Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I'm also going to stop with the B-6 when I get my BFP. I don't think they would do any harm, but I would rather keep pill taking to the bare minimum. As for the prenatal vitamins, I started taking those when I started TTC as I was told the Folic Acid can take up to 3 months to build up in the system.

Today is the official start of CD1 for me! I had 2 days of spotting this month, which is pretty typical for me. I'm hoping the B-6 will help with that. I never used to spot before the start of my cycle. I would get some cramping the day before and then the next morning I would have AF.

Day 32 - still no AF and my chart looks absolutely crazy - I don't trust it :shrug: What do you guys think?

Hi Amaii and welcome :hi:

Ive had a look and cant find anything that says B vits are dangerous for pregnant women, however I think it would be best to stop with such a high dose when you get a +test - take a look at this article - .

Thank you! I will stop taking them as soon as I get a BFP! :) then I'll probably buy som vitamins for pregnant women. Just hope it happens in a few days... (However, as soon as I think I might be pregnant and mention it on a message board or such I get my period so... i guess I'll have my period in a few hours. :winkwink:)

I would start with the prenatal vits now Amaii as like Robin says it can take a while to build up in your system , they will help prepare your body for pregnancy - I take the Sanatogen ones with Omega3.
Are you due af now then? this could be your month :winkwink::dust:

Robin - I think the spotting may be due to low progesterone, I find af has less spotting when Im taking the vits and is heavier and lasts longer. I put it down to the increase in progesterone.

Thanks guys. Feeling better today, af didn't get me properly until today so my lp has increased by 2 days! I was a bit teary yesterday but I've been focusing on the positives. Also had a couple of large glasses of red wine which has helped :wine:

Day 32 - still no AF and my chart looks absolutely crazy - I don't trust it :shrug: What do you guys think?

Sorry hun, I have only just started charting so cant really help with this one:nope:

Lisaf and the other girls should be able to give you more info. As far as I know what you are looking for is to see a shift of at least .4 degrees Fahrenheit after ovulation making your chart biphasic (showing low temperatures before ovulation in the follicular phase, and higher ones after ovulation in the luteal phase)

Sorry I cant help more, Im only just starting to understand temping myself!!:blush::haha:

hey just a quick note my LP used to be quite short, i started taking vitamin B complex from boots and the next month I got my bfp :) good luck girls

I would start with the prenatal vits now Amaii as like Robin says it can take a while to build up in your system , they will help prepare your body for pregnancy - I take the Sanatogen ones with Omega3.

Well, AF should have been yesterday if it is a normal cycle. And even though I've been spotting for several days it's been much less than usual and there was 2 days without any spotting at all a couple of days ago. Very strange. I also tend to spot more towards evening, it's barely nothing before that. I'm all confused.

Right now I'm thinking the antibiotics and the fact that I took B6 until a week and a half ago has lenghtened my luteal phase. If AF hasn't come on Wednesday I will get a pregnancy test though. :)

There's folic acid in the B6 vits I've been taking. 100µg. Should it be more? I have some folic acid tablet of 500 micrograms. Should I be taking those too?

Thanks guys. Feeling better today, af didn't get me properly until today so my lp has increased by 2 days! I was a bit teary yesterday but I've been focusing on the positives. Also had a couple of large glasses of red wine which has helped :wine:

Thats great news about the lp!! :happydance: So thats definitely a move in the right direction, you just have to think positive sometimes as thats all you can do, you never know if this could be your cycle!!

:hug:

Well, AF should have been yesterday if it is a normal cycle. And even though I've been spotting for several days it's been much less than usual and there was 2 days without any spotting at all a couple of days ago. Very strange. I also tend to spot more towards evening, it's barely nothing before that. I'm all confused.

Right now I'm thinking the antibiotics and the fact that I took B6 until a week and a half ago has lenghtened my luteal phase. If AF hasn't come on Wednesday I will get a pregnancy test though. :)

There's folic acid in the B6 vits I've been taking. 100µg. Should it be more? I have some folic acid tablet of 500 micrograms. Should I be taking those too?

theres 400µg folic acid in my prenatal and the others vits like Iron and Calcium are also important so I think you would be better with a prenatal. Not sure about the spotting though :huh: It would be best to test if its different from your normal af, although this could be down to the Bvits

so this really works??? i have been taking B6/B12/Folic Acid complex for almost a year now...and I'm just now about to start my Clomid this evening and I have been worrying a tiny bit about progesterone levels...but after reading this I think...how can I not get my BFP...If this is really true...please tell me it is.

theres 400µg folic acid in my prenatal and the others vits like Iron and Calcium are also important so I think you would be better with a prenatal. Not sure about the spotting though :huh: It would be best to test if its different from your normal af, although this could be down to the Bvits

I'm gonna see what type of prenatals we have here after work tomorrow! Thanks!

so this really works??? i have been taking B6/B12/Folic Acid complex for almost a year now...and I'm just now about to start my Clomid this evening and I have been worrying a tiny bit about progesterone levels...but after reading this I think...how can I not get my BFP...If this is really true...please tell me it is.

It does seem to help a lot of women. For some, like me, I needed more than just the B vitamins (yay for clomid!!), but I do think it was and is good for me to keep taking them! :)

They did for me!!! :dance::dance:
I fell pregnant with my daughter the 2nd month of taking Bvits and Agnus castus. We had been ttc for 14months!!

Were now trying for another one and Im back on the vits! so hope they work again for me and all you other girls!! :dust::dust:

Too add my two cents, I would keep taking vit b complex during pregnancy as they can be useful for morning sickness and to quote my books again :coffee: it says that if you use vit b to get pregnant then you should continue for at least the first trimester. I took 100mg while ttc but am now taking 50mg. I am just repeating what I read though:)

I read that 50 was 'better' but I also read that 'up to' 100 was safe, so I'm sticking with the 100 because I need the higher folic acid from it.

thanks so much ladies. you know i'm on clomid too Lisa...but this info is great about the Vitamin B6...I will definitely keep it up...I was taking it just for general health and wellness but am sure that God has it in my vitamin regiment for a reason =)

Hi all!
Hopeforamiracle sorry AF got you, I know how sad I feel when she gets me, red wine always makes me feel better too :)

Well I am on CD14, I have not had any EWCM yet but I had the biggest temp dip I have ever had today, so I went out and got some ov sticks and have a faint line, not sure if ov is coming up without EWCM, I missed it and my surge is on its way out today (maybe ov today? big temp dip?) or if my ov and EWCM are coming up later. Will keep temping (and BDing) and see.

If I still get a rubbish luteal phase this month I am taking a break from temping next month because I have weekend trips to Ireland and Spain coming up and then 2.5 weeks in Australia and Malaysia. Part-ay! :fool::wine::bunny:

Merry, does your book mention why you should continue it through the first trimester? Is it a miscarriage risk if you stop suddenly?

I went to the store today and picked up some B-100 complex since I had bought just B-6 the other day before reading this thread. I have also been looking into EPO a little and may try that next month if I get a BFN this month.

I'm just guessing, but I bet her book said not to stop it because if it supports progesterone levels/corpus luteum, you need those to stay up for the first trimester... after that, the placenta takes over progesterone production.

Lisaf you are indeed correct, it helps the hormone production that you need for the first trimester. I'm going to take a 50 mg complex tablet until I have my 12 week scan.
On the train and it's making me feel really sick:( it never normally does. How strange, wonder if train sicknes is a symptom?

How is every one today, did the UK girls have a nice bank holiday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->