Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Sorry I haven't been on for a little bit, we've all been sick and we also got the internet back so we've been addicted to Netflix and League of Legends. I also needed a short break from social media because there have been too many people TTC and announcing pregnancies. I'd be handling it a little better if it were people with kids that were at least 2 years old (or would be by the time the next baby was born) but it's literally all people with children younger than my only 14 month old son. When did having a less than 2 year gap become the new meta? I know that I'm not ready for another one yet and have actually been wondering lately if I even will be in 7 more months but it doesn't make it any less hard to deal with. In turn it makes me feel like an awful person because I should be nothing but happy for them, it's just hard not to feel left out or resentful towards DF for making me wait.

It's hard, isn't it? I was feeling so awful about myself yesterday, being jealous that they're pregnant and then guilty because I would love to be pregnant, but know I'm not ready for a 2nd. Who knows if I'll ever be really. But it seems like everyone is getting pregnant with small age gaps, and think down on me for wanting a large one.

Big :hugs: Keely, nice to see you on here!

:hugs: to you too Tweak, waiting is very tough!

Kk- exciting that your lo started crawling!
We've been invited to a couple we're both friends with and there are going to be lots of other people we know, so i'm really looking forward to new years eve :)

I feel so blessed that my family all live close by! Makes the holidays extra stressful if you have to travel, esp with kids, i would think.

The holidays are actually what keeps me in a good mood during the cold and dark months. I hate leaving the house in the dark and coming back home when its already dark again..

I'm on the bus home right now and it's actually the first time in over a month that i made it out the office without doing overtime!
But i ordered a white christmas tree and it should have been delivered today, so i really hope it did so i can set it up and decorate it :)
i feel like the holidays still bring out my inner child and i just can't wait to pass that magic on to an actual child :D

Kk- that is so exciting Charles is crawling.

I am grateful we live close to my mom and sister but sad my dad lives so far. About 8 hours and that is just not doable with the weather and ds. As I mentioned before we are not on good terms with the in-laws so just hoping they stay away, they live about 2 hours away.

I am hoping we can start some of our own traditions but haven't decided on what those will be.

I have never really considered a large age gap. 3.5 years was kinda the biggest we wanted. We decided to start trying after a year since we had problems getting pregnant the first time.

Hey everyone. I've only posted once in this thread, then took a break from bnb. Had some really struggling times with my sassy 2 year old. Toddlers, man....

Starting to feel left out! A lot of my friends are pregnant and I'm sitting here like ........... yup. I know I'm not 100% ready, and neither are our finances. But this jealously/guilty feelings won't go away! :(

We're staying home this year for Christmas. My husband is a funeral director, and he's on call this year, so we have to stay home. It's okay; our first Christmas home in our new house so we went and got our Christmas tree and decorated it Sunday. First REAL Christmas tree. So far, A has been doing real well with it, and so have my cats!

Hello and welcome back! I must have missed your post when I was making our list (it was 3am so I'm not surprised lol). I've added you to the list (second post). Let me know when you have a date and I will move you! I get the same way with knowing it is best to wait but still feeling jealous towards others. I was 5 days late last month and it really made me see I am more ready than I thought. It will be worth it to wait though, just hopefully it passes by quickly for us all!

Keely- So sorry you all were sick! Feeling better now? Watching Netfix together sounds amazing and a great way to get some good family time in. And everyone needs a break from social media sometimes. Just remember that you are making the best decision that you can for your family and you get two payoffs in the end- your dream wedding and a new squish. I hope it goes quickly for you :flower:

cupcake-sounds like you all will have a great time! And I've never had a white tree before but I think they are SO pretty all decorated up....looks like a snow covered tree in the living room! I hope it showed up for you to decorate :)

krissie- i hope your in-laws stay away or are able to resolve everything and have a nice holiday season

I also wanted to send my sympathies to Radiance, who found out yesterday that her little girl had passed. They named her Elena Rosalie. I'm not sure if she still reads this thread or not but my thoughts and prayers go out to her and hope she can find healing and peace during this time

Hi!

Im WTTC until June 2016 when I'm in my last year of a midwifery degree. It drives me mad we're not trying already

Hey everyone. I've only posted once in this thread, then took a break from bnb. Had some really struggling times with my sassy 2 year old. Toddlers, man....

Starting to feel left out! A lot of my friends are pregnant and I'm sitting here like ........... yup. I know I'm not 100% ready, and neither are our finances. But this jealously/guilty feelings won't go away! :(

We're staying home this year for Christmas. My husband is a funeral director, and he's on call this year, so we have to stay home. It's okay; our first Christmas home in our new house so we went and got our Christmas tree and decorated it Sunday. First REAL Christmas tree. So far, A has been doing real well with it, and so have my cats!

Hello and welcome back! I must have missed your post when I was making our list (it was 3am so I'm not surprised lol). I've added you to the list (second post). Let me know when you have a date and I will move you! I get the same way with knowing it is best to wait but still feeling jealous towards others. I was 5 days late last month and it really made me see I am more ready than I thought. It will be worth it to wait though, just hopefully it passes by quickly for us all!

