Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Ashley thats the same month dh and I hope to do our ivf transfer! It will be here before we know it!

krissie I hope the clomid works for you! gl! thanks for the warm welcome I hope my process works first time around!

kksy thanks I hope it works first time around its just not a fun process!

Has anyone else heard about what happened in Paris today? It said on the news that 140 people in all were killed. :nope:

Tara - I've heard a little bit about what happened in France. It's very, very tragic. :cry:

Welcome Cashmere! :flower:

Baby fever hit me really quickly and all at once every time. I have three little ones and after I had each of them, I got broody pretty quickly. However, this time around I was a lot more reserved about it. When my OH finally agreed to TTC, I freaked out. We've been TTC for almost a year now and there's still some days I freak out about it. :haha:

almostthere - Congrats on moving your date forward! I bet you're really excited! :)

kk - I hope you're feeling better and no one else got sick. :flower:

krissie - I'm so glad your appointment went well and you were able to get clomid. :)

Can clomid help you ovulate earlier? I am pretty confident that I ovulate every cycle, however, it's always late into my cycle. I was wondering if clomid might be an option to discuss with my doctor once I start going back in January.

Ashley - Welcome! :flower:

Hi Squeaker :) I started talking to my doctor about my health/fertility long before I started TTC. However, I've been having issues with my periods for many years, so if it weren't for that, I don't think I would have discussed it until shortly before we started trying. But in my case, I wanted to know what was wrong, what impact it had on my fertility, and what could be done about it. Still took me until the 6-month mark of TTC to get most of the answers, though.

AFM - Still TTC. Waiting to ovulate and it's boring :haha: But, if my body cooperates, I should be testing right at the beginning of December. Other than that, things have been busy - between the kids and OH, I don't have a whole lot of time to myself. And with the holidays coming up, it's going to be even worse. :wacko: That being said, I am enjoying it and looking forward to the next couple months. :)

Aidens- I am pretty sure clomid can be used to bring o forward and make it stronger.

Thanks ladies! I cannot believe that my Oh agreed on a date. It was actually his idea so I wasn't walking around all grumpy not knowing when he would agree! Lol. Im getting so nervous for the jump from 1 to 2.

My mom and I got to see Roxy today!!!!!! :happydance::cloud9: They were here for at least four hours!! :thumbup: She actually smiled at me when I was holding her!!! <3 I don't think I've loved someone as much as I love my niece!!!! <3 <3 <3 I can't believe she'll be four months old tomorrow!

krissie - If that's the case, then I'll bring it up to my doctor when I start going back. Thanks :)

Tara - I'm glad you got to see Roxy today :) Aunties definitely have a special bond with their nieces/nephews.

She can move around so much more now than when she was first born.

krissie- so happy to hear your appointment went well!! sounds like you all have a great plan moving forward :thumbsup:

Tara- no special plans this weekend, just spending time with the family. That's great that you got to see Roxy! You won't believe when she starts scooting, crawling, walking, running....she will just continue to grow and change so much in the months to come. Definitely fun being an aunt!

Ashley- welcome! i've added you to our list (second post). Let me know if your dates change and I will update! I am also waiting for #2 with a 19 month DS and feel the same nervous/excited feeling that you do. That's really cute that your DH brought it up....it's nice knowing that our spouses want a baby too :) Do you have anything you are hoping to accomplish while you wait?

Squeaker- hello! i've put you on our 2017/2018 list of gals :) I started talking to my doctors about 3 years before we started to try. I was on pain medication and needed to work with them to find other solutions so I could stop taking it. It took about a year to get off it and needed to be off a minimum of a year before we started to try (I wound up with 2 years, which was a good thing). With my OB/GYN, I mentioned it to her about 8 months before at my annual. Because I wasn't on BC, had regular cycles and no previous losses- there wasn't a lot to talk about. She said to start taking folic acid (which I already was) and that was it! If you have concerns, there is no reason to not mention it now as it gives you time to identify any issues. If you don't have concerns, I would bring it up at your annual before trying :flower:

aidens- good to hear from you hun - I'm so sorry that it has taken so long for you all and have had losses along the way...but I know that your forever baby will be in your arms soon...I hope you O soon!

almosthere- have you thought about if you are going to transfer just one or both of your frosties?

AFM, I've had a nasty migraine all day today. i'm incredibly grateful to my husband who has been tending to DS and got him down for his nap. I pretty much just laid in bed all morning and early afternoon. It's finally subsiding and looking forward to it being completely gone. 3 more days to my appointment!!

She can walk a bit when someone helps her by holding her hands.When she tries to talk it's soooooo cute!!!! <3 :cloud9:

AFM, I've had a nasty migraine all day today. i'm incredibly grateful to my husband who has been tending to DS and got him down for his nap. I pretty much just laid in bed all morning and early afternoon. It's finally subsiding and looking forward to it being completely gone. 3 more days to my appointment!!

Are you going to a doctor for the migraines or something else? I get migraines too and just this year I got a new doc who took my migraines seriously and has been working with me to get them under control. :thumbup: I have never been happier. It's the first time I have been able to stop a migraine and not suffer; first - with the migraine itself (kill me amiright?) and second - with the days and days of headachy pain afterwards.

It has been amazing to finally have some relief but these meds she has given me are not approved for pregnancy, so I am woking on some non-medicinal treatment options. Its one of the things that makes me scared to TTC. My birth control helps me with the hormonal migraines, and without that, I have no idea what is going to happen on the migraine front :nope:

Are you going to a doctor for the migraines or something else? I get migraines too and just this year I got a new doc who took my migraines seriously and has been working with me to get them under control. :thumbup: I have never been happier. It's the first time I have been able to stop a migraine and not suffer; first - with the migraine itself (kill me amiright?) and second - with the days and days of headachy pain afterwards.

