Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

hi ladies, love all the baby boom here recently!

I'm thinking of getting some soy next cycle as *think* I ov'd day 24ish this cycle which is the latest I've ever been and its been round day 20 for last couple of cycles, such a pain!

Have been ntnp to be more relaxed which has helped but if I go by ewcm and ov'd when I think I did then we only bd 3 days before then totally missed the ovulation window as we were camping and sharing a tent so no way was I starting any business in there!

Am feeling quite disappointed today and bit rubbish, just waiting for the witch to arrive and start cycle 6 :-(

Btw, love that you were teeny tiny bit pregnant in that pic Chrissie, so cool to look back on!

Don't tell me about such channels - my hubby already thinks I'm potty, he'd think I've flipped if he comes home to find me watching that ;) Now, what's the channel number again ;) ;) x

My DH has already accepted that ttc has made me bonkers! :wacko:

Fallen angel i hope u get a resoltion soon (hopefully BFP!) cos limbo land is the worst :growlmad:

Mrs f and ticktock - are u using AC as well as b vits?

Ticktock how long is ur lp? are u testing?

Hi portablechick I'm taking maca and b vits. Was hoping the maca would make some difference but looks like it hasn't. Doubt my luteal phase is going to be longer with ovulation CD20 at the earliest. :(

hi portable chick, my lp is normally 12 days with 2 days of spotting but since being on the maca and b vits I'v had a 14 day lp with no spotting but last month was about 12 days with spotting 2 days after that then af.

I'm not taking ac, would that help? I always get positive opks and a good 5 days of ewcm so pretty sure I ov but its just all over the place!

I haven't tested as can't face another bfn! last month my cycle was only 28 days and the month before too. the longest its ever been is 34 days so will wait til then. even when I ov late my LP still stays the same, I just have a longer cycle.

aggghhhhhh feel like its all got to me today, am gonna go dig out some chocolate :wacko:

sorry to hear ur feeling down fallen angel & mrs F. nothing wrong in giving urself time off here & to contemplate to urself.

I Dont have any advice on temps as its my first month using a bbt. seriously i know how fed up u can feel and low. i am approaching the 2 yr mark & its my birthday in 2 weeks (30) and i thought i'd have a LO by then. just wanted to spread a little positivity because faith is all we have & stressing out is natural but normal. my period is due 2 days b4 my b'day so that sucks. dont even say it!!

anyway chin up guys and moan all u want positive vibes & happiness *** (supposed to be happy dust!) lol ****

mrs f how long r ur cycles? my doc doesnt believ a 9 dlp is a problem. i wonder if anyone has gotten preg with a short lp?

tick tock u shud defo get some chocolate. i treated myself to coca cola last nite tring to not drink it coz of caffine. feel so much better for it! lol

star-bex I would love a 9 day lp. 2nd month coming off the pill (when i started charting) I ov'd on cd22 and my lp was 6 days with spotting on 6dpo and light bleed at night 7dpo, so I recorded 6 day luteal phase, but maybe it should have been 7 day as full AF came on 8th day. My 3rd cycle after coming off pill I ov'd cd19 and I didn't have spotting on 6dpo and had light bleed in the evening of 7dpo with full AF on 8th day. So i recorded 7 day lp for 3rd cycle. I would really love to get up to at least 9 day lp as I have read about women sustaining pregnancy with a 9 day lp. I never even get far enough to test :cry:

Thanks for the positive vibes star bex. I feel bad whingeing when you have been trying for 2 years.. 4 months really isn't long! I guess I am just worried because I am 32 and we want 2 kids, its really starting to bother me now when people ask "when are you having kids" because I have no answer!! Nobody really wants to hear about my 7 day luteal phase defect lol :haha:

ticktock I feel the same, maybe this can be officially "chocolate day" haha

hi portable chick, my lp is normally 12 days with 2 days of spotting but since being on the maca and b vits I'v had a 14 day lp with no spotting but last month was about 12 days with spotting 2 days after that then af.

I'm not taking ac, would that help? I always get positive opks and a good 5 days of ewcm so pretty sure I ov but its just all over the place!

I haven't tested as can't face another bfn! last month my cycle was only 28 days and the month before too. the longest its ever been is 34 days so will wait til then. even when I ov late my LP still stays the same, I just have a longer cycle.

aggghhhhhh feel like its all got to me today, am gonna go dig out some chocolate :wacko:

Hmm chocolate

I think that you can't take soy and ac at the same time, not surea bout macca and AC at the same time though.

I hated getting BFN's, worse than getting the witch if you ask me. My trouble was I wasn't charting at first, so was testing on day 33 think well its way over 28 days now and hoping to be pregnant but wasn't realising that I just wasn't ovulating! My longest cycle was 38 days. I'm very impressed with your patience :)

Good luck :hugs:

As to all the folks learning French, I can barely speak English, your very brave learning. Hope it goes well for you:)

Hey everyone.
Fallen Angel - That temp rise looks so exciting, but I totally understand waiting. I saw another girl on BnB who seemed to have like a 27 day LP, but once AF came, if she counted back from her AF to her usual LP, there was an alternate ov date that FF didn't see. Not trying to disappoint you as I think your chart looks great.

