Vitex/Ovulation - success stories/experience?

Just popping in to say that I've just got a :bfp: on my first cycle on vitex! I'm not quite sure that I believe it yet though :haha:

I do have to say, it helped me so much! I started out using it to regulate my cycles and I found that ovulation became a lot easier to define. I would spot (I never got any signs of O including temps!) I used it for two months before I got my BFP. They say three months to see the best results but I do have to say this is my healthiest pregnancy yet!! Best of luck xox Vitex really is amazing

Wow I'm really hoping it works as well for me as it has done for you guys :) just so impatient waiting for AF to return after stopping breast feeding!

Getting kicked by my vitex baby as we speak! I've started weaning off of it, taking 1 capsule every other day now, to be completely done by 20 weeks.

I'm taking Angus castus this cycle to help regulate my hormones after a mmc at 12 weeks in January. Last cycle I bled all the way through on and off. Already this cycle is looking more normal, no spotting or bleeding. Praying for my bfp!!

Wow earthmama that's great! I've read to start taking it from cd1 but I haven't had a cycle yet can I just start taking them once they arrive? Hoping that's exactly what they are going to do make me ovulate and hopefully catch that first egg :)

I started immediately after my last miscarriage ended...it takes time to kick in so I think you would be okay to start immediately, it will take about a month or two to kick in.

Well they have arrived and I've took my first two here's hoping!

SO, I'm 17 days into taking vitex and I've had no real improvements yet. Did anyone else experience wacky CM? Mine has run the gamut in the last 17 days and there's no sign of af. My temps are pretty regular though, so that's good. I know it is really too early to see any improvement yet but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the CM issue.

:dust:

I never noticed a change in my cm until I got pregnant. Then it got thick and more yellowish which is normal for me in pregnancy.

For the full effect of vitex it is said to take it consistently over a 2-3 month period. I didn't notice any positive impact on my ovulation until a month after using it, but everyone is different! :) It takes longer for some. Good luck ladies!

I took Fertilaid for women which contains vitex and other things, and you can take it throughout your entire cycle. One bottle is a one month supply, you take 3 a day. I took 2 a day and made my bottle last 2 months and just got my BFP! This was after 3 unsuccessful rounds of clomid! I wish I had just tried the fertilaid first! Even with the clomid I wasn't Oing until about CD18-19. 2nd cycle on fertilaid I Oed on CD14 like I should! I would definitely recommend it!

Hi All, I'm new...Read the entire thread and OMG! Love all these awesome success stories! I am on CD125 :wacko:...I havent had my period since my wedding night 11/2/13 :cry:. I've had +OPK's monthly which is interesting, but no AF. I just started taking Vitex 2/day (500mg) consistently for the past couple of days and I'm praying I too can get my cycles back to normal and conceive! With all these success stories I'm thinking its totally possible.:happydance:

Good luck mzkris, sorry you haven't had af for so long, that must be so frustrating.

I'm 12 days in now and so far so good, much less spotting than last cycle, in fact hardly anything. No signs of ov yet and last cycle I oved on cd15 so I'm hoping to see some darker lines on opks over the next few days, fingers crossed!!

Good luck mzkris, sorry you haven't had af for so long, that must be so frustrating.

I'm 12 days in now and so far so good, much less spotting than last cycle, in fact hardly anything. No signs of ov yet and last cycle I oved on cd15 so I'm hoping to see some darker lines on opks over the next few days, fingers crossed!!

Definitely frustrating indeed:nope: but yes I'm hopeful! Goodluck to you on your journey as well! I have my fingers crossed for the both of us and will keep you all posted! Im wondering if I should up my dosage from 1000 to 1500 as im taking 500mg pills lol! I've never wanted a period so bad in my life:shrug:

Hi,

I've just starting taking vitex this month. I usually have regular 28-29 day cycles and ovulate day 14-15 but I have LP spotting from around 5 days after O to AF. I started taking the vitex to try and balance my hormones as I think this could be the issue. I'm on CD21 now (took it from CD1 - O) and I had a delayed O - CD17 or so FF says but I think it could have been CD19 as was still getting EWCM.

I've had twinges in one side since then but no other signs. Has anyone else had a delayed O? My post O temps are slow rising too and not as high as usual. Very odd! XXXXXX

Just to let everyone know I had my first very positive opk on Sunday one week after starting vitex after 3/4 days of ewcm so I'm now in the 2ww.

Hi,

I've just starting taking vitex this month. I usually have regular 28-29 day cycles and ovulate day 14-15 but I have LP spotting from around 5 days after O to AF. I started taking the vitex to try and balance my hormones as I think this could be the issue. I'm on CD21 now (took it from CD1 - O) and I had a delayed O - CD17 or so FF says but I think it could have been CD19 as was still getting EWCM.

I've had twinges in one side since then but no other signs. Has anyone else had a delayed O? My post O temps are slow rising too and not as high as usual. Very odd! XXXXXX

For the first few months that I used Vitex, I O'd late. I never got any other symptoms apart from a sharp pain and spotting <3 GL to you, dalring. Vitex is really quite amazing! I'm certain it got me my BFP after trying for two and a half years with out O'ing (which I only could see through my temps) :hugs:

I know this thread is almost 2 years old but I loved the positivity of it and the success stories. I hsd a perfectly normal cycle sfter gerting off bcp. I started tracking my cycle 8 months ago started tracking bbt 6 months ago. The last 5I ovulated cd 16 and had a 14 day lp, then ovulated cd16 with a 12 day lp then ovulated cd21 with a 10 day lp then cd 21 with a 11 day lp, but my periods have been getting shorter. They used to be 4-5 days and now they are 1-2 days. I started drinking red clover tea cd 4 and now am on cd 38 and this month have mot ovulated. I stopped the tea a week ago and took 100 md of vitex this morning. I have never had a cycle this long. I jope bitex can help fix what's going on with me. Would love to hear some more successful bitex syories :) I've heard can dtart working as soon as a week or take as long a 3 months to notice an improvement. Red clover must have made me estrogen dominant. Here's hoping.
Baby dust all
Cp

I just got pregnant with number 2 (only one tube and still breastfeeding) by upping my vitex dose. I was taking 2 a day (400mg) and the first cycle I added a capsule at lunch I got pregnant :) I am and have been a loyal fan of vitex for years.

I got pregnant with #2 using Vitex! We had been trying for 15 months with no luck. I started taking 1000mg (probably overkill haha) of Vitex a day and I was pregnant within 2 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->