We'll be TTC probably August/September 2016. I hope it passes quickly! I have a feeling it will - these past 2 years with A have gone crazy fast!

So my cookies turned out better than I thought they did. :happydance: My mom said they were pretty good and I made 34. The recipe called for 24 but I think I used more peanut butter than I should of. :haha:

At the party the volunteer coordinator's grandson was there and he was soooo cute. <3 He's just over a year old and was walking around everywhere. He even snuck up on me when I was getting milk out of the fridge for my coffee and watched me put cream on my hands.

Krissie your son is sooooo cute. He has that "huh" look on his face.

Thanks tverb. That was part of out family pictures last weekend. I cannot believe he is already 5 months!

I am glad your cookies turned out. Those are one of my favorites..

Hi!

Im WTTC until June 2016 when I'm in my last year of a midwifery degree. It drives me mad we're not trying already

Hello! I have added you to our list (the second post). Please let me know if your dates change and I will update. It is exciting that you are going for your midwifery degree! How long does it take to go through the schooling?

We'll be TTC probably August/September 2016. I hope it passes quickly! I have a feeling it will - these past 2 years with A have gone crazy fast!

updated!!

Sorry I havn't been on much ladies - such a stressful couple of weeks!

I also wanted to send my sympathies to Radiance, who found out yesterday that her little girl had passed. They named her Elena Rosalie. I'm not sure if she still reads this thread or not but my thoughts and prayers go out to her and hope she can find healing and peace during this time
ah bless, how very sad :( My thoughts are with her also :hugs:

I know it's probably quite silly of me, but i'v never thought about a funeral director needing to be available at chirstmas! I hope he doesn't get called out too often and you get to enjoy time together during christmas :)
I completely understand you feeling left out in regards to friends being pregnant! I know 6 people who are pregnant and i know 4 that have just had babies. I'm not ready just yet either but can't help little pangs of jealousy aswell!

I'm very sorry to hear of her loss. My thoughts are with her and her family during this difficult time. :hugs:

Tweak - I also getting really jealous when my friends/facebook friends announce that they're pregnant. There hasn't been many lately, but for a while there seemed to be a new announcement every day or two. I think that it's pretty common for us ladies-in-waiting to have a little jealously and guilt, even it we aren't quite ready yet.

littleone - Welcome :flower:

AFM - I have some news....my OH has decided that we can NTNP. :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm super excited but also extremely nervous. Half of me wants to keep waiting a little longer and the other half of me definitely does not. So until I make up my mind, I'm sticking in here (as long as you ladies don't mind keeping me). I can't believe that after all this time and hating the wait so bad, I'm indecisive about whether I'm ready. :dohh:

AFM - I have some news....my OH has decided that we can NTNP. :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm super excited but also extremely nervous. Half of me wants to keep waiting a little longer and the other half of me definitely does not. So until I make up my mind, I'm sticking in here (as long as you ladies don't mind keeping me). I can't believe that after all this time and hating the wait so bad, I'm indecisive about whether I'm ready. :dohh:

Yaaaay! how exciting!!! :happydance:
I think it's natural to start questioning yourself sometimes as it's such a big decision - I questioned myself the other day about our date but was reassured by my OH :)

I don't know what's up with me today ladies but i'v got such bad baby cravings :haha:

I know it's probably quite silly of me, but i'v never thought about a funeral director needing to be available at chirstmas! I hope he doesn't get called out too often and you get to enjoy time together during christmas :)
I completely understand you feeling left out in regards to friends being pregnant! I know 6 people who are pregnant and i know 4 that have just had babies. I'm not ready just yet either but can't help little pangs of jealousy aswell!

Ha, yes. Unfortunately, they get calls. I thought his boss got one last year. They rotate holidays, so every other year he's on call for Christmas and every other year he's on call for Thanksgiving. Opposite years. So it's nice to get to stay home every other year, instead of packing up and heading to my parents. I really hope he doesn't get any calls either!

Woot! :happydance: Congrats that's exciting!!

Yay Aidens, I am so happy for you, what exciting news :happydance:

Bakedbean, I think the holidays are making more broody than ever. There's something about being around family and friends during the holiday season that makes me so excited about expanding our family....

Awesome news Aidens!! Of course we want you to stick around! I think I will add a NTNP section. I can leave your TTC date where it is if you'd like but hopefully by then you will be expecting!

I know we have a couple other Mommas who are NTNP currently so just remind me who you are and I'll add you to that section as well!

Awesome news Aidens!! Of course we want you to stick around! I think I will add a NTNP section. I can leave your TTC date where it is if you'd like but hopefully by then you will be expecting!

I know we have a couple other Mommas who are NTNP currently so just remind me who you are and I'll add you to that section as well!

I'm also NTNP, thanks KK :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"