Mrs F - late ovulation doesn't always mean a short LP.. and ovulating earlier doesn't mean your LP will be longer.

Everyone else - good luck, hope we'll be getting some more BFPs in here! :)

Hi ladies - hope u don't mind me gate crashing your thread but just wanted to give you a little bit of hope re short lp. I subscribed to this thread back in November 2009 (I think) because I was desperate to sort out my short lp. Not a lot seemed to help increase it past 9 days (often as short as 7 and last month it was only 6). Anyway my dr always said you could still get pg with a short lp and I guess he was right as I got my BFP a few weeks ago - I had very strong cramps at 6dpo which must have been implantation. Just want to try and give those of you with a short lp some hope as I know how many stories there are out there with those ttc with short lp but I think often ladies don't post when they do get their bfps. Sending lots and lots of babydust xxxx

Hi portablechick I'm taking maca and b vits. Was hoping the maca would make some difference but looks like it hasn't. Doubt my luteal phase is going to be longer with ovulation CD20 at the earliest. :(

do you mind if I ask when you started your maca?? it takes 2-3 months to take full effect.

Thanks lulu thats so lovely of you to write. Congrats on your BFP!! I am feeling a bit low today, just had some cheesecake and a glass of wine, I know its bad but I am really over this. I feel with my ov being later than last month that I am going backwards! BorntoBeaMummy I have only started taking maca this month, you are right I should give it a few more months. I am just impatient! :)

Thanks lisaf, hopefully my lp will be longer regardless of ov date xx

Thanks lulu for sharing your story and congrats on your BFP! I have looked through the charts on FF for people getting pregnant with short luteal phases and they are definitely out there!

I started OPK's today. Probably won't get a positive one for at least a week or two though since my cycle ranges from 28-35 days. FX the B-100 works this month!

Hi Robin, I just had a look at your journal :)

Hope you get your positive OPK soon!

well ladies
wanted to share my update on my 21 day bloods. Last month my progesterone was 14nmols/l - - - after 3 weeks on vit B6 50mgs and Agnus Castus my progesterone was 34.9!!!! More than double!!! I am 10 DPO today and my temp is staying up too!!!
Over 30 is what they want to see so - i am pretty dam happy!
I got some other results i wonder if anyone could help me with what they mean
FSH 5.2
LH 5.6
Prolactin 289
Estradol 301
Sorry i dont know wot the unit of measurement is. My doc didn't seem interested in any of these figures! Can anyone here interpret them or tell me if they are even relevant on cd21???

Thanks in advance - and thanku i suppose to vitb6 and AC!

Congratulations portablechick!! Thats awesome news!! I am not sure on the other figures sorry. Glad your progesterone is up and you are on 10dpo!! Yeeyyy!!! :happydance:

portablechick - those other numbers usually only have meaning if they are taken on CD3 of your cycle (or at least thats when most doctors take it and when I know what the results mean).

FSH is follicle stimulating hormone
LH is lutenizing hormone... both should be at similar levels... a higher LH (like double the FSH) can be a sign of PCOS
High FSH can be a sign that your ovaries are running low on eggs, poor egg quality (10 or higher is a sign of this).
Estradriol can suppress the FSH level
and Prolactin can stop ovulation if its too high

Thats just what I know, and again, I only know what the levels are supposed to be at CD3, lol.

Hope that helps you anyway?

CONGRATS on those super great numbers!! Hoping its a sign even of pregnancy as your progesterone goes up once pregnant!

Thanks u guys - the BFP would def be the most desirable outcome!!!! but if i cant have that then i'd settle for a nice luteal phase and proper AF! Have to speak to GP tomoro - mite suggest doin cd3 bloods but mind u the last time i asked him about cd3 bloods he didn't seem to know what i was talking about!!

Thanks Lisaf - i hoped u would drop in! ur knowledge is much appreciated! MrsF ur profile pic is stunning! how long r u guys married?

Thanks lulu thats so lovely of you to write. Congrats on your BFP!! I am feeling a bit low today, just had some cheesecake and a glass of wine, I know its bad but I am really over this. I feel with my ov being later than last month that I am going backwards! BorntoBeaMummy I have only started taking maca this month, you are right I should give it a few more months. I am just impatient! :)

Thanks lisaf, hopefully my lp will be longer regardless of ov date xx

i know it's hard to be patient...i wanted to see results right away too...but i am really seeing effects now in libido :winkwink: and just general well being :happydance: i guess i'll see if it helps me get that BFP soon, now that i have been taking my clomid.
keep taking it and be patient, because it will work...i've heard of 3 couples in my community awaiting IVF that conceived naturally just taking the maca...

best of luck!! you'll get that BFP soon:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"