Waddling?! Offensive?

I guess different things strike different people the wrong way. .. like the waddling comment wouldn't bother me. ...BUT I think i may punch the next person who says they can really see it in my face lol. ... Well gee, thanks, my face got fat. .. just what i always wanted to hear! Now THAT really irritates me, so i guess we all have our sensitivities! :)

My coffee lady(where I get smoothies and itialian sodas now!) Hadn't seen me for a few weeks and when I came by she said "Aw you're finally starting to look pregnant! Youve gained a little in your face!" She is an older woman, and im sure she was trying to be nice ish, but I was really second guessing that soda! Lol

Lol. I don't think it's mean! I really do waddle so its just the truth :haha:

Wish I was waddling, here I am 32 weeks, haven't gained a pound (lost 24) and still mostly wearing the same clothes. Most of the time my family gets frustrated with me when I act pregnant, ie wanting a nap, not lifting heavy things, not bending down, BECAUSE I don't look pregnant with the cute belly and the waddle and they forget I am actually 8 months pregnant and when others in the family are like 4 months they have a basketball belly, sorry my rant is over.....

It doesn't bother me. Yesterday my husband did an all out imitation of my waddle, complete with pretending to hold a drink propped up on his invisible pregnant belly...in public...and yesterday was my birthday :rofl:

I actually like the "huge/fat/waddling" comments because I know what people mean by it.

I just get astounded by people's differing opinions on my bump and how they don't mind sharing.

In the space of an hour last week I got told I looked massive by one person and that I had a lovely tidy bump by another!

As for waddling, I think I probably do but no ones commented on it yet. I guess it depends on how it's said as to whether I'd be offended or not.

I just get astounded by people's differing opinions on my bump and how they don't mind sharing.

In the space of an hour last week I got told I looked massive by one person and that I had a lovely tidy bump by another!

As for waddling, I think I probably do but no ones commented on it yet. I guess it depends on how it's said as to whether I'd be offended or not.
I agree, maybe if i WAS actually waddling I wouldnt be as annoyed by it. But im walking the same as I did before! But yes, something about pregnanccy makes people think they can say whatever they like.

This pisses me off too. I'm so sensitive about my weight anyway but why the hell the people feel the need to comment on your looks and appearance when pregnant. I've only put on a stone and a half and remain in UK size 8 clothes so i Know I'm small but got told yesterday that I look like a big round ball. Gggrrrr...... When I ignored her, she then said, I don't think it's offensive to say that to a pregnant woman, so I said you wouldn't say it to a fat person so why say it to me?

I think it would depend on who says it and how it's said, as far as whether I find it offensive or not. I'm not waddling at almost 36 weeks pregnant, so people that I see on a regular basis haven't mentioned it. But when I was 14 weeks along or so we were visiting the ILs for Thanksgiving and FIL gave us a dog toy that is a duck, and it quacks, and was going on and on about how when I got big and started to waddle then DH could follow me around and squeeze the toy, etc. This ticked me off a lot, but FIL and I are pretty much just on civil terms. He's barely been nice to me at all the entire time that DH have and have been together, so it angers me that he thinks he even has the right to joke about me.

I actually just got an e-mail from MIL this week, asking if I'm still able to walk well! MIL is usually very nice, and that probably wouldn't even bother me if FIL hadn't done what he did.

I've told DH that I refuse to waddle, and if I start waddling I'll put myself on bedrest. I was being overly dramatic, obviously, but I really hate that FIL would get a kick out of it if I was waddling! DH would most likely tell him too, as he thinks the that whole duck quacking toy was funny. :wacko:

Waddling comments don't bother me but when I'm being called tubs or fatty that kind of stings a bit because I was a size 14 uk to begin with and only just over 5 ft and I didn't look slim but I have only put weight on my bump so it does make me feel a bit down like I am properly huge even my oh told me I need to watch my weight

I find I only waddle when she's really dug deep or if I have to pee. But I hate it when people laugh at me for it.

I think my SPD makes my waddling worse :/

But I totally get why it would be annoying to some people, especially if the person saying it doesn't have the kind of relationship with you to be joking about that kind o stuff.

I'm not offended by waddling comments. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I have to admit I don't like people commenting on waddling - esp people who wouldn't normally talk to me taking it upon themselves to inform me of my likeness to a penguin.

The main reason people see me waddling is that I am in excruciating pain, my back hips and groin are painful after the first ten steps & it feels like I have been kicked on my pubic bone by a horse. So basically, I am not really ever in a good mood when my waddling shows!

This pisses me off too. I'm so sensitive about my weight anyway but why the hell the people feel the need to comment on your looks and appearance when pregnant. I've only put on a stone and a half and remain in UK size 8 clothes so i Know I'm small but got told yesterday that I look like a big round ball. Gggrrrr...... When I ignored her, she then said, I don't think it's offensive to say that to a pregnant woman, so I said you wouldn't say it to a fat person so why say it to me?

Exactly. When someone tells you youre waddling, and youve had a thing about your weight in the past, i think its really insensitive.

i dont worry bout it tbh its not really an insult its more a description of our way of walking, you should watch a youtube vid called 'pregnant and i know it' its hilarious :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->