Vitex capsules, vitex tincture, or fertilitea?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
I'm at a loss here... I don't know which one to try! My cycles are very short, between 14 and 20 days. I've read so many good reviews on all of them but I want to know which you guys recommend!

Didn't want to read and run, i don't know very much about them. I tried vitex pills earlier this year cause i heard it helps with fertility. I did get pregnant soon after starting it but i miscarried. I don't think the vitex had anything to do with the m/c though.

I'm doing fertilaid. It brought my period back after BCC. Here's hoping for an ovulation!

Hi! I tried vitex last year as my period was all over the shop (cycles ranged from 28 - 40 days). After 4 months of taking Vitex my period was 28 days on the mark! I got pregnant late Jan which was 5 months after taking vitex (had an early miscarriage) and then pregnant again in April (another early miscarriage). I actually just started taking vitex again today as my last 2 cycles have been longer and I want to go back to having regular 28 days cycles. My naturopath suggested I stop taking vitex when I got a BFP so I stopped taking it late Jan.

I took Vitex capsules (or Agnus Castus) just before I came off BCP to help regulate my cycles when I came off (I had awful problems when I came off last time), and jumped into perfectly regular cycles right from the first month- I put it down to the AC. I stopped taking it shortly after, but started taking it again at the start of this month as I read it can help with short LP's (mine's 10 days). I generally seem to have slightly longer than average cycles, O-ing late in the cycle (O cd16-23, cycle length 26-33 days), but this month back on AC, I didn't O until cd27-29... just in the 2WW now...

Grrr! I started taking it yesterday, Cd 2 for me, along with b6 and b12... I ordered fertilitea online and will start drinking that instead, I think... Unless anyone thinks straight vitex would be better? I've also read that you should keep taking vitex until the placenta can produce its own progesterone as coming off it too soon can actually make your body go out of whack again! I'm thinking of getting some evening primrose oil today too to add to my mix. Just not sure about taking all of these supplements at once! This is my first time attempting natural remedies and I guess I'm a little skeptical!

I'd love some advice on this too. I stopped my minipill in Jly and still waiting for AF. I'd like something natural to try and "boost" my body. Will Vitex be okay?

Grrr! I started taking it yesterday, Cd 2 for me, along with b6 and b12... I ordered fertilitea online and will start drinking that instead, I think... Unless anyone thinks straight vitex would be better? I've also read that you should keep taking vitex until the placenta can produce its own progesterone as coming off it too soon can actually make your body go out of whack again! I'm thinking of getting some evening primrose oil today too to add to my mix. Just not sure about taking all of these supplements at once! This is my first time attempting natural remedies and I guess I'm a little skeptical!

I also took Vit B complex...must say this cycle on it has been very odd temping wise...and I O'd late (both AC and B vits apparently can shift I back a bit)...but today I'm really feeling positive. Due to test at teh weekend.

I'd love some advice on this too. I stopped my minipill in Jly and still waiting for AF. I'd like something natural to try and "boost" my body. Will Vitex be okay?

I'd give it a go- I swear that's what helped my cycles regulate coming off the pill- I started a bit before coming off...

Yeah I've read so many things about it helping to regulate irregular cycles, so maybe it will work for both of us! I'm taking the vitex, which will hopefully help lengthen the cycle, and then I decided to take B6 because if I DO ovulate, I have an extremely short luteal phase and I read that B6 can help. I think I ovulated last cycle on CD 11, I got a positive OPK two and one day before that... BUT I have so many nearly positive looking OPKs that I just don't know! Like the one I took this AM is negative, but it's definitely looking like it could go positive later today or tomorrow. I'm going to dollar tree to buy some dollar ones! Think their OPKs work really well, and they seem to be less sensitive than the ones I'm taking and always getting kind of positives with! That turned into a novel sorry! I'm just anxious!

Trip to Holland and Barrett after work me thinks then!

What CD are you on? You'll have to let me know how it goes for you! I see no changes thus far, but only three days into it, and only on CD4!

