Wahoo CD1, starting Clomid in the morning! :)

PrincessTaz

Winter's Mummy, TTC#2
Reaction score
Normally wouldn't be so happy for af to arrive, especially not 4 days earlier than expected but on this occasion I am thrilled. No nookie over my fertile time so I knew I was out and I get to start my clomid! Not had much luck without it so now I feel like I'm in with a good chance! I'll be on 50mg CD2-6, exactly the same dose and days as I conceived my ds on.

Anybody else here on clomid or just starting? Can't remember much of the side effects from the first time around but I'm pretty sure I struggled with sleep and being really irritable and snappy. It will all be worth it if it works though. So excited!!! :happydance:

Hey,
I am still waiting for the Hospital to give me my prescription for Clomid, I'm really excited to try it. Looking forward to hearing how you're going to get on. xx

Thanks you.

Today has actually been my first pill because what I thought was the start of CD1 turned out to be spotting lol.

I conceived my first on clomid, I love that stuff! Hoping ans praying I respond as well to it this time as I did first time a round.

Good luck to you x

I'm having a Clomid baby...amazing stuff!! Took 100mg for 3 months, chemical pregnancy on month 1 and BFP on month 3! Good luck ladies!

Laura that's so similar to me with my ds. 50mg CD2-6 but mc at 5 weeks after the first round and 3rd round worked a charm and we got our lovely little boy!

PrincessTaz, congrats on your little boy :) I was skeptical about it, I thought I was going to have to accept that I wasn't going to have babies...turned out I conceive very easily, just as soon as I'm ovulating!!

Hi- I've just been prescribed clomid. I actually had a loss last month at five weeks so we are going to wait a month and start at the end of may. I would be interested to know how you find it x

Hi c beary, I'm really sorry for your loss.

I'm finding it ok so far, same side effects as when I conceived my son on clomid Dec 2012. They're not too bad though: I struggle to sleep, get a bit warm even though it's not and I have been really emotional today. I have been ridiculously angry to crying in the car for 15 minutes for no real reason. Maybe that's not the clomid but it came out of nowhere.

I honestly love clomid, I wouldn't have my ds without it. Didn't ovulate at all naturally but out of 2 rounds of clomid last time I got 2 bfp but had an early mc first round.

I'm finding it ok so far, same side effects as when I conceived my son on clomid Dec 2012. They're not too bad though: I struggle to sleep, get a bit warm even though it's not and I have been really emotional today. I have been ridiculously angry to crying in the car for 15 minutes for no real reason. Maybe that's not the clomid but it came out of nowhere.

I honestly love clomid, I wouldn't have my ds without it. Didn't ovulate at all naturally but out of 2 rounds of clomid last time I got 2 bfp but had an early mc first round.

The doctors have now said I have to wait at least 3 weeks as I only had provera 2 weeks ago and I need another dose for my clomid to work as AF doesn't like making regular appearances. I have tried to look up what happens with clomid and pretty much every comment said it makes you happy to angry in a very short space of time. Xx

Hey those side effects don't sound great - although definitely worth it if you get a sticky bean at the end :happydance:

I've been put on it to improve my chances- I do ovulate each month but it's been a year and a half now and only one :bfp: last month which sadly ended :cry:

I've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility as all the tests came back normal so they want to try clomid before doing any ivf

Hoping it doesn't take too much longer now:coffee:

Fingers crossed it works for you this cycle x

Misfitsammi - how frustrating for you, hope your af decides to make an appearance before so you can get started.

Yeah that's exactly what it's like, extreme highs, then lows and back high. I had this first time around too. Poor OH can't do wrong for doing right. I was so moody earlier so he came to sit with me to try cheer me up but then I was mean and told him to leave me alone so he went and then I was mad he left lol.
Good luck x

C beary - if you're already ovulating it will probably make you super fertile and although we'd rather stay pregnant you are also really fertile after a mc so you could get really lucky and get a surprise bfp before you even start clomid.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too, good luck x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Misfitsammi - how frustrating for you, hope your af decides to make an appearance before so you can get started.

Yeah that's exactly what it's like, extreme highs, then lows and back high. I had this first time around too. Poor OH can't do wrong for doing right. I was so moody earlier so he came to sit with me to try cheer me up but then I was mean and told him to leave me alone so he went and then I was mad he left lol.
Good luck x

C beary - if you're already ovulating it will probably make you super fertile and although we'd rather stay pregnant you are also really fertile after a mc so you could get really lucky and get a surprise bfp before you even start clomid.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too, good luck x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

PrincessTaz - I picked up my medication and it feels horrible knowing that I have it sat in my bag and can't take it yet! :) I've spoken to my DH about taking them and warned him about how it might affect my mood... And he's soooo looking forward to it haha or not! Did it affect you at work at all? Only one of my colleagues knows that I'm ttc, so she'll obviously know why I'd be a moody cow.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

Normally wouldn't be so happy for af to arrive, especially not 4 days earlier than expected but on this occasion I am thrilled. No nookie over my fertile time so I knew I was out and I get to start my clomid! Not had much luck without it so now I feel like I'm in with a good chance! I'll be on 50mg CD2-6, exactly the same dose and days as I conceived my ds on.

Anybody else here on clomid or just starting? Can't remember much of the side effects from the first time around but I'm pretty sure I struggled with sleep and being really irritable and snappy. It will all be worth it if it works though. So excited!!! :happydance:

Hello, it's my first month with clomid which dr suggested for cd 5-9. I will start in 5 days and im also feeling very excited. let's hope for the best!

Misfitsammi - I got my prescription just after having af, it was so frustrating knowing I had to wait practically a full month to start. I was so happy when af arrived early for a change lol.

