Waddling?! Offensive?

Loobylola

Reaction score
Does anyone get really pissed off or offended when someone says they are waddling?

THREE people have said it now, to my face and laughed. I just dont think its funny - have i lost my sense of humour in place of hormone imbalance or does anyone else think its a bit mean?

I think it's mean :hugs:

People are so insensitive! Try to ignore them. And if you are waddling it's for a good reason!

Thank you :) I feel like ive never had so many insults about my weight etc since being pergnant, its like people think its ok to mention these things. They'd never say you had a fat arse to your face before!! ha!

I don't know... I don't think it's mean at all... but I'm also not offended very easily.

Omg I walk totally normal... im noy naive I know if I was different and Idont look pregnant from behind at all... but coz im all belly it looks big and people comment on me and how I am all the time....

I was walking to the bathroom needing to pee coz bubs decided to head but my bladder and I was kinda waddling... but only coz j needed to pee.... this tool at work made a comment to everyone how funny I look now I have a waddle....
ONCE! !! COZ I NEEDED TO PEE!!!

this goes hand in hand with my angry thread hahah...
Totally right to be angry... im not a fuking penguin lol

People have been commenting /joking about waddling and pregnancy for centuries. I don't take any offence. It's natural, even if you might not notice, gait changes due to muscles loosening Etc. if I tried ti take offence at every simple comment I get I'd be a bitter woman. Doesn't phase me.

Thank you :) I feel like ive never had so many insults about my weight etc since being pergnant, its like people think its ok to mention these things. They'd never say you had a fat arse to your face before!! ha!

Exactly - EVERYONE now has something to say about whether we look big/small/fat/tired/walking funny..... it's just not kind! Can't they just offer a compliment and leave it at that?

Someone at work who I hadn't seen for a few weeks saw my bump yesterday and told me that I looked lovely. I could have hugged him! It was so refreshing - just 'lovely', not any other adjectives that people feel they have the right to throw in which they wouldn't have dreamed of saying before I was pregnant.

People keep telling me I have a small bump and it's starting to really bug me - someone even told me the other day that my bump is "so little compared to xxx" - and xxx is about 4 weeks ahead of me and expecting twins. Well DURR.

I don't think it's offensive? I'm pregnant, and I do waddle :haha:

Yeah I didnt find it offensive either. They were just pointing out the obvious with me.

I love it! Proof I'm a nice big fat pregnant girl (and yes, I also get comments about my bump being small, but also about it being big, can't win really. But every comments is further confirmation I'm pregnant so makes me smile).

But they don't point out to over weight people about there weight and that is obvious too so why point it out to a pregnant woman.. where hormonal and feel yuck towards the end so don't need it rubbed in our face. I got call a umpa lumpa and was not amused

Wouldn't be offended if anyone laughed at me for waddling at all. I think most of the time ppl are just saying it to have a laugh and make light of the situation for you, lord knows it's not easy towards the end. Surely no one would say that to be down right rude or insensitive? There again I'm not easily offended either :)

Nah. I waddle. It's pretty noticeable and funny. I can't walk normally if I try. It's the extra weight, change of balance, plus my hips now feel like they are attached to my body by two elastic bands like those old barbie dolls. So yeah. I don't bother getting offended.

I don't like the comment, I know it's true but I don't like it.

I often respond with "you walk with a babies head on your pelvic bone and we'll talk."

They soon shut up lol.

I don't personally find it offensive, but I also wouldn't joke about it with a stranger. I'd tease a friend if we were already having a laugh about how "glamorous" pregnancy is, but not sure I'd bring it up out of the blue.

That said, I'm pregnant and totally waddling and I just think it's funny at this point.

I don't think it's offensive, but I'm not offended by being called "HUGE" either. I know how it's meant, and it's not to be hurtful. I enjoy both because they remind me of how "pregnant" I look. I know we're all different, though, and I'm careful not to talk to anyone else like that, just in case they might be offended.

I don't think it's offensive? I'm pregnant, and I do waddle :haha:

This :)

Im probably harder on myself. When I get up rom a couch or lower surface I look like im 95! And then I waddle to the bathroom lol

I feel like if I make fun of myself, I can't really blame anyone else for mentioning it.

Though I suppose HOW they say it might make a difference. Or if I dislike the person already lol

I guess different things strike different people the wrong way. .. like the waddling comment wouldn't bother me. ...BUT I think i may punch the next person who says they can really see it in my face lol. ... Well gee, thanks, my face got fat. .. just what i always wanted to hear! Now THAT really irritates me, so i guess we all have our sensitivities! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->