Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Hey everyone! :wave: I hope you're all doing well!

Still TTC and it's been a very long, heartbreaking process so far. I had a chemical in June and then a miscarriage in September, which was devastating. I'm still looking towards the future, though. Soon I will have my rainbow baby :thumbup: I've been trying hard to take a step back and not focus on TTC as much, but sometimes it's way too easy to get caught up in it. I'm definitely looking forward to the holidays and I've started my Christmas shopping. :xmas12: Also, other big news is that OH and I have to push our wedding back. Unexpected expenses mean that we won't be able to afford it in February. But we're thinking of doing it on October 13, 2017 (Friday the 13th - we aren't normal :haha: ). So that's pretty much all that's new. Sorry I haven't been very active here. I do check in frequently, I just normally don't get around to posting. I'll try to be better, but I can't make promises. :winkwink:

Racham - Welcome to the group :flower:

I also have PCOS, although I'm not sure how bad it is. There's visible cysts all over my ovaries, but I only have a very mild insulin resistance and all of my other labs came back normal. :shrug:

I do ovulate on my own, however, it's late into my cycle. I track ovulation with ovulation tests and checking cm. It works well for me, although it took some practice to fully understand it.

Hey aidensxmomma! :)

How's everyone's Halloween? Mine's good but we didn't get a lot of kids at all only 15-20. Now my mom and I have the candy to ourselves. :haha:

Lindzy came over about an hour ago with Roxy,her brother and sil.Roxy was dressed up as a giraffe.She looked sooooooo cute!!!! They didn't stay long because Roxy was crying and very fussy.After Lindzy got back to her mom's she told me Roxy's doing better now,she needed her diaper changed and she was hungry.

Lindzy's brother and sil were dressed up as bank robbers and their son was the bag of $.It was a very inventive costume and cute.

Did anyone's children dress up for Halloween?

I dressed Christian up as Linus from Peanuts. He was cute but not a lot of people got it. It was still fun. He unwrapped a sucker by himself and ate it. It was super cute. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Aww that sounds like a cute costume.Does Christian have a blanket like Linus?

This morning my period started which surprised me because it wasn't supposed to start until next Tuesday.According to the app that I use to track my cycles it said that I ovulated two weeks ago on Tuesday.Now I'm guessing I ovulated earlier than that but I'm not too worried about it starting this early.Usually my cycles are 30 days and this cycle was 29.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good but felt like it went by fast.

Tara- he's a pic of him. I finally put shoes on him and he was walking with them. He kept walking down our sloped yard and kept going to fast. He thought it was fun.

I wouldn't worry to much about your period. So many things impact them. And where you are normally regular that is a great sign.

My weekend went by so fast. I spent yesterday cleaning and doing yard work. Today was rainy so just stayed inside and snuggled.

Attachments

• 3880-1.jpg
    3880-1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 4
He's so cute!! Roxy likes to snuggle too.When they were here yesterday she snuggled right into Lindzy's chest because she was tired.She even looked at me and cried it then after looking at me she looked at Lindzy's sil.It was too cute since she was trying to tell us what was wrong.

Whenever I see her she looks at me a lot.I'm guessing because she recognizes my face and not to mention she likes it when I hold her. <3

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the forum and look forward to getting to know you all. :hugs:

My husband and I finally decided to begin trying for our first little one in March 2016! We both love children and would begin to try sooner, but he's due to finish school in December 2016. So, even if we miraculously conceived the first month TTC, he would be done with college by the time he/she arrived. We're both young (24), but have been together since we were both 15 and married since July 2013. Even in high school, we would talk about the children we would have with one another, and I can't believe that time is almost here!

Sadly, I was diagnosed with PCOS last week, which was beyond devastating. :cry: The only symptom I have for my amenorrhea is a high level of testosterone. My thyroid, insulin, weight, and actual ovaries are all healthy. Even so, my doctor said that I would need to be on medication to ovulate, but I plan to try the natural route before March. I'm a health nut and dread having to take medication.

I am a little tempted to talk to my husband about trying earlier, because of my diagnosis (and that it may take longer than usual), but March is just too perfect. Again, he will be done with school by December, there is time to try and naturally regulate my cycle, and his family will be happy that we waited until his graduation is in the near future. :flower:

As of now, I am on Provera, because my cycle hasn't been here since June. My doctor had fun convincing me to take it, especially since I do not even take Advil for a headache. But, she also told me that the uterine lining can become cancerous if not shed every three months. I enjoy being healthy, but not that stubborn! Since I can already feel myself going crazy by waiting for something that I have wanted since I was a little girl, I hope you don't mind me hanging around here and trying to regulate my body back into normalcy before we actively try!