With my ds a few close work colleagues knew anyway so I talked about it with them but I don't think others noticed anything. This time nobody I work with knows because it's quite a new job and I haven't got a close enough relationship with anyone to feel comfortable talking about it. However people did notice my mood seemed different but I just said in hadn't had much sleep and it was the time of the month which is also true as I get the worst insomnia on clomid. Can't wait to hear how you get on with it.

And my weekend was spent working lol, and coming home from work yesterday with a black eye! Today I am off though and plan on lazing about all day in my PJs! Hope your weekend is going good x

Maraz - Good luck Maraz, keep us updated with how you're getting on. Hope the side effects are mild for you x

Afm - Took my fourth pill today. Side effects yester were ok all day apart from being warm but last night in bed I was so hot and couldn't get to sleep, kept waking up in the night so couldn't temp this morning. It is exactly same as with my ds though ans the clomid worked so fx it means it's working as well this time.

I just wish it was going faster, I hate this waiting to ovulate part. I want to see my bfp! :haha:

Misfitsammi - I got my prescription just after having af, it was so frustrating knowing I had to wait practically a full month to start. I was so happy when af arrived early for a change lol.

With my ds a few close work colleagues knew anyway so I talked about it with them but I don't think others noticed anything. This time nobody I work with knows because it's quite a new job and I haven't got a close enough relationship with anyone to feel comfortable talking about it. However people did notice my mood seemed different but I just said in hadn't had much sleep and it was the time of the month which is also true as I get the worst insomnia on clomid. Can't wait to hear how you get on with it.

And my weekend was spent working lol, and coming home from work yesterday with a black eye! Today I am off though and plan on lazing about all day in my PJs! Hope your weekend is going good x

Afm - Took my fourth pill today. Side effects yester were ok all day apart from being warm but last night in bed I was so hot and couldn't get to sleep, kept waking up in the night so couldn't temp this morning. It is exactly same as with my ds though ans the clomid worked so fx it means it's working as well this time.

I just wish it was going faster, I hate this waiting to ovulate part. I want to see my bfp! :haha:

PrincessTaz - well i spoke to my work colleague today and warned her about the possible (very obvious) mood swings that im going to be having, which shes also now looking forward to! luckily we are more like best mates so its not too bad really!
so is that another side affect then, the heat and insomnia? i am always really hot at night time anyway so im sure ill be fine with that!

how on earth did you get a black eye from work? luckily i work office hours so i dont have to work weekends or bank holidays, so i managed to go to a wedding at the weekend and spend some time with the family/in laws! xx

Misfitsammi - That's great that your friends rather then just colleagues. I was lucky enough that my colleagues were my closest friends too. They just used to laugh at me.

Yep insomnia and feeling hot are both symptoms for me, they drive me mad. I've been so tried this week from the lack of sleep. Still an emotional wreak, everything makes me cry. Every time the royal baby has been on TV I've been off again lol.

I'm so jealous of 9-5, Mon - Fri workers. I've always worked shifts, including weekends, bank holiday and nights. Hope you had a lovely time at the wedding.

I'm support adults with mental health and learning difficulties, sometimes with very challenging behaviour that leads to me having a black eye lol. Still isn't bloody fading. Hope its gone before my appointment for my scan at assisted conception on Friday x

Misfitsammi - That's great that your friends rather then just colleagues. I was lucky enough that my colleagues were my closest friends too. They just used to laugh at me.

Yep insomnia and feeling hot are both symptoms for me, they drive me mad. I've been so tried this week from the lack of sleep. Still an emotional wreak, everything makes me cry. Every time the royal baby has been on TV I've been off again lol.

I'm so jealous of 9-5, Mon - Fri workers. I've always worked shifts, including weekends, bank holiday and nights. Hope you had a lovely time at the wedding.

I'm support adults with mental health and learning difficulties, sometimes with very challenging behaviour that leads to me having a black eye lol. Still isn't bloody fading. Hope its gone before my appointment for my scan at assisted conception on Friday x

well it is official, i started my clomid today!! :) bring on the mood swings, heatwaves and whatever else is going to be thrown in my direction. I have to have a scan on the 1st of june, however they said it is later than they would usually like....so we shall have to wait and see.

how are you getting on PrincessTaz? xx

Misfitsammi - yay for being on clomid train :wohoo:

If they're bothered about how late why not just scan you earlier in your cycle?

I'm doing well thanks, had a nice strong O. Just got to have blood tomorrow to confirm with progesterone levels but I'm sure I have Od. I'm 6dpo and started testing today, bfn as expected but still time. I'm feeling really hopeful, been having a a few symptoms too. Pray this is the cycle!

Hoping you don't have too many awful symptoms from clomid. Make sure you keep me updated on here or in my journal xx

Misfitsammi - yay for being on clomid train :wohoo:

If they're bothered about how late why not just scan you earlier in your cycle?

I'm doing well thanks, had a nice strong O. Just got to have blood tomorrow to confirm with progesterone levels but I'm sure I have Od. I'm 6dpo and started testing today, bfn as expected but still time. I'm feeling really hopeful, been having a a few symptoms too. Pray this is the cycle!

Hoping you don't have too many awful symptoms from clomid. Make sure you keep me updated on here or in my journal xx

I'm lucky I got an appointment at all, the hospital down here is always so busy that you never get any appointments for anything!
Fingers crossed this is the one for you, perhaps it was just a little too early :) how exciting for you.
However bad they might be I just have to remind myself why I am doing this, it's my first wedding anniversary on Thursday so we were hoping to have an anniversary baby, but will be a few or so out if it works, it would just be perfect. My AF is ridiculous, there's just so much, but I am wondering if it's because of provera? I don't usually get my AF at all, I am so not used to this. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->