*VR* Sperm results for us Girls xxxx

We're up the Spire tomorrow for the talk through so im gonna ask about the morphology and whats normal etc will report back tomorrow evening.

Will also ask if we need another SA x

That would be fab thanks. I've been worrying myself sick about it all night and have to wait for 6 weeks to test again. The doc said on 3 per cent he was borderline, but everywhere else says otherwise.

He hasn't I posted in wrong section. I didn't realise what VR meant

Ah thats fine :)

Its just a sperm count thread really... just so happend my hubby had a VR so its all fine x

Hi girls, hubby got his results back over the phone. They are as follows:

count - 60 million
motility - either 20-30% forgotten which
morphology 3%
WHAT THEY SAY THE "NORMAL IS"

Volume (mL) 2.0
Sperm Concentration (million/mL) 20
Motility (%) 50
Forward Progression (0-4) 3
Normal Morphology (%) (WHO) 30
Normal Morphology (%) (Strict) 14
Total Sperm Count (million) 40
Total Motile Sperm (million) 20

hi ladies I rang our local fertility clinic this morning and booked my dh in for another sa tomorrow at 2.30 there lab is on site so they have asurred me his sperm will not be waitting around to be tested, they said they may have the results back late afternoon so we could pick them up as they do not give them out over the phone :happydance: hope these results will be a little better

How did it go at the SA clinic?? did you get your results on the same day? hope they are better for you :dust: :dust:

hi ladies I rang our local fertility clinic this morning and booked my dh in for another sa tomorrow at 2.30 there lab is on site so they have asurred me his sperm will not be waitting around to be tested, they said they may have the results back late afternoon so we could pick them up as they do not give them out over the phone :happydance: hope these results will be a little better

How did it go at the SA clinic?? did you get your results on the same day? hope they are better for you :dust: :dust:

No I have to pick them up tomorrow after 8am, so i'll post on here after 4pm when I get home from work

new results from nhs
volume 4.0 >1.5
concentration 64 >15m/ml
motility progressive 33 >32%
non progressive 18 >40% pr&np
immotile 49
total number of
sperm per ejaculate 256 >39m
morphology 5 >4%
agglutination + small
white blood cells <1 <1m/ml
viscosity 1 1=non viscous, 3=viscous
comment on bottom of test says" good count, borderline motility
and morphology, high levels of anti sperm antibodies tobe
expected after vas+vas reversal"
this test was carried out when sperm was 30 minutes old

Right.... back from the surgeon

In a nut shell he said my hubby looks as if he's never had a vasectomy from the SA.

The fact motility is 70% over rides the low count at the moment (because OF COURSE i asked about the 9 million count seeming low compared to others)

He said he's had men of 5 million count father children with no problem as the motility was very good. He's seen men with counts of over 80 million with huge problems conceiving as motility quite poor.

Now heres the bit that really interested me and I quote

'' there is no point 'chasing' the sperm count with vitamins and potions, you have good sperm, you have an egg, you will get pregnant, you did before''

Well there you have it girls :rofl: seemed quite basic...but I can only take his word

He said the count (for us) really isnt an issue at all as such early days

Another part that made my ears prick up and I quote again

''Your sperm count will be at its highest after one year plus, if by one year you havn't concieved, then we will investigate further, but i'll expect a phone call of your good news first'' :haha:

''Plenty of sex from the both of you''

These are bits I remember :haha:

So.... to close.... We are not gonna be taking extra vits (well i knew hubby wouldnt anyway) and are just gonna carry on :sex: as before

In a nut shell he said my hubby looks as if he's never had a vasectomy from the SA.

The fact motility is 70% over rides the low count at the moment (because OF COURSE i asked about the 9 million count seeming low compared to others)

He said he's had men of 5 million count father children with no problem as the motility was very good. He's seen men with counts of over 80 million with huge problems conceiving as motility quite poor.

'' there is no point 'chasing' the sperm count with vitamins and potions, you have good sperm, you have an egg, you will get pregnant, you did before''

Well there you have it girls :rofl: seemed quite basic...but I can only take his word

''Your sperm count will be at its highest after one year plus, if by one year you havn't concieved, then we will investigate further, but i'll expect a phone call of your good news first'' :haha:

So.... to close.... We are not gonna be taking extra vits (well i knew hubby wouldnt anyway) and are just gonna carry on :sex: as before

Wow thats excellent news! Been reading this post for a while my OH hasn't had his VR yet but its booked for feb and have been reading peoples stories, he had his vasectomy 6 yrs ago in jan so gives me a bit of hope! Really happy for you and hope you get your BFP soon :thumbup:

Hi ya little lou :wave:

My hubby also had his vas 6 years ago in 2004. Your Oh will be fine :flower:

I bet you cant wait to get it all over and done with now!

Thankyou xxx

Hi ya little lou :wave:

My hubby also had his vas 6 years ago in 2004. Your Oh will be fine :flower:

I bet you cant wait to get it all over and done with now!

Thankyou xxx

I know i'm soo excited but it just seems so far away yet! Reading stories like yours gives me hope tho so thanks :thumbup: I do have a habbit of being quite negative about it all but think its just so i dont get my hopes up! I will carry on reading everyones posts and will be joining you in feb when we are actually ttc but hopefully you'll all have your BFP by then :hugs:

Yes I kept reading stories before my hubby had the VR in Aug and it kept me going!

Feb will soon come :) and once the VR is over.. you can start trying from about 2-3 weeks after :) we waited 3 weeks on surgeons words :)

Im realistic about a bfp! Anything within the next year would be fab :thumbup:

Deffo stick around though you'll learn so much x

Yeah they do say about a year dont they. Anything before that would be a bonus!! I do hope i would be able to relax and let nature take its cause but its easier said than done i think!! I am liking your very relaxed approach and hope i will be more like you (but i doubt it):haha: Infact you all seem quite calm about it!! Good luck everyone and keep the updates coming :flower: x x x

I think you gotta be chilled out :flower: Im pulling on how I was when we first had babies... relaxed and not bothered one way or another at that point! well it worked :dance:

Chilled out = stress free = regular cycles = fertile! :dance:

new results from nhs
volume 4.0 >1.5
concentration 64 >15m/ml
motility progressive 33 >32%
non progressive 18 >40% pr&np
immotile 49
total number of
sperm per ejaculate 256 >39m
morphology 5 >4%
agglutination + small
white blood cells <1 <1m/ml
viscosity 1 1=non viscous, 3=viscous
comment on bottom of test says" good count, borderline motility
and morphology, high levels of anti sperm antibodies tobe
expected after vas+vas reversal"
this test was carried out when sperm was 30 minutes old

They look better than ur 1st test if i remember rightly? Are you pleased with these Reversal xx ope you get your BFP soon xx

So pleased for you...
Bet it feels nice having it all explained to you properly...
& has hubby has a big head yet lol...

Here's to ur BFP xx

Haha he is rather smug !

Yes glad it's all over ( in a sense) and just down to making babies now

Thankyou xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member