Vitex/Ovulation - success stories/experience?

I started taking it the beginning of August, along with Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Flax Seed, B-6, a Super B Complex, and the prenatal vitamin. I wanted to try something natural as I thought either my progesterone was low or I had a LPD. I knew either I wasn't ovulating (I had positive opk's every month, but my temps were so LOW) or my LP wasn't right.

If it didn't work, my plan was to see my gyn on the 30th to be put on clomid.

I got my first BFP on 8/26. So yes, it definitely worked for me.

Bump... I just started taking vitex about two months ago. I think i ovulated yesterday for the first time on my own. Any suggestions on if I should keep taking it or stop until af?

It regulated my periods, which definitely helped us conceive.
I took it throughout my first trimester and stopped taking the tincture at 10 weeks, to help prevent miscarriage.

You took it throughout the first tri? Did you lower your dose at all. I just took 3 pills yesterday but today I think i may go down to 2

I came off BC in Sep'11 and decided to give Agnus Castus/Vitex a go sometime in January. I believe that this was the thing that got me pregnant. It could be down to a combination of things but it definately helped my periods get back on track because they were crazy when i came off BC & all over the place.

I would definately recommend it - in fact I have already to two of my friends who are also TTC :)

ME! I took Soy Isoflavones for 9 months because it was the only thing that helped me ovulate regularly, but I never had a sticky bean. I have high prolactin which causes irregular/weak ovulation. I had read that Vitex is supposed to lower prolactin so I decided to give it a go. Sure enough I ovulated on CD17 and got my bfp 9dpo first cycle! We were trying for 13/14 months. I took still continued to take it until about 6 weeks, and now I take it every 4 months or so. No problems so far :) xx

With my first pg I took vitex due to not ovulating on my own, I was also on comix at the time. It too about two months to work and on the fourth I was pg! Good luck! I also stopped after ovulating...

Thanks for all the success stories! Keep them coming! Also let me know if you If you stopped taking vitex after o or took it throughout part of your pregnancy

Thanks for all the success stories! Keep them coming! Also let me know if you If you stopped taking vitex after o or took it throughout part of your pregnancy

You're supposed to take it after ov as well because if you don't take it for two weeks it won't work as well because it messes the hormones back up being without it for so long. The reason why some girls take it in the first tri is to keep their progesterone high, but most girls stop it once they get their bfp. It won't hurt the baby at all though, it's safe. :)

Hi-I am new here. We are trying to concieve allready 3 month but no sucess. Doctor told me that I have PCOS and I am underwaight. Just baught PMSrelief Agnus Castus tablets-agnus castus fruit extract 4 mg. Do you know how many pills should I use in one go and can I take them each day or do I have so stop at certain time?

Hi-I am new here. We are trying to concieve allready 3 month but no sucess. Doctor told me that I have PCOS and I am underwaight. Just baught PMSrelief Agnus Castus tablets-agnus castus fruit extract 4 mg. Do you know how many pills should I use in one go and can I take them each day or do I have so stop at certain time?

You're supposed to take 800-1200mg a day. Sounds like those pills don't have enough at all. This is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...D2JU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335032115&sr=8-1

Where can I get the tincture from? Can it be found at most vitamin stores or only online? Thanks ladies!

Hi. I started taking 1000mg Vitex after six months of no periods. I ended up pregnant shortly after without ever getting a period. I stopped Vitex on the day I got my BFP and lost my baby.
A few days after my miscarriage I started Vitex again, and again got pregnant without a period. This time I'm going to keep taking it during the first trimester. I didn't have my hormones tested with the lost pregnancy, but I have this time and they look fantastic.

I have been reading the posts for months & wanted to finally step out and make my own. I have done OPKs & charted my cycle which is exactly 24days. It varied 25-26 days but I think that it was my nerves from that big "two week wait". My DH and I are just seriously TTC now.We have been married for over a year and half now and really just getting settled into married life. I have one daughter from a previous marriage and he has no children. I would love to give him his first child and add on to our family. My body has been going bonkers since our wedding night. (Hint: My body was not use to the attention!) Sent my hormones on a roller coaster!! Anyway, Vitex was suggested to me and I have been doing much research about it and can't wait to try it. My luck, as soon as I decided to buy it...everyone was sold out! A Natural Food store local to me is holding a bottle from thier shipment on Thursday so I will keep you posted. :thumbup:

I plan to take 1000mg a day. Veggie caps.

I took it for a while with zero luck. I started taking Evening Primrose Oil and had success 2 months later!

I have been taking Vitex for 12 days now. Started on CD1. I am 1dpo and getting anxious. I've had no side effects at all. I am actually starting to feel more normal. My body went all out of wack after I got married. Praying for my sticky bean in July. Testing on July 8th. Trying to resist the erge to test sooner! We'll see.....:winkwink:

I was TTC for 6 months, started taking vitex, no sex the 7th month until after O, then, the 8th month, only had sex 1x and BFP. So yeah, i would say Vitex is awesome.

Hey!
I was reading this thread and thought Id bump it up since it's not that old!
I am on my first month taking Vitex so far, and a few things have happened.
First of all I have fairly regular cycles but my temps are low and my progesterone tests seem to say that I am not really ovulating -or at least not strongly. But my period always comes sometimes worse than others (on time).
I decided to try the Vitex in case I am estrogen dominant. And we have been trying for a year now with no success.
So I started during AF and have been taking 1 400mg pill made of the flower, and 2 80mg extract pills. To be honest I don't know how much that actually works out to because both bottles say to take 1-2/day.
I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in break outs instantly. Like in the first week taking it. I break out hormonally and all the time have a few spots, my face is literally clear since starting the Vitex. So I thought hey! This has to be doing something good right? Next I got a +opk right on CD 13. I don't know for how long because it was one of those Stupid digital ones that shuts down after the first positive (which was the dumbest thing I ever spent money on in my life )... and now by temping I am not certain when I ovulated. But on CD 15 I had a brown spot of blood... just a bit. And I wonder if it was from ovulating?? Now I am today at CD 16 and my temps haven't really risen dramatically so I am just waiting to find out if I've ovulated or not and I am hoping to see higher temps then normal indicating more progesterone! FINGERS CROSSED.

I will keep posting as to what happens. How is everyone else coming along with the Vitex?

P.s... the brown 'ovulation spot" has NEVER happened to me before. So Im hoping it indicates a strong ovulation? But has anyone else ever experienced this on Vitex?

Hey... the thread has come alive again!
My baby was born very healthy, is now 7 months old.
I started Vitex again when she was three months old and breastfeeding. She'll be a big sister at 14 months!! I'm about 8 weeks now and will continue taking 1000mg a day until about 12 weeks.
I LOVE VITEX!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"