Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I tested last night with the clearblue fertility monitor and got a circle- not likely to ovulate. Just now I got a bold smiley, not even flashing which means peak fertility! We bd last night, and just now!

Kaity-I want to get a tattoo on the outside of my right arm between my elbow and wrist saying "not all scars are visible".I'm going to look on google for different font ideas.

It was really hard for me not to say anything on facebook when I found out I was going to be an aunt.I didn't post anything until after my dad found out.

My niece arrived via c-section on the 17th! 6lbs 11oz and 18.5 inches long. She's doing well, although my sister-in-law is having complications.

They were planning on inducing the 21st, but SIL started having a fever and her stomach was tender to the touch so they worried the amniotic fluid was infected. Baby wasn't doing too good when they went to get checked out, but after they gave oxygen and started an IV she looked better. Since they were worried about infection and I believe some other things they went ahead and delivered her.

Now my SIL is showing signs of HELLP syndrome. They started her on magnesium last night and if her platelets kept dropping they were going to give her some. My brother is freaking out over it all. They're in they Air Force in Florida so there is no family around so I feel horrible about the lack of support. I wish I could just hop on a plane and get down there.

That sounds awful, AliJo! Prayers for healthy mom and baby!

Ok, ladies. I'm on my way to my surgery now. I'm hoping everything goes well, that they get all the abnormal cells and that there aren't any complications. I'd appreciate any positive thoughts or prayers you could send my way.

Hope you're all having a good Tuesday!

Congrats on your brand new niece but sorry about everything going on with your SIL, AliJo! I hope that she gets well soon and that everything turns out to be okay, keeping your family in my thoughts. :hugs:

Ser - I hope that everything goes well today! Good luck hun, you're in my thoughts. :hugs:

Well I'm supposed to have 2 week appointments now but my OB was on vacation during week 30 so we made an appointment in advance for yesterday and he ended up coming home from his vacation with the stomach flu so we had to reschedule my appointment for Thursday. On the plus side I got the results back from my 3 hour GTT and everything is normal so I don't have GD! :happydance:

Thank you guys!

Last I heard she was starting to improve! I haven't heard back after her last blood draws, but I'm sure she's getting better.

Ser - Hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly!

Kalon - Great news!! Sorry your appointment got pushed back, but sounds like things are going great!

I can't believe it's been a year already since I had my first seizure!

So Mirena removal was incredibly easy, not painful and very quick. I've had it in close a year and a half and really haven't had AF at all. I had heard that it may take a little time to return the way it was as the uterine lining gets thinned out. Well AF came with a vengeance starting yesterday! Guess that wasn't the case! Ugh... at least I can start tracking it and getting familiar with my cycles again.

Oh this is so good to hear!! My Mirena removal is scheduled for March 1st so once February hits I will be on the countdown!! I still get a light period every month so it will be interesting if my AF comes at its usual time or directly after the Mirena removal?

Best wishes!! :dust:

I think you should get your period as scheduled. I believe I was due for mine a day or two prior to removal. So I think the removal just kick started it into actually coming. It was short lived and lasted 3 days. But at least it was something so now I can start charting!

I think you should get your period as scheduled. I believe I was due for mine a day or two prior to removal. So I think the removal just kick started it into actually coming. It was short lived and lasted 3 days. But at least it was something so now I can start charting!

Did you have a cycle on yours? I'm on my second one and I didn't have any type of cycle until about three months ago when my anxiety war of the charts. Since November I've had one or two day(s) a month of spotting and they have been about 27 days apart which I'm going to assume is my period..

Ali- co grants on being an aunt again!! It really is amazing. My oldest niece is 15 and it's just been wonderful watching her and the others (I have 6 total with the youngest age 6) grow up. So so scary about your SIL. Glad to hear she is showing some signs of improvement!

Ser- :hugs::hugs: I hope that everything went smoothly! What does the recovery time look like. I really hope they got all the abnormal cells

Keely- congrats again on not having GD! :happydance:

Tara- wow! I can't believe its been a year already! Are you still on your medications for it? Will that be for the rest of your life or are they hoping to be able to control it another way?were you able to find any font ideas for your tattoo?

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :flower: It went fine, other than some anxiety I had before it all. They put me to sleep for it, so when I woke up it was over. So far I haven't had any cramping, but I've heard that that can happen.

Ser- :hugs::hugs: I hope that everything went smoothly! What does the recovery time look like. I really hope they got all the abnormal cells

Thanks! The doctor said no DTD for two weeks. I also asked her about when we can TTC, but she was very unclear. I don't particularly like this doctor, she very wishy washy and never seems to want to give me her medical opinion. She was pretty much like well, some people say you should wait a bit but the studies to support that aren't that good. You could wait 6 months or you can just do what you think is best. :dohh: Not those exact words, I'm paraphrasing, but over all, very unhelpful. She was like that when discussing my abnormal biopsy results too.

I'm considering switching ObGyn practices again, but I've already switched once and now I'm out of referrals from friends. I left all my doctors back home when I got married and moved to MA. There are a bunch of other doctor's at this office, so I can just request not to see this particular one but then with babies and labor, you get whoever is on call. :/ I don't know what to do.

Hmm...you can always set up consultation appointments so that you can kind of interview different doctors before making a decision. That's what we did when deciding on a pediatrician. Sounds like you can start trying anytime after 2 weeks to me :)

Hmm...you can always set up consultation appointments so that you can kind of interview different doctors before making a decision. That's what we did when deciding on a pediatrician. Sounds like you can start trying anytime after 2 weeks to me :)

I was talking to DH about the possibility of doing that, but I feel like I would feel weird! *lol*

I'm ok with waiting a little bit, DH and I were thinking of the spring, but that's not 6 months! The original plan was the summer, but I'm eager to start things sooner with these abnormal results. Like, I want to make sure we have our babies now, just in case something happens with my health later, you know?

I can completely understand wanting to try sooner for health reasons. This time I had a 1 year stretch of time that we would possibly TTC in and we ended up trying the very first cycle I would have wanted to and got pregnant right away. I was nervous about asking DH since he'd been annoyed with me bringing up baby #2 in the past but I was so happy when he said yes. I think it's worth it to take the leap and ask when you want to as your OH might surprise you. :blush:

I would start ttc as soon as you feel comfortable. I think spring is a reasonable amount of time to heal.

I'm trying hard not to stress about ttc and go with the flow. But I am really failing! It's like I made up my mind I want to get pregnant and now I'm obsessing. I'm really hoping it happens this cycle or next.

As far as I know,I'm on the medication for two more years.I've been a bit lazy at looking at fonts. :haha: Some of them look the same to me. :shrug: I did find one on microsoft word that I like and might use it unless I find one I like online.

Last night I had a dream that I wanted to use an opk to track my period. :rofl: I have no clue why I would dream about that or why I would use an opk to track my period.

I had such a vivid dream last night! The first dream I've remember since I was pregnant with DS!

I was pregnant with twin girls and was in labor and the nurse kept checking me telling me how many cm I was and I was bouncing on a ball! Lol

My birthday is in March. So I have arranged for my mom to take ds over night. So now I am trying to decide what to do. I kinda want to go to a spa. I've never been and since it's my 30th I figure something special would be nice.

I'm also thinking I'm going to look into laser hair removal. I'm thinking I'm going to set up a consultation soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->