Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Tara I can't believe she's going to be a year old already! Happy early birthday to Roxi and I hope that she has a great birthday party. :D

Mrs Eddie - I really love having 2 even though DS is at that pain in the butt age. When it was just DS it always felt like someone was missing from our family and I hated that feeling. DD really was just the perfect addition and I can't imagine things having gone any other way. I'm really happy with both of my babies and I love seeing them together, they love each other so much and I can tell already that they're going to be best friends. :cloud9:

Aidens - Congrats on your rainbow boy, I'm so happy for you! I can't believe that you're 32 weeks already. :hugs:

Ashley - I never had any protein or swelling with DS and I was diagnosed in labor with him. Chances are really good that you won't have it again, especially since baby has the same dad as last time. I'm not really certain about the science behind it but apparently your risk of pre-eclampsia occuring again reduces significantly if your kids have the same dad. I was so relieved when I didn't have it a again and labor this time around was so much better.

Hey how is everyone? I'm doing good I applied for college yesterday so I'm excited and nervous about that.Tomorrow is Roxy's first birthday party!!! :happydance:

Hi all! It's been awhile since I've been on and wanted to get all caught up really quick!

I went through and got our front page updated. I love how many of our ladies here are pregnant/have had babies. Praying that everyone who is trying or still waiting will have their babies in their arms soon :hugs:

trickyl- i'm so sorry hun for your loss :hugs: i can't imagine how hard it must have been. how are things going this month for you?

FX- so nice to hear from you!! how are things going being settled into the new house? i'm sorry for AF hun :hugs: pray you see your BFP soon

krissie- how have you been lately hun? when do you head back to school? happy way belated birthday to Christian!!

aidens- you're nearly in the home stretch now! how are you feeling? And that is crazy that your OH's mom was allowing your BIL to spread those lies with his identity (i'm like a month behind on this thread catching up lol). Any other updates? so happy your testing all came back normal. what a relief that must be for you! My little guy was on the smaller side as well. He was in the 4th percentile at birth. i'm sure even if he is small he will catch up quickly. Are they concerned about IUGR

Tara- i can't believe Roxy turned one! how was her party? what did you wind up getting for her? aww..i love that she is walking! it's so much fun watching them learn and grow. how was her party? and congratulations for applying to college! what are you hoping to study?

ARuppe- congratulations on being down 13 pounds!! That is awesome! Are you following a program running or doing it on your own? i did the couch to 5k program last year and really loved it

alli- good to hear from you! i'm sorry that your first round of clomid didn't work :hugs: i'm glad you are feeling less pressured going into this round. where are you with your cycles? ooh! a big trip! where are you heading to?

tobemum- hello and welcome! :hi: September is going to be here before you know it. Are you hoping for a certain gender this time around? I've added you to our list (second post). Let me know if your dates change and I'll get you moved! i'm a SAHM and i have such respect for moms who work and take care of their kiddos because i dont know how they do it!

mrseddie- oh my goodness, it's so nice to hear from you!! i can't believe ethan is almost a year old already..where did that time go?! how have you been?

ashley- i'm sorry your little guy has to get his tonsils out :( hope everything goes smoothly for you. glad you've been feeling good and haven't had any issues yet. FX that continues! congrats on third tri!!

keely- sorry about the rough sleep :( i hope it gets easier for you once Thea is through the regression. and that's so sad that liam has been having nightmares. i've heard it's common in toddlers to get night terrors but must be so hard while going through it. enjoy cloth diapering! we did it off and on for the first year (CD during the day, disposables at night). I stopped after a year because we were in the middle of moving and just didn't have time to keep up on laundry. i'm hoping to primarily CD #2 as well! What brands are you looking into?

AFM, i'm doing pretty well. It's been a fun summer so far and have lots of fun plans for the coming months. I'm 15 weeks and MS has finally gotten better. I've still had a couple bouts but mostly it's been gone for the last 2 weeks. We've decided to stay team yellow this time (yikes!) so hoping i can make it through the ultrasound next month without being tempted lol. my little guy is doing well with school, though the drop offs are still very hard. I think we are going to continue the 2 mornings a week into the fall. then he will take the winter off (no thank you to him getting sick and bringing it home to a newborn). He will go back next summer and then start preschool in the fall. He is still is being red flagged for apraxia but we've been making a lot of progress lately. I'm hopeful he will not be diagnosed and catch up. but if he is, it's not a big deal and we will get him into an early childhood center for preschool to prepare him for school.

kk - I'm feeling just awful :haha: In general, things are going well, don't get me wrong. I'm just very uncomfortable, especially with the heat. I'm so ready to be done and meet our little boy already. On the bright side, on the days that aren't super hot/humid I seem to have more energy and motivation, so things are starting to get done around the apartment and we're almost completely ready for baby.

