Vomiting after solids?

malotkins

Reaction score
Hi there,

My son is 5 1/2 months and I started him on some baby porridge the weekend before last which he loved. Yesterday I started him on vegetable purees and he wolfed down some butternut squash. Today, however, he had some more at lunchtime and was a little sick, not unusual, and then about an 1 1/2 hours after his late afternoon bottle and baby porridge he was very sick and had an explosive nappy, unusual. I'm not sure if it is related to the food. His feeding schedule is bottle at 8am, bottle and vegetable puree at 12noon, bottle and baby porridge at 4pm and then bottle at 8pm. His bottles are 7ozs and I give him some milk, then the food and then the rest of the bottle. Am I overfeeding him? Should I seperate the bottle and solids by an hour or so? Should I wait a week or so before trying again with the food? Maybe see what happens tomorrow when I give him the same as today? What would you do? So confusing!!

Thanks.

I would think it was from the squash, but it's hard to know without trying again and see what happens. It may have just been because it was a new food.

Let's just say I use pumpkin and squash to loosen up her BM. I think it was just the squash. Try another veggie or fruit in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->