It has been amazing to finally have some relief but these meds she has given me are not approved for pregnancy, so I am woking on some non-medicinal treatment options. Its one of the things that makes me scared to TTC. My birth control helps me with the hormonal migraines, and without that, I have no idea what is going to happen on the migraine front :nope:

I also get migraines. I've had frequent headaches much of my life but when I got pregnant with my older daughter, I started getting actual migraines. They got worse after I had my younger daughter and have gotten even worse over the last few years. I started seeing a neurologist last year after a migraine landed me in the emergency room. The neurologist ordered an MRI and some blood tests, but we never really discovered what was causing them. I eventually got nerve blocker injections in my head (I'm pretty sure that's what they were), but those didn't do much good.

My headaches/migraines are really weird - they come in cycles. For 1-4 months I'll be almost completely headache free, just the occasional one here and there. But then for the 1-3 months after that, I'll have headaches daily and many of them turn into migraines. And then, out of nowhere, they'll stop again for a while. This has been going on for almost two years and my neurologist wasn't sure what to make of it. It isn't because of any lifestyle changes or expose to triggers. :shrug:

I have no idea what I'm going to do for migraine relief once I actually get pregnant. Right now, I survive on a lot of Excedrin and caffeine, but that's not an option when I get pregnant. I have heard of something called a Daith piercing that supposedly helps migraines. It keeps popping up on my facebook feed (such a trustworth source, I know :haha: ) and it's made me curious. I'm considering giving it a try, especially since I'm in a headache cycle.

I'm going to the doctor to sort out my hormones after weaning DS as I don't think my progesterone is correct...but migraines are a part of that as well. I used to get terrible, knock you out for 5 day, hormonal migraines related to my period. 4 days before through CD 1 would be constant pain that nothing could relieve. Once I got pregnant, they disappeared and haven't come back yet. It was one unexpected perk, even pp, that i have thoroughly enjoyed! However, because they haven't come back, along with other symptoms, leads me to believe my levels are out of balance. I'm hoping that by balancing they won't return, but kind of expect them too :( I hope you are able to find a solution that works for you :flower: (and that they disappear completely in pregnancy and afterwards so that you can have a break!)

Aidens- I saw that pop up too on my feed today but never looked into it...if you do and it works you'll have to let us know! hope you are able to get some relief. Like I said above, when I got preggo mine went away...I used to take Excederin Migraine as well and it wouldn't do anything for it

Hi everyone, dropping by to say hi and update my status :)
I asked DH nicely (hehe!) and we'll be starting to NTNP. :happydance:
Thanks for your company during my frustrating WTT period earlier this year, and I hope to see you all on the other side soon xx

Yay!! Congrats skycastles! You are more than welcome to still hang out around here and keep us updated! Are you NTNP now or in December (per your ticker)? I'll get you updated on the front page!

I also get hormonal migraines. They started after I have DS. I had maybe had 5 before him but after I was getting them frequently and linked them to my cycle. I can always tell when my period is coming because of that. :nope: Thankfully I have been able to control them with over the counter meds but I have missed several days of work this year for them so I am considering seeing a doctor.

Congrats skycastles. I hope it is a quick journey for you!!

Afm, I am back to wtt. We are preventing at least this month and I am pretty sure until February. I decided a late summer/early fall baby was not going to work with my work schedule. But I figure November on is doable. I still prefer a spring baby but I just don't want to risk it taking to long. Thankfully our odds are better now that I have some meds and a doctor working with me. But my paranoia is there.

Oh yes, gotta take my incorrect ticker off the signature.
NTNP now, thank you!
But my next ovulation is around Xmas or NY, so nothing happening till then.
I will hang around if you don't mind :winkwink: because I think I'll be on the forum more often now.. been reading through the pages trying to catch up to where everyone's at. Time really flies when you're not looking!

Aidens- I saw that pop up too on my feed today but never looked into it...if you do and it works you'll have to let us know! hope you are able to get some relief. Like I said above, when I got preggo mine went away...I used to take Excederin Migraine as well and it wouldn't do anything for it

I've convinced OH to let me go get it done (he's not a huge fan of piercings), so I might get it done within the next few days. I figure the best time to try it out would be during a time when I'm having frequent migraines and headaches. At least then I'll know pretty quickly if it's working or not. After I get it done, I will definitely let you all know how it goes :thumbup:

Hi everyone, dropping by to say hi and update my status :)
I asked DH nicely (hehe!) and we'll be starting to NTNP. :happydance:
Thanks for your company during my frustrating WTT period earlier this year, and I hope to see you all on the other side soon xx

Congrats on moving on to NTNP! :happydance:

I also get hormonal migraines. They started after I have DS. I had maybe had 5 before him but after I was getting them frequently and linked them to my cycle. I can always tell when my period is coming because of that. :nope: Thankfully I have been able to control them with over the counter meds but I have missed several days of work this year for them so I am considering seeing a doctor.

Congrats skycastles. I hope it is a quick journey for you!!

Afm, I am back to wtt. We are preventing at least this month and I am pretty sure until February. I decided a late summer/early fall baby was not going to work with my work schedule. But I figure November on is doable. I still prefer a spring baby but I just don't want to risk it taking to long. Thankfully our odds are better now that I have some meds and a doctor working with me. But my paranoia is there.

I hope that your time WTT goes quickly for you and you don't have to TTC long when you start again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->