V's 2017 lists :)

babyv13

Reaction score
i went crazy at christmas last year and spent a ridiculous amount of money so i'm going to make lists this year and stick to them! ��

DD's birthday is a week after christmas so things on her list will be split between christmas and birthday, i don't know what will be for what yet though - i split it up once i've got the full pile. i don't think she's going to have any 'big' presents this year, just little bits and bobs. both me and her dad have big, close extended families with step-relatives, and she also gets presents from my OH's family so she ends up with so many gifts!

DD (V)

table and chair (from IKEA for her crafting)

bookshelf

headphones

clothes for her build-a-bears

magnetic atlas

joke book and some other books

orchard toys 'what a performance' game

yeti spaghetti

blo pens

face paints

leapstart

leapstart activity books

charms

hair chalks

LOL doll

charms

sticker maker

baby alive

lelly kellis

countdown to Disney plaque for stocking (we're going in march :) )

update:

unicorn fingerling

hatchimal

hatchimals colleggtibles 12-pack

OTHER PEOPLE

mum - salt rock lamp, mindful travel journal

stepdad - ??

niece - build a bear with DD's voice message, gears puzzle, countdown to Disney plaque, elefun

cousin's DD - age appropriate board game (maybe sneaky snacky squirrel)

other cousin's DD - ??

dad - black mirror season 1 + 2

stepmum - imperial candle

in-laws - ??

my grans (x3) - potted violet with decorated pots that my daughter has made

OH's brothers' kids (x4) - ?? will ask nearer the time!

FOB - ?? will ask DD nearer the time

family secret santa - ?? need to wait and see who I've got!

OH's family secret santa - travel journal

What's a magnetic atlas? Sounds like something my son would like. Great list!

What's a magnetic atlas? Sounds like something my son would like. Great list!

it's like a wooden atlas that hangs on the wall! and the countries are magnets. I was planning to get one by janod but ended up getting a different one because it was more my DD's favourite colours (she's really girly :haha:)

I got this one :) I love it so much!

it's in French but she can't read yet so :shrug: :haha:

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 8
I've bought quite a few things already!

I got 3 build-a-bear dresses with shoes and accessories for £10 off ebay :happydance: so that saves quite a bit! I don't mind that they're second hand, because it's not like bear clothes get dirty or over used really :haha:

I cashed out £38 in amazon vouchers from quidco and with that I got the map, a roald dahl joke book, and harry potter and the philosophers stone illustrated edition :)

then I used a £50 off £100 spend very code and got glitter blo pens, a sling bookcase, yeti spaghetti, face paints, and a leap start :)

last year I kept buying more and more things because they were 'bargains' but I'm determined to stick my list this year and only buy things that have money off if they're on the list!

I've got a spreadsheet and so far I've spent £72 and got £300 worth of stuff (due to sales and vouchers)

I keep adding things to my list :haha: my DD has said she wants 'a doll that eats noodles and poos them out' (why are kids so gross :rofl:) which I have figured out thanks to google is a baby alive doll. she also says she wants lelli kelly shoes, so I am going to have to seek out where they are cheapest :haha:

need to speak to FOB though because we both do 'santa' and it's not fair for me to get every single thing she asks for and leave him nothing, or vice versa. he doesn't start buying until later though and last time I asked him he had no idea what he was going to get her, so it kinda ruins my plans if I have to wait for him :haha:

have deviated off my list again :haha: but I took a few things off to make up for it! in the last week I have got a beautiful silver unicorn bracelet for £12 :) and some stuff in the argos 3 for 2:

alphabet leapstart activity book
maths leapstart activity book
world atlas leapstart activity book
L.O.L doll
glimmies x 3
hair chalks
sticker maker

I used my nectar points and a £10 voucher which meant that I only had to pay £8 in real money :happydance:

then I decided to get 3 enchantimals so I've ordered them from argos :)

total spent so far = £110

total saved so far based on RRP = £230

got these headphones today - I love them! :cloud9:

and I used more quidco money so they cost me 95p :haha:

Attachments

• headphonespic.png
    headphonespic.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
Great lists! Does she know she's going to Disneyland or is that going to be a surprise with the plaque?

Also, are you wanting some suggestions for the other list? :)

Great lists! Does she know she's going to Disneyland or is that going to be a surprise with the plaque?

Also, are you wanting some suggestions for the other list? :)

she knows she's going!

suggestions more than welcome, you always give great present suggestions in other threads :haha: think you might be the Christmas queen :xmas4:

got elefun and learning resources gears for my niece :) her birthday is on Christmas day so I'm not sure what i'll give for her birthday and what for Christmas! one present is a bear factory bear with DD's voice saying 'love you rosie <3' and the other is the elefun game and gears.

i got DD two more games since they're reduced and we love playing games! also got her a book because it's her name so i think she'll love it :)

getting soooo excited! only one more thing to get for DD (her craft table) apart from little bits and bobs :)

Attachments

• DisneyEyeFoundIt.jpg
    DisneyEyeFoundIt.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • snug as a bug.jpg
    snug as a bug.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ELEFUN2.jpg
    ELEFUN2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • gears.jpg
    gears.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
  • violet the pilot.jpg
    violet the pilot.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
i was totally grudging spending £39.99 on baby alive snackin noodles, but argos had it for £29.99 last week, and i had some nectar points left that i used which brought it down to £17.50 :D and that £17.50 was money i had made on ebay selling DD's old clothes so technically it feels like it was free :haha:

i got paid a double wage on wednesday so i've been on a big spree and am almost finished! :happydance:

*my mum - rock salt lamp
*stepdad - steve earle vinyl
*dad - clanadonia cd and black mirror box set
*stepmum - imperial candle
*aunty (OH has her in secret santa) - a mindful travel journal and a snood
* OH's nieces and nephews - an experimakes kit each, plus two pack colleggtibles for the girls (x3) and a minecraft blind box for the boys (x2)
* OH - we don't buy each other presents but i've got him 2 pairs of jeans from uniqlo from DD as he REALLY needs them
- DD's dad - two cans of spray paint (this is what she asked to get him :rofl:)
cousin's DD - happyland farm

also got DD a christmas nightie and 2 christmas dresses from boden and some extra stuff for christmas/birthday

* mineral digging kit
* melissa and doug my first calendar
* 5 more books
* a jo jo bow blind bag

then i treated myself to a pair of pyjamas from the white stuff - they're my favourite pyjamas ever but they're so expensive! so that's my christmas present to myself :)

SKINT NOW :rofl:

STILL TO GET:

* 3x potted vio lets
* 3x ceramic pots for DD to decorate
* slippers for me
* slippers for DD
* present for my cousin (secret santa)
* present for nursery
* present for OH's parents

feeling fully on the ball now :happydance:

we are down visiting my dad near newcastle this weekend and we're going on the polar express today :) then more christmas shopping tomorrow. it's snowy down here so feels really christmassy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->