As for BIL, we're not really sure what's happening with him. The police did transfer the charges to him and drop them against OH but we haven't heard much beyond that. Odds are that he might be facing some jail time for it, though. We won't know anything for sure until after BIL's court date, which isn't until September. With OH's mom, we're not even sure what to do about her. She's not going to get into any legal trouble, but she's made it very difficult to want to have her around at all after the baby is born. There's a whole lot of history where she's let down OH throughout his life and this is just kind of the breaking point, iykwim?

I think right now the doctor is somewhat worried about secondary IUGR - the baby's head is measuring at around the 50th percentile, but his stomach and legs are smaller. The doctor said he's not worried yet, but it's something we need to pay attention to. My doctor's biggest concern is that the placenta is possibly failing, I believe. I'll have another ultrasound around 36 weeks to see how things are going and we'll take it from there.

I'm glad that you're morning sickness has gotten better :) Good luck for staying team yellow! I couldn't do it...I tried when I was pregnant with Seraphina and the second the tech asked if I wanted to know, I broke down. :dohh: This may sound like a dumb question, but what's apraxia?

Tara - I hope Roxy's party went great! :happydance:

Keely - Thank you so much! :) Time seems to be flying and dragging all at the same time during this pregnancy. About 6 weeks left now. :shock:

i'm sorry you're so uncomfortable :( That's one thing i'm grateful for- not having to be super far along in the summer. We've been in a heat advisory for a few days and will go through Saturday. i have enough of an intolerance as is without adding a belly in too. I hope the heat breaks for you and it can help a bit!

And sorry about your MIL. I FULLY understand having people in your life that you think you can rely on and find out you can't. Hopefully once baby is here, you'll be so busy focusing on them and your other kiddos that you wont even have time to think about her.

glad to hear your doctor is keeping such a good eye on you. praying that your little one will be all caught up on your next scan!

and thanks! i'm hoping to stay strong....DH is the one that wants to wait and I want to find out with him, so I'm waiting too.....just hopefully i dont crack :haha:

and it is not a dumb question at all! I had never heard of it before my DS's therapist brought it up either. Basically, it is the dyslexia for speech. There's nothing wrong on the receptive end, but on the verbalization of sounds/words. When you hear a sound, there is a misfire between hearing the sound in your mind and being able to form your mouth muscles correctly to imitate that sound. So if you hear an M sound, you might say an E sound. They wont diagnose until age 3 so we have awhile to go. He's only just starting to imitate sounds that you give him so there really isnt' enough history yet to properly see if he does in fact have it. He says a LOT of different sounds and combos and uses a lot of sign language to communicate. but only has a couple full words (mama,dad, papa and three) It's just getting the right sounds/words associated correctly and using them properly that we are working on. If he does have it, it will be something he will always have. But you can train your brain to work around (without realizing it most of the time) the issue to get the language out.

Like I said, it's not the receptive piece. I have had many people say (including my husband)...so does it mean he's slow? and i can't tell you how angry it makes me. i feel for parents of kids with mental and learning disabilities who must deal with others comments all the time. it's so hard because all you want for your kids is to be "normal." to not have to struggle and walk through difficult times, especially at a young age. i'm fearful of other kids bullying/being mean to him when he gets into school age if he is still struggling. so my (very sensitive while pregnant) momma heart is just trying to protect him by helping to teach others :flower:

Aidens- so sorry the heat is bothering you. I hope it cools down some for you. It's great your doctor is watching you close. You will have your little guy in your arms in no time! We limit contact with mil because she said horrible to dh and so manipulative.

Kaity- thanks hun. I'm happy to hear Charles expressive language is coming along. From a development stand point the fact he's picking up sign language so well is great. Most of our 3 year olds that come into our developmental preschool lack most expressive language.

Christian is doing really well. He has close to 30 words he uses appropriately and without prompting. He repeats a lot of sounds and words and is so curious. His pronunciation is horrible but I'm not worried since taking only been 3 months and I've already seen him pronounce words better.

I go back to work August 8th. It's going to be so hard because we have a fantastic summer. I really wish my reduced work schedule would have worked out. But it is what it is and it will be okay in the end. I'm lucky I get so much time off with ds.