Hello! :hi: I've added you to our list (second post). Please let me know on here if your dates change and I can move you around!

My DH and I were also high school sweethearts and started dating when we were 16. We had our first little one when we were 26 so following a similar path as you are! What is your husband studying in school?

I'm sorry to hear about your PCOS diagnosis. I have seen a lot of women on these boards (including several in this thread!) that have successfully gotten pregnant and had healthy babies. I hope your TTC journey is a short one!

Aidens- good to hear from you hun :flower: I know it has been a hard few months for you and I'm glad you are excited and looking forward to the holidays! Definitely agree with Krissie that the wait on your wedding will be worth it to have it just as you want it!

Mrs Eddie- so great to hear from you! I can't believe how old Ethan is getting to be already! How is everything going with him and Isla? How is it with a toddler and infant? i am really worried how I'll handle it and would love to hear some (completely honest) feedback from someone going through it now!

Krissie- he is adorable!!! Charles does the same thing with running down a hill. He will sit there and do it over and over again and just laugh running down. It is so much fun as they turn into toddlers!

Tara- I'm glad you got to see Roxy this weekend! Hope you had a wonderful day today as well!

AFM, things are going great! Charles went as Winnie the Pooh for Halloween. He had SO much fun trick or treating with his cousins. He loved going up to the doors but insisted on picking his own candy and putting it in his bucket (a honey pot of course) when he was standing on his own (as opposed to being held). He would push to the front so that he wouldn't be forgotten, lol. We were able to keep him up until 8:00 (an hour later) to help with the time change but it was still a bit rough today. He went to bed tonight at 7:30 and hoping that by tomorrow night will be back on our normal schedule.

5 months and counting! Looking forward to seeing my ticker say 4 months X weeks/days tomorrow!

Well we are officially in the four months range for now.. We may push TTC back depending on how my therapy with things are going. I'm supposed to get my iud out in January.. So we shall see.

I really hope that the therapy helps hun. Definitely the best idea to take care of yourself first :hugs:

I really hope that the therapy helps hun. Definitely the best idea to take care of yourself first :hugs:

In some ways I'm really upset because I'm so ready to start TTC but then I'm also happy this is now and not when we've already started. We aren't pushing it back just yet, but realize we might have to.

I can't believe it's already November already!!!! This year is going by fast!!!! :wacko:

I haven't been here in forever but wanted to pop in and say its November already cant beleive it come on 2016! Our start date is up in the air still hoping to start ivf in spring/early summer!

I know!!! Less than two months to go!! It really has gone by fast. I remember it was November last year DH started talking about ttc #2. I was pretty sure he was crazy!!

almosthere- I hope you get to do your ivf then. That looks like it is a little sooner than planned based on your signature.

Gagrlinpitt- You really do have to take care of you first. Even if it delays ttc a bit at least you know you are the healthiest you can be. But I know it is hard! I have delayed ttc in the past due to my health and it is a tough one.

Afm, not much going on over here. I have an gyn appointment on the 11th so I am hoping to talk about my cycles and what I need to do to look at getting back on Clomid. We have been ntnp/ttc since June. But I have been tracking my cycles and know I have only ovulated twice. So it would be nice to get a game plan in place to start something in May or so if nothing happens before then. This is a new doctor so I am not sure what he is going to want to do. I just hope I don't have to go through all the testing.

What exactly is clomid?

Clomid is a fertility drug used to induce ovulation. It binds to estrogen receptors which causes the body to produce more estrogen and fsh. That in turns causes the egg to grow and then lh surges and you ovulate. Femara works on the same principle.

Is it just me or is this week going by fast? I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday!

Yep, going fast here too. So glad! I finally got some antibiotics so I hope I start feeling better. Doctor said my dizziness is likely from my ear infection and sinus infection.

Hopefully they help you feel better.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling too good.I had a headache that felt like it was throbbing right against my forehead plus I felt sick to my stomach.I usually feel good so I don't know why I felt like that.Today I feel much better!! :thumbup:

It's Friday!!! :happydance: Anyone doing something special this weekend? I'm not doing much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->