Vitex/Ovulation - success stories/experience?

No idea TMB, hun! But it probably is regulating hormones. Will you take vitex during AF...

OH LADIES you give me so much hope! I'm scared! But, I'm hoping the vitex makes this sticky!

So happy you both have your Rainbows! :)

EarthMama: Are you taking 800mg? I'm still taking 3 pills (1200mg). Should I lower it now? I'm 10dpo and just got my BFP yesterday.

No idea TMB, hun! But it probably is regulating hormones. Will you take vitex during AF...

OH LADIES you give me so much hope! I'm scared! But, I'm hoping the vitex makes this sticky!

So happy you both have your Rainbows! :)

EarthMama: Are you taking 800mg? I'm still taking 3 pills (1200mg). Should I lower it now? I'm 10dpo and just got my BFP yesterday.

Yes. I continued with 3 pills until I hit 6 weeks (I think it was 6 weeks), and then reduced to 2 a day which I've continued to take. I am not sure why I reduced the dosage somewhat at 6 weeks, it just felt like the right thing to do, especially because I am also taking progesterone oil. I'm planning on taking 2 a day until I'm well past the first tri and then reduce to 1 a day at 16 weeks...then take it infrequently (just occasionally) until 20 weeks. That's the plan anyway...haha.

I'd say stay on the vitex, but follow your instinct on how much to take. If you're not taking progesterone you may want to keep your dosage at 1200 mg until 8 weeks and then reduce to 2 pills a day.

I will continue the 3 pills until 6 weeks. That's the magic gestation for me right now. This is my 3rd pregnancy in 4 months...

My first early loss TTC#3 came in October at 4w5d.

My Second loss was just 3 weeks ago near Christmas at 5w4d.

I hate it... Makes no sense as I always thought chemical losses were when your AF was due. But mine have came with positive digi's and 5 days and 12 days after missing AF.

That sounds like a good plan! Have a happy and healthy 9 (now 8 hehe) months!!

Hi lady's and congrats on all of the vitex babies :happydance:

This is my first ever post. I've been lurking forever lol. I just started taking vitex yesterday. Puritan pride 800mg twice a day. I had heavy ovary cramps and headache a few hours after first dose. Did anyone else experience similar side effects. Hopefully this is a good sigh of thing moving along in there.

SN: I don't not have PCOS but I do have long cycles and hormone imbalance. TTC #1

Hi Morgan :hi:

I've been on vitex for 10 days now and I have had a headache for the last 4 to 5 days....It seems to be lessening but is still there.....
Also, I started to spot on vitex dose #5 and it has been getting progressively worse. I actually entered light flow for yesterday and today and fertility friend started me on a new cycle....so technically my last cycle was only 20 days long but with no ovulation.

How long are your cycles? My doc labelled me with PCOS although the only symptom I have is some hormone issues and slightly large ovaries. My cycles range anywhere from 50 to 100+ days.

My cycles are all over the place. 40 to 60 days :( I was on depo about five years ago and that really messed me up. So I have spotting consistently I'll be lucky if I can get a week without spotting. But before that it took 1 year+ just to get af back. I really hate that I let my doctor pressure me into getting that stupid shot.

I was using vitex differently because I have a luteal phase defect. I fell pregnant in October, December but had an early loss both cycles. (5 days after AF due, and 12 days past when AF was due.)

I started vitex at 1dpo and took it until today 11dpo. I doubt I took it long enough for it to work, but I did fall pregnant. I had my BFP 2 days ago and still BFP today when AF arrived.

Which makes me think I'm having progesterone issues. My body is getting pregnant, implanting but a hormone isn't telling AF not to show up and it clears my body. So, now I'm thinking about weaning off of Vitex over the next few days and going to the DR to discuss these losses and to see what he advises.

These early losses mattered to me! And... I'm so emotionally drained. I don't know what else to do.

I'm so excited to find this thread! I'm going to go out and buy some Vitex right now!

My situation... I came off BC early December, had a withdrawal bleed on the 5th December, and no ovulation or AF since. I am now CD75+ and going crazy. I hope Vitex helps me, by either making me ovulate, or bringing on AF.

