Vulval varicose veins (varicosities)

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
I’m 26 weeks. In my first pregnancy 7 years ago, I had no issues (until 28wk when I had peen labour, then perm waters breaking, then severe UTI and prem delivery) but in terms of minor pregnancy issues early on I had none. I’ve been riddled this time! SPD developing, extreme nausea until 17week and now I have varicose veins... in that area!

I didn’t have a clue what it was at first, felt like I’d pulled the muscle in my groin (where knicker line meets leg) but then saw it was a varicose vein. Only 2 weeks later I realised that I’ve had masses of pressure and aching in one point ‘down there’ for about a month... now ive seen that it is in fact another varicose vein. Now I have more and they’re Avnet and feel like my bits will fall off when I stand up In total I have 4. Ugly, aching, and swollen.

Anyone any tips? I’m trying to sit down more often and keep my legs up on an evening. I don’t want any more! Support pants are abit expensive for something I might only need for 8 weeks.

Oh you poor thing!! Unfortunately I have them too :( my OB told me the only thing to fix them is to give birth, other then that don’t sit or stand for too long, apply ice when the swelling and aching is too much and keep an eye on them that they don’t become firm or reddened, or try the compression pants but as you said they are quite pricey for a short amount of time! I found an ice pack for 20 mins really helped with the swelling after a long day. Sorry that’s all the advice I have. Xx

Trying wetting and freezing pads ad icing for lil while at night. Also great after delivery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->