as I've heard the Surrey PCT has a 2 yr waiting list!

Anyway, enough of my woes! I am so happy for u, must have been an amazing surprise for you this morning. All the good news on here gives me inspiration & hope!

Hi hun, so sorry the :witch: got you this month. I know the feeling with the GP, I felt like it was such a long process and my GP wasnt even prepared to refer us until we had been trying for over a year (then the waiting list was massive!).

Hopefully now things are moving for you, you will be able to get some answers. We are all aware how horrible it is when the witch appears:cry: I hope the results on here show that it is possible - never say never!!

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->