*VR* Sperm results for us Girls xxxx

Sorry, kept forgetting to add;

He said a reason why the results were very promising, was that the tubes were joined up really well with 'flow' ( not entirely sure on that part) but anyway it's down to the operation itself that the results came in good- I think
X

excellent news... My dh tubes were joined back in the best place too dr. Said nice and thick and high up, so hopefully have a great result like you x

Right.... back from the surgeon

In a nut shell he said my hubby looks as if he's never had a vasectomy from the SA.

The fact motility is 70% over rides the low count at the moment (because OF COURSE i asked about the 9 million count seeming low compared to others)

He said he's had men of 5 million count father children with no problem as the motility was very good. He's seen men with counts of over 80 million with huge problems conceiving as motility quite poor.

Now heres the bit that really interested me and I quote

'' there is no point 'chasing' the sperm count with vitamins and potions, you have good sperm, you have an egg, you will get pregnant, you did before''

Well there you have it girls :rofl: seemed quite basic...but I can only take his word

He said the count (for us) really isnt an issue at all as such early days

Another part that made my ears prick up and I quote again

''Your sperm count will be at its highest after one year plus, if by one year you havn't concieved, then we will investigate further, but i'll expect a phone call of your good news first'' :haha:

''Plenty of sex from the both of you''

These are bits I remember :haha:

So.... to close.... We are not gonna be taking extra vits (well i knew hubby wouldnt anyway) and are just gonna carry on :sex: as before

:wave: I'm still here, apologies for being away, I'll PM you....
Anys, more importantly...you got your SA ersutls and thats great what the dr said!! I mean it only takes one doesn't it, so he's right, whether it's 5million or 80million it 'll only take one :spermy: it just deppends on whether it's got the umph to get there, which by your motility count, sounds like it has!! :wohoo: I don't know if you remember early on, mentioning my friends, well he had a 15% chance of his VR being successful as it was 13yrs after he had the Vasectomy...within a year they conceived and in Sept this year they had their 2nd!!! (my Godson) :happydance: glad you got your results though and am pleased you both stand a fab chance, that really is good!!
I e-mailed my hospital and asked how the results thing worked etc. She e-mailed back to say we have to go in with a sample, the results come back within 24hours then the surgeon sends us out a letter, so we'll have to see. that wont be until Dec, so we might not get them until early jan but we'll be pregnant by then! :haha: so we'll see xxx

Chilled out = stress free = regular cycles = fertile! :dance:

EXACTLY!!! :wohoo:

I have a great feeling that 2011 is going to be a great year for us VR wags!! :haha: I really do!!! :happydance: xx

Hi I hope you dont mind me comming in :shrug:
We've just been given our results only a small description tho :wacko:

says my OH has 26million spermatozoa/ml. Motility was seen in 60% with the majority showing moderate forward progression. I hope that the quality of the semen will be good enough to achieve a pregnancy (note how its written from consultant)

Your results sound quite good.. From what i have read on net and on here

you can always ask your dr. For more info some of the girlies on here did and got a detailed account of their results

xx

Welcome Sawah :wave:

Thanks for adding your results

They look great :D !

60% motility is fabulous :) most 'normal' results from men without a VAS etc are around 60/70% motility ..so be pleased with that :)

You'll get your :bfp: :flower:

Thankyou girls :flower:
Really hope everyone gets their :bfp:'s soon

I have looked around online and most sites seem to say 20million is considered normal so hoping that ours is good then :)

How is everyone doing?
Do you all chat in this thread or the other I have spotted calld VR wifes i think it was?

Thankyou girls :flower:
Really hope everyone gets their :bfp:'s soon

I have looked around online and most sites seem to say 20million is considered normal so hoping that ours is good then :)

How is everyone doing?
Do you all chat in this thread or the other I have spotted calld VR wifes i think it was?

Hey:wave: yes your results sound great, i cant wait to get mine so i can join in on thisthread fully lol.

When did your DH have his VR done?

Yer I created the VR wives thread, it's all the same ladies on there as it is here, but I created it as a central place for us all if you know what I mean and have put links on it to link to this thread and another VR thread. All the ladies I've been chatting to on here since I joined inSept have been amazing :flower:

Hi he had his reversal done on the 14th September :)
When do you get your results?
I will keep popping in to check as I dont usually write in other sections only stillbirth

Really hoping my cycles start to sort themselfs out now! Past few months they've been abit hectic :wacko:

Hi he had his reversal done on the 14th September :)
When do you get your results?
I will keep popping in to check as I dont usually write in other sections only stillbirth

Really hoping my cycles start to sort themselfs out now! Past few months they've been abit hectic :wacko:

:hugs:sorry to hear about your loss xx but yes do keep popping in!
We had ours done on the 13th Sept (hubby's bday):haha: and justmarried had theirs done on the 12th Sept!!(oviously a popular time!) Where did you go? we both went to BMI Park hospital in nottingham with Dr.Duncan Harriss (legend!) :thumbup:
xx

My OH had to give a sample 4 weeks after the op, we got the results 2 weeks later. Thankfully they were in the form of a letter from the surgeon, so we didn't have to interpret any results!!!

My OH had to give a sample 4 weeks after the op, we got the results 2 weeks later. Thankfully they were in the form of a letter from the surgeon, so we didn't have to interpret any results!!!

I contacted our hospital last week and my surgeon's receptionist said that our surgeon will write us a letter, I just hope its a detailed one and wont leave me asking loads of questions. We dont go until 13th dec (12weeks after vr) xx

Thankyou live-in-hope :hugs:
We had ours done at the spire in anlaby :) by a surgeon called Mr Almond.. He was very nice & said he had very high hopes it had worked well when DF had his stitches taken out
Does seem like Sept was a very popular time to have it reversed :happydance:

The letter we got was very simple, but stated that his count was 72million viable sperm, which is excellent! I just hope that my body is working properly, it has been 14yrs since I last got preggo!

The letter we got was very simple, but stated that his count was 72million viable sperm, which is excellent! I just hope that my body is working properly, it has been 14yrs since I last got preggo!

wow thats great, I guess so long as it gives you the important stuff then thats good enough. I'm sure you'll be fine, at least its lots of fun trying :blush: lol xx

wow thats great, I guess so long as it gives you the important stuff then thats good enough. I'm sure you'll be fine, at least its lots of fun trying :blush: lol xx[/QUOTE]

Yep, defo lots of trying! I think I'm out for this cycle though, don't feel preggo, and I've had all the usual AF symptoms, she usually announces her arrival a week before she comes.

wow thats great, I guess so long as it gives you the important stuff then thats good enough. I'm sure you'll be fine, at least its lots of fun trying :blush: lol xx

Yep, defo lots of trying! I think I'm out for this cycle though, don't feel preggo, and I've had all the usual AF symptoms, she usually announces her arrival a week before she comes.[/QUOTE]

aww, well you never know, so dont lose hope until she shows. I'm currently CD10 so end of next week I shall be quite busy...hopefully lol xx

Hey!! :wave:

Just wanted to update and let you know that I've booked my (well DH's) SA for 13th Dec!! :happydance: we're so excited!! I have the day off too so I can go with him.....he's a little worried though, as we live just under an hour away from the hospital and as they need it fresh (no older than an hour old) he will have to provide his sample there :haha: hope he can do it!!! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->