Things are good here. I am 4 dpo on another clomid cycle. I started progesterone last night so I'm really hoping for a sticky bean!

Aidens - I'm sorry that your OHs brother has been so manipulative and horrible. :nope:

Kaity - We're starting out with Soft Bums. We might branch out to other brands eventually but Soft Bums came the most highly recommended from both friends and the internet and Colin feels like he can use them without it getting too confusing or too much of a hassle. Our first Soft Bums actually just came in the mail today! The print is Rainbow Connections and I love it, it's so bright and colorful and fun. :D :kiss: <3

Roxy's party went great!! :thumbup: She really liked her smash cake and ice cream. Actually she likes all food not just dessert. :haha: She's such a good little eater and eats pretty much everything.

Did anyone of you not let your children play on their own? Or hold them all the time? I'm asking because Lindsay's brother and sil don't really let their son Liam play on his own.At Roxy's party he cried quite a bit even when nothing happened whereas Roxy didn't cry at all.It just seems like they never let him be. :shrug:

Christian plays alone a lot. And I rarely hold him during the day. That's mostly because he is so busy and doesn't want held though. I am actually really happy with how independent he can be. He self entertains well. He also understands boundaries pretty well since he has been able to test them and I have been able to set them.

Sounds like Roxy had a great party! :thumbup:

I've always encouraged DS to learn how to entertain himself. I play with him when I can but when I have to tend to DD's needs or get some housework done or simply just need a break to myself I'm really grateful that he's perfectly okay with playing on his own.

Roxy is pretty independent too already and doesn't like to be held very much. Sometimes she gets upset if I pick her up unless she wants to cuddle or if she's tired.

With Liam his parents seem to hover over him and never let him be.

Oh if you ladies want to add me on Facebook my name there is Tara Verbridge. I posted some pictures there from Roxy's party.

Katy: Glad to hear your MS has calmed down! I can't believe you are in your second tri already; so fast! Being Team Yellow is great :happydance:

And glad to hear that Charles is doing well with school! I hope that he doesn't end up being diagnosed but at least you are already aware that it may be an issue and can get him the help he may need right away.

I'm so excited for our trip: it's two weeks in Spain followed by one week in London.

Krissy: I can't believe you have to go back to work so soon! When does the school year start for you? Here, school doesn't start until after Labour Day in Sept so my teacher friends don't have to go back until the very end of August or beginning of Sept.

Fingers crossed the progesterone works its magic this cycle and it's a successful one!

Tara: I'm glad Roxy's birthday went well!

Aidens: Sorry you are struggling in the heat! That is absolutely no fun for a pregnant lady :hugs:

~

I am halfway through my TWW for Clomid cycle #2 (although it's more 2.5WW for me since I won't test unless I hit 18dpo). I've definitely been more relaxed so far, mostly because things have been so hectic in the last couple weeks that I don't think about my chart past inputting my temperature in the morning. I did check this morning and was totally surprised to see that I'm 10dpo.

Our next few weeks are going to be bonkers since my mom had to make a last-minute flight back home to the Philippines (her mom is in the hospital) so we lost our childcare quite abruptly. She will be gone for most of August which is going to be the craziest month ever since we are finishing off a house reno, packing up to move house, and also packing up for a three-week trip two weeks after we move.

We've managed to put together patchwork childcare coverage but I've already had to call in late to work when one babysitter got stuck on a bridge because of an accident. This first week has been the worst to cover because it's such short notice.

That being said, Cai has just been rolling with the punches and been as happy as a clam. He is so close to my mom and I thought he'd be distraught with her not around, but he has taken to his babysitters quickly, and is not struggling with a new morning routine in the slightest. This morning he sat on his potty (sadly, not actually making a pee or poo), and sang to me while I showered.

Alli- my first day back is August 8th. Teachers come back the 15th and students the 22nd. But my last day of work was the Friday before Memorial day so we get out pretty early.

So sorry to hear about all the stuff going on with you right now! Hopefully things settle soon and you get your bfp.

The grade schools and high schools are done here at the end of June.They go back the day after Labour Day.

Been a long time since I've been on this thread but I wanted to stop by and let everyone know I've moved over to TTC! I am on CD5 today after coming off the pill, super excited for next week to really be trying.

Good luck in ttc!!! :dust:

I'm still waiting to hear back from the college if I've been accepted or not. :coffee:

When did you apply Tara?

Good luck Symphony.

Not much going on here, on my last round of clomid before I switch to femara.

I applied on July 15th for the Educational Support program.

Why are you switching to femara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->