Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Sorry krissie- missed your update earlier. Hopefully the time waiting will help get your body in line and the clomid will work first cycle! How many clomid cycles did it take for Christian? I'll move you to the February list for now, but just let me know if its different and I can change :flower:

Aidens- I hope it works for you!

I also get migraines. I've had frequent headaches much of my life but when I got pregnant with my older daughter, I started getting actual migraines. They got worse after I had my younger daughter and have gotten even worse over the last few years. I started seeing a neurologist last year after a migraine landed me in the emergency room. The neurologist ordered an MRI and some blood tests, but we never really discovered what was causing them. I eventually got nerve blocker injections in my head (I'm pretty sure that's what they were), but those didn't do much good.

My headaches/migraines are really weird - they come in cycles. For 1-4 months I'll be almost completely headache free, just the occasional one here and there. But then for the 1-3 months after that, I'll have headaches daily and many of them turn into migraines. And then, out of nowhere, they'll stop again for a while. This has been going on for almost two years and my neurologist wasn't sure what to make of it. It isn't because of any lifestyle changes or expose to triggers. :shrug:

I have no idea what I'm going to do for migraine relief once I actually get pregnant. Right now, I survive on a lot of Excedrin and caffeine, but that's not an option when I get pregnant. I have heard of something called a Daith piercing that supposedly helps migraines. It keeps popping up on my facebook feed (such a trustworth source, I know :haha: ) and it's made me curious. I'm considering giving it a try, especially since I'm in a headache cycle.

I have been through all the testing too. No one found anything. I guess that's good but it would be really nice to have an answer!

It sounds like the Daith piercing is more anecdotal than anything, so I am not swayed yet. I think I would try acupuncture first. Sometimes things that stop migraines in one person causes migraines in another... I am to scared to risk it, it sounds pretty permanent!

I'm going to the doctor to sort out my hormones after weaning DS as I don't think my progesterone is correct...but migraines are a part of that as well. I used to get terrible, knock you out for 5 day, hormonal migraines related to my period. 4 days before through CD 1 would be constant pain that nothing could relieve. Once I got pregnant, they disappeared and haven't come back yet. It was one unexpected perk, even pp, that i have thoroughly enjoyed! However, because they haven't come back, along with other symptoms, leads me to believe my levels are out of balance. I'm hoping that by balancing they won't return, but kind of expect them too :( I hope you are able to find a solution that works for you :flower: (and that they disappear completely in pregnancy and afterwards so that you can have a break!)

Aidens- I saw that pop up too on my feed today but never looked into it...if you do and it works you'll have to let us know! hope you are able to get some relief. Like I said above, when I got preggo mine went away...I used to take Excederin Migraine as well and it wouldn't do anything for it

I am really hoping that I get to be like you and have them vanish! That would be unreal. Maybe your hormones are correct now and before they were off before giving you the migraines? That would be cool, like your body re-set itself :) One can dream right?

I also get hormonal migraines. They started after I have DS. I had maybe had 5 before him but after I was getting them frequently and linked them to my cycle. I can always tell when my period is coming because of that. :nope: Thankfully I have been able to control them with over the counter meds but I have missed several days of work this year for them so I am considering seeing a doctor.

My cycle is such a big part of the hormonal migraines I get. I also get regular ate-the-wrong-thing migraine, tension-headache-to-migraine migraine, stared-at-a-bright-light migraine, heard-a-loud-noise migraine and whatever other thing feels like giving me a migraine that day.

I work very hard to control my triggers, but when something happens I get to take the good drugs my doc gave me :thumbup:

I use my birth control continuously to prevent the hormonal migraines and it works pretty well.

I have to give up the good drugs and the birth control when we start TTC. Its going to be scary :cry:

I also hope that my body resets itself to where they don't come back, that would be amazing! My mom gets them too and so far I seem to follow very closely to her so I'm fully expecting them. As soon as I'm done bf'ing the next baby, I want to go on hormone supplements to ease the progesterone drop (which is what triggers mine).Im hoping we catch in the first few cycles (was 3 cycles with DS) so I Dont have to deal with them again for awhile :)

I've thought of trying acupuncture as well but am too much if a pansy with the needles lol

Thanks Kaity. We conceived Christian on our first round of clomid.

Good luck at your appointment I hope your doc will help you figure out if you are having a hormone problem.

