Vitex/Ovulation - success stories/experience?

That's AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!!! SSjad, would you mind sharing any relative changes or symptoms you noted on Vitex??
Today I am CD17 and I thought for sure I ovulated on CD15 but my temps have dropped and are still really low! But my CM has dried up. And I just can't decided if I o'd on the Vitex or not!!! Its only my first month though.
But I thought I'd share for anyone else searching into this thread, and also Im trying to stay positive because I was really positive and hopeful for this month!
That's so amazing that Vitex has helped you twice! Thankyou for your post!

Oh gosh, I really can't remember much. Sorry! I do remember though that I had ovulation and implantation spotting, which I've never had before. Otherwise nothing out of the ordinary really springs to mind. I'll let you know if I remember anything else.

Good luck!!

Oh hello awesome thread! We were trying to concrete for 2 years, hubby started researching as I have short cycles. 2 months of agnus castus and bam pregnant! 12 weeks today!

Ssjad, how long did it take to ovulate once you started taking vitex while breastfeeding? My DD is 8 months old and no af yet. Been doing opk but nothing positive yet either. We really want to start ttc asap. I bought vitex today and was hoping to see the positive result everyone else has :)

We were ttc #2 for several months and the first month of taking angus castus we conceived!! I would highly recommend it!!

It took about two months while breastfeeding. It wasn't super fast, but that was fine with me as i also didn't want to compromise my milk supply.
Im thirteen weeks now and have just come off Vitex.
Good luck!

I need to get some of this asap!! Wow sounds amazing!

Squad thanks. And congratulations! I started it today so fingers crossed.

How exciting! Keep us updated!
Earthmama it was fantastic for me... just the thing my body needed, but I don't think it's so effective for everyone...

It took me 2 1/2 years to conceive my second child. I have pcos and she was conceived on metformin and I used progesterone to sustain the pregnancy. We decided to start TTC #3 back in May. Because of the PCOS, I hadn't had a period since March. I took the vitex in May in order to induce a period, got a period in June and in July I was pregnant. We only TTC in June after the period. I was TTC for 1 month! I swear by vitex. I did also take a few extra vitamins with it. I took Vitamin B-complex, fish oil, calcium, and Vitamin D. Not only did I conceive the first month trying on it, I did not need progesterone to sustain the pregnancy. I am now 10 weeks.

Another success story with vitex here. We were LTTC #1 (4 years) and so after we got pregnant we started TTC asap since it took so long with him . After 7 months TTC I tried vitex and got pregnant right away! :thumbup:

Wow Sun. Wonderful to hear.

Not sure if its doing anything but day 3 and finally having some LH surges (not enough for positive) but more than I've seen since testing over last month! Fingers crossed something good is happening!

Hi Ladies,

This thread isn't too old so I thought I'd ask some questions. First of all, congratulations to all the expecting moms out there! I started vitex on CD1 and I'm now on CD6. My OH is working away but he's coming home for (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend. I usually have 31-36 day cycles and last month I got a positive OPK around CD 23. When OH is home this month I will be CD 10-14. Do you think there's any way that the vitex will cause me to ovulate 10 days early? Or is that just crazy wishful thinking. Also, if I do get a BFP on Vitex, is it unsafe to stop taking it before the first trimester is over? I'm worried if I stop at my BFP it'll cause a miscarriage. Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

Bumping this up :)

I took vitex this past summer in hopes of shortening my long cycles. After about 3 weeks on it I got AF on my own. I was very pleased :) I continued to take it the next cycle but got discouraged after about CD55 and stoped taking vitex plus my vitamins. I did end up Oing on CD77 and AF arrived on CD91....not sure if the vitex played a role in this as I was no longer on it. Anyway, this cycle I am back on the vitex and I am going to stick to it this time. I would be happy with a cycle less than 60 days long. Please, please, please!

Anyone else out there taking vitex right now??

Thought I would post my update and bump this thread...

I started taking this at 1dpo... 1200mg first thing in the morning, with water and on empty stomach. And at 9dpo I got my BFP!

I miscarried in October at 4w5d and then again just 3 weeks ago at 5w4d.

I can't see the Dr. until I've had 3 losses. So, I decided to give vitex a try. I'm still taking it and plan so during the first trimester.

IF SSJAD is still around. When did you cut down the dosage?

Congratulations Leinzlove. Hope its your sticky bean.

I might as well update here aswell - I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant after 4 month on vitex to help get back a cycle while bf. My doc helped me wean off of it over the past few weeks (i had to start my progesterone so it was fairly easy). I had another success on vitex in early Nov (cycle before thr one I fell in) but unfortunately i mc just before 5 weeks.

CD21 and I've been spotting for the past 4 days.It has been getting progressively heavier...almost to the point of classifying as light flow which would make FF put me on a new cycle. Anyway, I'm thinking that the vitex may just be leveling out some hormones and that is causing the light bleed. Has this happened to any of you? Should I just keep at'er and see what happens?! Any thoughts?

Our vitex baby is due in June so 3 cheers for Vitex! I took it through the first trimester and we finally have our sticky bean...love that stuff!

Our vitex baby is due in June so 3 cheers for Vitex! I took it through the first trimester and we finally have our sticky bean...love that stuff!

Yay! I'm still on it too, 2 capsules a day. I'm so glad I was willing to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->