We were trying to conceive for 10 months before we finally got pregnant. I had very long and irregular cycles, which I blame mostly on birth control pills. I am very into natural remedies and against jumping into Clomid and other interventions and so I did tons of research on natural fertility boosters and found some great information about Vitex/Chaste Berry. I found no known negative side effects at all. I opted for the elixir which I bought at Whole Foods. It tastes gross so I would put my dropper full into a tiny bit of juice and drink it 2 to 3 times per day.

After 2 1/2 months of taking the Vitex we conceived naturally!! The reason I truly believe it was the Vitex that worked is because the 2 full cycles I was on it were my shortest cycles in 10 months (35 days or less). And then the 3rd month we got pregnant. I absolutely recommend that every woman try this before trying any unnatural remedies which have significant side effects and are not all that effective anyway.

Vitex stimulates your body's natural hormonal system to do what it is designed to do, without forcing it to ovulate or conceive with the use of chemicals, synthetic hormones, or injections.

Hope this helps!! Good luck and never lose hope!

Hi hun, I had short cycles as well, 21 days. This is considered in the normal range, however, I ovulate too late for my luteal phase to be adequate. So, I started vitex capsules in June. It pushed back my ovulation date by about four days, a good thing for me. I've had no negative side effects, so I would certainly recommend.

One thing I would recommend also is a natural progesterone cream, or some kind of progesterone supplement if you are interested in seeing a doctor. I was so skeptical of the cream (I figured since it was just a cream, it would never work), but I picked up a tube last month and it lengthened my luteal phase by three days during the first month of use. I thought this was promising. Then I happened to be in for my annual obgyn appt and mentioned my short lp to my doctor, and she gave me prometrium, a natural progesterone supplement that is safe during pregnancy. I'm on my first month of it, but my cycle is already longer than it would be without the prometrium or the cream.

Good luck to you!

I know I am really late but for any ladies who stumble upon this thread as I did, vitex worked for me. My cycles are very irregular anywhere from 14 days to 140 days. I took Gaia Herb's vitex (from Whole foods about $13 for 60 capsules) and took 2 every morning in addition to 3 primrose oil capsules. It took 3 months for my cycle to go to a regular 27 days. I found out I was pregnant June 22, 2012 which was my 3rd month on vitex. My son is now 9 months old and we are TTC again. My cycle is still irregular, between 14 days and 67 days (not as bad as before) and I started taking vitex and primrose oil November 20th (mid cycle to bring on my period which I am still waiting for, it is now CD 37). I am hoping that it works this time around as well.

Is it true that vitex can cause some women to hyperovulate (release two eggs in one cycle)?

I know I am really late but for any ladies who stumble upon this thread as I did, vitex worked for me. My cycles are very irregular anywhere from 14 days to 140 days. I took Gaia Herb's vitex (from Whole foods about $13 for 60 capsules) and took 2 every morning in addition to 3 primrose oil capsules. It took 3 months for my cycle to go to a regular 27 days. I found out I was pregnant June 22, 2012 which was my 3rd month on vitex. My son is now 9 months old and we are TTC again. My cycle is still irregular, between 14 days and 67 days (not as bad as before) and I started taking vitex and primrose oil November 20th (mid cycle to bring on my period which I am still waiting for, it is now CD 37). I am hoping that it works this time around as well.

Is it true that vitex can cause some women to hyperovulate (release two eggs in one cycle)?

Hi there! So glad that you bumped this thread up again. I am combing through vitex threads trying to find ladies with similar vitex experiences. I do not know anything about vitex causing hyperovulation. I've not heard that but that doesn't mean it isn't true!

I have noticed a major increase in CM since being on vitex for about a month. Did you notice that around the time you got pregnant? I am currently on CD 21 and I don't temp or take OPKs. I may get into charting in the next few months but I'm not in a hurry to get too scientific with it as hubby and I just want to TTC with no pressure. :) Please share your experience with me- I'd love to hear how vitex worked for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->