vitimans?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by hollie69, Apr 6, 2009.

1. hollie69

hollie69 Active Member

hi i was wondering if i should be taking any vitimans during my pregnancy? is everyone taking them or not? thanx

2. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

i have heard not to.. just folic acid and omega 3. If you eat a balanced diet you should be getting all the vitamins you need.
    Some experts say that too much of certain vitimins can cause defects so they say steer clear and just eat well. x

3. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

im taking pregnacare plus with omega-3 hun, my dies could really do with an improvement so i just wanted to make sure bubs was getting some of what she needed, and so far so good! xxxx

4. hollie69

hollie69 Active Member

i stopped taking folic acid at 12 weeks should i have carried on taking it, do you recommend a good omega 3 suppliment? thanx

5. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

if you want to take some vitamins hun i highly recommend the Pregnacare that i take, its got everything in it that pregnant women and growing babies need, and as its developed specifically for pregnant women all through pregnancy you know its good for you and bubs! You can buy it pretty much everywhere too hun, so its handy to grab a pack when your doing your shopping, thats what i do xxx

6. please08

please08 Dolly, Dinkie & The Bump

Yep the pregnacare plus with the Omega 3 is what I've been taking also........ has everything that LO needs plus all good for yourself too :)

7. Lorien

Lorien Well-Known Member

I take a pre-natal vitamin and Vitamin D on the advice of my midwife.

8. sesame

sesame Pregnant - due October 1

I think you were ok to stop the extra folic acid at week 12 - it will have served its purpose to prevent any neural tube problems.

I am taking a generic brand multivitamin - there was a sugary taste to the brand named one that made me gag...

9. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I have carried on taking the pregnacare plus with omega 3 too, just to make sure the baby is getting all it needs

10. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

i'm not taking anything just eating healthily. midwife was happy wiuth this as ii'm not overweight and eat a balanced diet. i did take folic acid till i was 14 weeks.