So hopefully come February you get your next little bean settled right in there first go again!

Thanks- I'm optimistic she can help get things back how they should be!

Hi everyone, dropping by to say hi and update my status :)
I asked DH nicely (hehe!) and we'll be starting to NTNP. :happydance:
Thanks for your company during my frustrating WTT period earlier this year, and I hope to see you all on the other side soon xx

Congrats on your move to ntnp!! :flower:

I've always had trouble with migraines. Doctors couldn't find anything! When I was pregnant with my DS, not one migraine!

Lucky for me, I've never had migraines but two weeks ago I had a headache where it felt like my forehead was throbbing and someone was hitting my head with a hammer.

I told my oh that I need to get pregnant ASAP again to get rid of these darn things!

I'm going to see Mockingjay Part 2 this Friday!!!! :happydance: I bought my ticket online last night and just need to scan the bar code of the ID # that was sent to me or input the # and I get my ticket!!! I'm excited to see it!!! :thumbup:

hi ladies the migraine thing is horrible. I get the dizziness side of them and it can be really horrible never had this problem until about 6 months after giving birth to my ds...I swear the hormonal changes triggered this

Went to the doctor today and so happy with how it went! She ordered blood tests to teat FSH and TSH levels, was really happy I was on B6 (thanks for the suggestion gals!) and also wants me to take chaste berry. She feels it will all sort itself out in time but is testing to make sure nothing going on (and have enough time to correct if there is)and hoping the supplements help speed it along. She said that if we try for 4 months and arent pregnant to come back in and will try femera. I Dont anticipate needing to do that, but it really puts my mind at ease knowing she would step in at 4 months and not make us wait a year! So all in all, I'm really happy! Ovulated today, so CD 13..we will see how long my LP is this month..hopefully the b6 is already working!

Wow that's great Kaity! I used chaste berry and really like it. It definitely helped regulate me.

Tara- enjoy the movie. I want to go see it. My mom said she'll watch Christian on Christmas so we can.

Great to hear krissie! She said it will take 6-8 weeks to start working but that still gives me 3 cycles fully on it before trying.

That's great you get to see the movie Tara! I'm going tomorrow night with my SIL for a girls night...going to watch part 1 again tonight after my workout!

Almosthere- sorry that you also suffer from them...hopefully they go away for you when you get preggo next and not come back!

Yes, I've heard it can take while. I started my period after a week or two and hadn't had one in several months. Then I got it again around a month later. This was back in 2006 so it's been awhile.

I'm glad your appointment went good Kaity!!

Last night a friend of mine I made during my apprenticeship told me the chef that taught us quit so there's two new chefs but the new students in the app aren't learning much.I'm so glad I finished the app when I did!! :thumbup:

Speaking of working,I dropped off my resume at a restaurant near my house it's pretty much in walking distance.One of the owners said other people have dropped off resumes so I'm not sure if she's going to call or not. :shrug: I also called back this pizza place about a job there and the woman said her boss would call me next week if I get an interview or not.Hopefully I do!!

I am looking forward to seeing Mockingjay part 2 tomorrow and I know I'm going to cry.I cried when I read the book when Prim died so I better bring kleenex with me in the theater.

kk - I'm so glad you're appointment went well and you've got a plan in place for when you start TTC.

Tara - Hopefully you get some call-backs from the places you gave your resume to. :thumbup:

almosthere - I'm sorry to hear that you get migraines, too. :hugs:

AFM - Almost halfway through the tww and it's dragging by. But I think OH and I are going to see the Mockingjay Part II this morning :happydance: The only time we can go is in the morning because the kids are in school and we don't have to find a sitter then. :haha: I'm so excited!

I really liked MJP2!!!!! I did cry which wasn't a surprise and I'm glad I saw it. :thumbup: The mall was crazy busy since it was a PD day here and the holiday's are coming.At Hallmark I bought Roxy her first Christmas card! I can't remember exactly what it says right now lol but it has a mirror in it so she can see herself in it.

Earlier I found a picture of my grandma and I when I was a baby.I look about 5 or 6 months old, not only that but I think Roxy looks a bit like me.I'm too tired to post the picture here tonight but I'll try to remember tomorrow night.

Anyone have special plans for the weekend? I don't have any plans tomorrow but on Sunday we're going to visit my grandma for my aunts birthday and have cake! :thumbup: It's been so long since I've had cake. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->