Vomiting for 24hours and not just morning sickness

peanut08

Reaction score
I have been vomiting since lunchtime yesterday:cry: i started with stomach cramps every 20mins the the vomiting commenced, every time i was sick i wet my pants! I couldnt even keep water down untill this morning and I have managed to have around a pint of cold water and keep it down. My dh went to the shop and got me some glucose tabs and a bottle of still lucozade to give me a little energy and since sipping the drink i have even managed to eat a little dry branflakes and upto now have kept them down :happydance:

But my worry is if i do start to vomit again how long can baby go without a proper meal and very little water?

I was at a routine hospital appointment yesterday morning and was on monitor baby was fine and i had a scan to check blood flow of placenta and waters and that was all fine too, then as soon as i got home it all went bad!

sounds like food poisoning you need to try and keep some fluids down somehow so you dont dehydrate if i was you id ring the midwife and get some advice hope you feel better soon x

Don't worry about bubs - he/she will take everything needed from your body. The main thing is for you to keep hydrated and it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Incidentally, did you eat at the hospital? My OH got severe food poisoning a few weeks ago from eating a sandwich when we went for a hospital checkup. Never again!

I don't think you'll vomit again - it seems to be easing up now.

xx

I did have 2 crumpets and a hot choc when i got there at 8.45am but i dont think it was food related bc my neice has had a vomiting bug for over a week and i think its just working its way round the family, you wouldnt think she was sick bc she is fine during the day but then wakes in the night and vomits alot but after a few nights she looked ill in the day and wasnt up for playing anymore poor kid.

But to be on the safe side i dont think i will eat at the hosp again just in case.

Probably a 24 hour tummy bug or food poisoning, glad its at least easing up a bit!! Just drink what little water you can as keeping hydrated is the most important thing. And baby will be just fine, dont worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->