Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Thank you! That's exactly how I think I will feel too aidensxmomma! There will be 5years between my youngest and 7 years with my eldest.

I was supposed to be going to part time work now but now that we have decided to go again I need to keep working full time to get maternity leave! Aaarrrggghhhh I was sooo looking forward to a break!

How does everyone else go with work and kids? My husband works 12 hours shifts 6 days in a row too!

Aidens: I hope your ultrasound went well today! It's always so exciting to get a peek at baby :happydance:

Tobemum: Welcome! September will be here before you know it!

My husband and I both work full-time but we only have one kid and our mums are around to cover childcare. It's pretty easy for us :blush:

Tara: Books are the most wonderful present! There are so many wonderful choices out there. Sandra Boynton and Karen Katz are both popular and prolific baby book authors, and Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell has been one of my son's favorites since he was an infant. Most of Eric Carle's books come in board book format as well.

tobemum - I don't work, so I can't be of much help. I've been a stay at home mom the majority of my kids' lives. At the times when I did work and go to school full-time, I had my mom or grandma to take care of the kids for me, so it wasn't hard to work around. I'm home full-time again while my OH works 12-hour night shifts. So we don't need to worry about regular child care. Although if we do need a babysitter, we are pretty much screwed. :haha: We don't live by family anymore and I only have two friends I would trust my kids with. They're both moms themselves so they're pretty busy.

AFM - My ultrasound went okay. LO is doing really well for the most part. We did determine that he is in a frank breech position right now (butt towards my hips, head towards my ribs with his feet by his head) and he is small. I'm not sure exactly how small he is compared to where he should be, but it's enough that we have to pay attention. There's some concerns that the placenta might not be working as well as it should be. :nope: I'm quite worried but my doctor isn't yet, so I'm trying to relax. I've got another ultrasound in 4 weeks, so I'll know more then.

I work full time. But I am a school psychologist so I have a lot time off during the summer and through the year. I love that aspect of my job because I can focus on my kiddo.

The rest of thr time my mom and friend watch him and he goes 1 day a week to daycare but that was our choice. I really enjoy our set up.

So interesting to hear how everyone does it. The plan is I go part time for a while after this next baby comes along. It is so hard though as we have no family where we live and only a couple of friends.

Aidensxmomma - How far along are you? My youngest was breach at 32 weeks then had turned by the next scan. Also I have read that they can't tell weight all that well from the ultrasound. No point worrying yourself over it yet.

So interesting to hear how everyone does it. The plan is I go part time for a while after this next baby comes along. It is so hard though as we have no family where we live and only a couple of friends.

Aidensxmomma - How far along are you? My youngest was breach at 32 weeks then had turned by the next scan. Also I have read that they can't tell weight all that well from the ultrasound. No point worrying yourself over it yet.

I'm 31 weeks now.

My older daughter was actually breech until 38 weeks, so I know there's still time for this LO to turn. And DD1 was a big baby at 8lb10oz so if this baby is, in fact, smaller he will have a higher chance of turning than she did. I just like to worry myself over everything :haha:

Having no family around is tough. Right now, OH and I live about 2 hours away from our families. While that's not horribly far, it's too far for us to drop the kids off at grandma's for a couple hours. lol. When my older ones were younger, I did live close to family and I really miss it now.

Welcome! I have three boys myself, 14, 3 and 1! I am a full time worker and my bf (kids father) stays home with the boys. We are trying for our fourth and last baby and hoping baby sticks this month!

Aidens-glad to know the scan went well, maybe baby will just be small, try not to stress!

Tara- Sounds like she is getting big and she is adorable too! my little guys love books, especially the board books that you can feel! :)

Dh and I both work full time office jobs. Ds goes to daycare 3 days a week then spends a day with my in laws and a day with my parents. It's a nice blend of everything and works well for us, though expensive.

Thanks ladies for the recommendations on the books. :)

Anyone doing special this weekend?

I am never on here anymore but wanted to pop in quickly and say a huge congrats to you Aidens on your BFP; I'm so happy for you.

Both my DH and I work full time; we have no family here so kids will go to day care ft when I'm back at work. My daughter has still been going part time while I've been on mat leave and loves it; I think Ethan will too.

Hope you're all doing well!

Hey Mrs eddie ltns!!!

It's official Roxy can walk on her own now and doesn't need to hold anyone's hand!!! :happydance::cloud9: I saw her walk yesterday when were visiting my grandma and on Friday she's turning one!! This first year went by fast!! :wacko:

Hi ladies! Just checking in! How are you all doing?! I've been crazy busy with my ds- he is having his tonsils removed soon. 7 bouts of strep in 8 months.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant now and it feels like it's flying!

Yes I know! It seems like I was just telling you all I was pregnant! I'm feeling pretty good! No swelling or high bp yet like with DS. So far so good!

Ds is hitting the terrible twos hard though. He is quite naughty lately

Yes I know! It seems like I was just telling you all I was pregnant! I'm feeling pretty good! No swelling or high bp yet like with DS. So far so good!

Ds is hitting the terrible twos hard though. He is quite naughty lately

Did you have pre-eclampsia with your first DS? I had it with mine too and if it makes you feel any better I did not have it again with my DD. :)

Mrs. Eddie it's good to hear from you hun! :hugs:

How is everyone? We're not sleeping well over here. I think DS has been having nightmares and DD is teething and going through 4 month sleep regression. :sleep: :coffee:
On the bright side DH agreed to slowly make the switch to cloth diapers! :D

I was very borderline Pre eclamptic. We were waiting for protein to show in my urine but it never did. I had crazy high bp and swelling, terrible headaches. Etc. I was admitted numerous times the last few weeks of my pregnancy for days at a time for monitoring. I'm hoping it doesn't happen this time!!

Hey Kalon :hi:

Can't believe your little girl is 4 months already! How are you finding life with two?

Mrs. Eddie - So great to see you! And thank you :) This pregnancy has flown by. I think I've got 7 weeks left at most. It's starting to feel really real now.

Tara - I can't believe Roxy is going to be turning 1 already! Is she having a big birthday party to celebrate?

Ashley - I feel like you just told us you were pregnant and now you're 26 weeks. It's gone by really fast. Sorry that your DS has to get his tonsils removed. But hopefully no more strep then.

Keely - It's nice to see you too! :) Sorry to hear that you're not getting much sleep. Hopefully everyone starts sleeping again soon.

AFM - Doing pretty well. This head/humidity has been awful, though. Sleep is getting more difficult too. I'm so ready to be done, but I've still got about 7 weeks left.

Aidens- I cannot believe you only have at most 7 weeks! How exciting.

Ashley- that really has gone fast.

Mrs. Eddie- your little guy is almost 1! That's crazy.

Yup her birthday party is on Sunday at my brother and sil's place.I bought her a few things and my mom bought her the highchair that Lindsay wanted.It should be a fun day!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->