• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Happened to a friend of mine. What was worse was it was her first! Imagine having to get everything together for one in three months... talk about overwhelming!

Must be a good pregnancy if you aren't sick or really tired or don't notice anything unusual though!

I've seen a lot of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I think that would be crazy too. My mom didn't find out that she was pregnant with my brother until she was about 4 months pregnant because she never had a period between me and him (I was 19 months old when she weaned me and fell pregnant).

Happened to a friend of mine. What was worse was it was her first! Imagine having to get everything together for one in three months... talk about overwhelming!

Must be a good pregnancy if you aren't sick or really tired or don't notice anything unusual though!

Actually the woman in the show gave birth almost right after finding out she was pregnant. Her son was healthy despite not knowing she was pregnant until the third trimester.

I think that's how all of the women are on the show. I believe that they needed to go up until the point that they went into labor not knowing that they were pregnant to qualify for the show.

Today at the gym I saw a woman that works there who's pregnant. She didn't look too far along about 3 or 4 months. My baby lust was high when I saw her. I don't want to wait any longer but I know I'm not ready yet. Sometimes it feels like I'm going nuts. :wacko:

What makes you feel like you're not ready if you don't mind me asking?

The reasons that we aren't ready yet are that I would need a job, we'd need to save a certain amount of money, and our DS is still too young for us to be having another baby in our opinions.

I want to go to college next September (2015), I need a job, I still live at home and I love having time to myself. I don't feel like giving that up yet. :blush:

Those are all very valid reasons for waiting. :haha:
Definitely enjoy that time to yourself while you can. I had no idea how much I would miss it until I had DS. That's probably because I stay at home with him and don't have a car so I'm almost never able to leave the house. DF tries to take me out bumming around town once a week for a couple of hours though.

June 2016 is looking more and more like the time that we'll start trying. I'm not feeling very optimistic about saving all of the money that we're hoping to by the time that June 2015 gets here. It's all going to depend on when I can finish my medical billing and coding certificate, how soon I can get a job afterward, how much money I'm making, and how much we can put into savings. If I finish around January, get a job by the end of February, make at least $30,000 or $40,000 a year, and at least 3/4 of my paycheck is able to go into savings then we shouldn't have a problem saving what we need to for June 2015. If none or even one of those things does not happen then there is no way, we'll have to wait until June 2016.

I suppose depending on the situation we could start trying in September 2015 instead, but I'd really rather have a March or April baby if I can help it. Being heavily pregnant all last summer really sucked, so it would be nice to have a nice, cool third trimester the second time around. Besides, if we didn't get pregnant in 3 cycles we'd have to take a break until June 2016 anyway and that would be more disappointing than simply just WTT the whole time. We're going to be gender swaying for a girl, so chances are likely that we wouldn't fall pregnant straight away, but I'm positive that we'd still get pregnant within 6 months. The reason that we would need to wait if we didn't get pregnant during the fall season is that I don't want another fall baby or a winter baby. I don't want another fall baby (aside from the fact that I already have one) because DF and I both have birthdays in the other two months of fall besides DS. I don't want to cram all of our birthdays into one season. I don't want a winter baby because of all of the holidays and bad weather. A spring or summer baby however is perfect, and I don't mind waiting an extra year if it means that I'm practically guaranteed to get one.

We had a baby-chat yesterday (me and the Khocolateman). I'd been getting all worried because of some issues at work that might mean no stability/shift onto an ongoing contract when I thought there would be, and (he doesn't know this part yet) because on my sugar tablets last month... no AF. That's VERY unusual for me. I POAS and got a BFN which is absolutely fine but if it doesn't rock up this week when I'm on the sugar pills again I'll be taking a trip to my GP to find out wtf is up.

Basically if I got pregnant now, legislation means I have to step down from the classroom at six weeks before my due date, and must remain off duty for six weeks after the due date. I am meant to get maternity pay for those 12 weeks but because I am on a contract, if anything were to happen now it'd be a fight to get anything at all from our current principal. It worries me a lot because of our mortgage - and I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the only thing stopping us from having children is the money it will take for me to take a year off work (maybe less, but I'm not good with sleep deprivation so I want to wait and see if we have a sound sleeper on our hands first).

2016 would be so much easier!!

Best line that came out of the conversation from him: 'I don't know how I'm going to feel when it all happens because it hasn't happened yet.' I think that's the most profound thing I've heard him say about children ever!

Sorry ladies, just needed to get all that off my chest. Thanks for making this a safe space!

It's funny as much as we want to have babies we still don't want them at the wrong time. I thought the other day I should take a test, mainly because I'm paranoid. I thought how it would feel to see those lines when I wasn't planning on it and realized I really wouldn't want that. I do want it to be the way we have planned it...getting pregnant before this fall would be really tough with school and all.

Symphony- I was the same way when I was waiting for #1. Part of me was wanting there to be a "whoops" just because then mentally you don't have to say "I am purposely going to try and make a life" but it was SO much better to have it planned. To not have to worry about how my DH would react or my own emotions and just be able to enjoy it throughout the whole process.

Thanks for that reminder kksy9b - that is EXACTLY where I am at right now. Good to know that this too will pass (sort of)!

Happy to help! The time will pass so fast, even if it feels like forever away. And when you get your BFP, it is a feeling of such great accomplishment and elation and makes all the waiting worth it for that moment!

Just saw that iphone commercial again. The one with different families and it makes me realize how much I want to have my own one day. <3

Yes I get all emotional during that commercial. ^_^

Been very domestic lately, I baked bread! Like with yeast and everything! Yikes. Also I went to see The Lion King at the Kennedy Center on Saturday and there were so many families there (obviously). We were sitting next to the cutest little girls wearing matching dresses, white blonde hair, just made my heart melt! Then the hubby said he had never seen the second movie so I went on ebay and bought both DVDs to start my collection of Disney movies. I've been meaning to do that for a while because I want to have all of the movies I grew up with for my kids. Made me feel happy and like another step. I think I'll get Winnie the Pooh and Bambi next (that was my hubby's favorite as a kid)!

Watching my ticker lately! I have only a little ways to go before I hit the two year mark! That is unreal to me because when I first made it I had over three years and being under two years seems so strange!

It was surreal for me to reach that point too. It's even stranger to think that I could possibly have less than a year at the least, but also exciting to think that I have less than 2 years at most now. Time is flying, I still can't believe that it's been half a year already since I came back to WTT after giving birth to DS.

So, ladies, in order to pass the time while WTT, I've ordered two online psychic readings for a bit of fun. I got my first one yesterday which predicts a boy as our first, conceived in December of this year, and a girl as our second, conceived in 2019. This doesn't fit our plans but hey it's sooner rather than later so no complaints here! Looking forward to seeing if the other one agrees!

Has anyone else got a reading done? I'm skeptical but at this stage I'll take what I can get!

Nope, I've never had psychic readings done. I've dabbled in Tarot, but that's as close as I'll get. I don't put any stock into those things, but Tarot is fun anyway.

I can't believe it'll be a year on the 31st since I joined b and b. It'll be three years since I joined Goodlife Fitness. I couldn't imagine not going to the gym now. I love going.

Kiki I think the reading was done using tarot as she refers to specific cards in the reading? Do you read them yourself or do you get yours read by someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->