Question - if AF arrives without ovulation, is that okay? Will it just be known as an anovulatory cycle?

FF thinks I ovulate 28 days ago (gave me dotted crosshairs because of increased temps) but I had no +OPK and I have had no AF/BFP.

What is the best dosage to take? I've read between 1000-1200mg per day? Do you take it with/without food?

I'm so excited to find this thread! I'm going to go out and buy some Vitex right now!

My situation... I came off BC early December, had a withdrawal bleed on the 5th December, and no ovulation or AF since. I am now CD75+ and going crazy. I hope Vitex helps me, by either making me ovulate, or bringing on AF.

Question - if AF arrives without ovulation, is that okay? Will it just be known as an anovulatory cycle?

FF thinks I ovulate 28 days ago (gave me dotted crosshairs because of increased temps) but I had no +OPK and I have had no AF/BFP.

What is the best dosage to take? I've read between 1000-1200mg per day? Do you take it with/without food?

Hi hun...I had annovulatory cycles and it isn't the best scenario for your body as it's an indication you are imbalanced (my husband loved to tease me about that phrase lol). The Vitex does help most women with this issue as it stimulates all of your hormone producing glands to regulate themselves. I started with 800mg a day (that was 2 pills one in AM and one in PM) and didn't have to take it with food personally. I ovulated on cd 14 the first cycle and so didn't up my dosage although some women do have to take more than that.

I also took vitex all cycle long and when I got my bfp this time I continued it through the first Tri as I mentioned previously in this thread. So far baby girl is healthy and kicking me in the bell button as we speak:haha: Good luck!

pandi, thank you for your reply. I so hope this works for me!

pandi, thank you for your reply. I so hope this works for me!

Me too hun...a friend with pcos started vitex this last cycle and it was her first non medicated ovulation cycle since they started ttc. Fingers crossed for all you gals!

I fell pregnant 1st month of taking vitex :D ... !! I wass ttc for a year

Well my Vitex has arrived and taken one tablet today - so watch this space.

A little confused though, on the bottle it says 100mg, equivalent to 1000mg.

Should I be taking 1 tablet or 10?!

Well my Vitex has arrived and taken one tablet today - so watch this space.

A little confused though, on the bottle it says 100mg, equivalent to 1000mg.

Should I be taking 1 tablet or 10?!

LOL take one don't even thing about taking 10 :haha:
I took natures aid Agnus Castus 100mg equivlalent to 1000mg :p 1 tablet daily up until ovulation

Hi ladies! I just wanted to get in on this discussion about vitex. I started taking 1200mg/day on CD 64, I am currently CD 77. I have had cycles as long as 193 days and I'm hoping this really helps get me into a normal, ovulatory cycle. Me and the hubs have been ttc for 13 months now and since my cycles have been so irregular and I haven't had a single +OPK I've turned to vitex. I really haven't noticed too much difference yet aside from my temps, which seem to be leveling out instead of being all over the chart!

Good luck to you ladies! I'm going to try to keep this forum updated with my progress.

I hope the vitex works!!! Karmic, I hope your cycles get shorter. That is just to frustrating. Have you asked your Dr. about something to help make your cycles shorter?

It's great reading is many success stories with this. My DS is 4 months old and we are Ntnp. I breast fed for 3 months but now DS is sttn I have stopped. It's been a long time since I've been off any form of bc so not sure what my cycles will be like when they eventually return. I've ordered some of this in hope of bringing my cycles back soon and regulating them in hopes of conceiving a bit quicker than with DS

Thanks Leinzlove.
I've got PCOS and I'm sure the doc could give me progesterone or some other drug to induce af, but I really hate using drugs and I wanted to try something else first. I also started taking N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) with the vitex. The NAC is supposed to help with the insulin resistance that usually accompanies PCOS. It will hopefully work together with the vitex to help regulate my cycle and get me to ovulate. :thumbup:

Missnurse: Congrats on your new baby! :) x

Karmic: I'm sorry hun... I hope it does in indeed get you O'ing sooner and pregnant in no time...

AFM: If I'm not prego this cycle... I will go back to taking vitex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->