vitex worked!

libbymarks198

Reaction score
so i have been taking vitex to try and get my period back after depo i have not had anything for a very long time, i started taking vitex two weeks ago 1000mg a day last week i added dong quai, 3 days ago i upped my vitex intake to 2000mg a day and today i got my period for the first time in forever!! starting to temp now so hoping to get a positive ovulation this month i have not ovulated in 2 years

That's awesome sweetie! It can be so hard to stick with something long enough for it to work when ttc (I know trust me lol) and I'm happy you were able to persevere and find the solution/dose that worked for you! Baby dust your way and hoping you join the vitex baby club soon!

That's very exciting news! I'm thinking of taking vitex and with your experience it gives me hope. Thanks for sharing!

Definitely works :) after 130 days and 3 weeks of vitex (1600mg a day) I added 1500mg of dong quai and in 3 days Af started! I didnt ovulate for my next cycle (52 days) or the 1 after that (45 days) but after the first one I didnt have to induce AF again. And my cycles after those 2 formed a pattern (around 23 days with O on cd6)

:flower:

I think I will be trying this vitex and dong qui stuff!!! Can I buy it in stores or does it have to be online?

ladies can you link where you got your Dong quai please?

I have been taking 2000mg of vitex for 5 days and have just been reading up about Dong quai. I have found some 1000mg caps of Dong quai and it states to take 2 daily.. would this be too much?

And also ladies.. did you take anything else? atm im taking Vitex, folic acid and centrum pregnancy care x

EDIT: ok so just ordered them lol https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HM9EJVS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i got these ones. I hope they work for me like they did for you ladies :) xx

I dont think it's too much :) my dong quai said to take 2-4 tablets daily (1000-2000mg) and I just chose 3 cos it was in the middle :p your vitex dose sounds quite high though - I have been told what I was taking (1600mg) was high.

I dont think it's too much :) my dong quai said to take 2-4 tablets daily (1000-2000mg) and I just chose 3 cos it was in the middle :p your vitex dose sounds quite high though - I have been told what I was taking (1600mg) was high.

thanks hun. oh wow im surprised you were told its high.. i read that 1600mg is about average to make it work. well from 1000mg to 1600mg. But i only got 1000mg tabs so its either 1000mg or 2000mg lol. With my cycles being so horrid i dont think it will hurt. Will see what happens next cycle if the Dong quai does its magic. xx

Im taking 2000mg of vitex too. The tablets I have are 1000mg and says to take two a day. I have also just started taking dong quai says 2 tablets twice a day which works out at 2160mg a day. Also taking pregnacare vitamins and two cups of raspberry leaf tea a day. Been taking vitex for a week now and dong quai started today. Hoping it works. Havent had a period in over a year. I have started feeling crampy and my boobs are a bit sore. Does that sound like my period might be coming or side effects to the tablets?

I didnt have any side effects like that, so it sounds to me like AF could be on her way!

as a sidenote, for those who havent had a period in months, your first AF will probably be quite heavy, as it hasnt cleared out in a while! Mine was really heavy for 4 days.

I think vitex is 1 thats different for everyone, so 2000mg may very well work for you :)

I really hope so. So fed up of waiting for it now. Cant properly ttc until AF has been. Bleugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->