Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Kksy, I started getting super broody when Isla was around 1 so totally understand where you are coming from.

Keely, glad the conversation with your DF went well :hugs:

Congrats on finishing your portfolios Tara and Krissie.

Things are good here. Isla had her surgery on Monday and did great, so happy it's over!

happy that her surgery went well!

krissie- congrats on finishing your portfolio! how is the new house treating you?

tara- nice job on finishing you portfolio as well!

We are about a week away from the one year mark on this thread! It's been so great getting to know all of you and hopefully by this time next year a bunch of us will be preggo or be getting ready to try! I went through our list and found several gals who are expecting. i love seeing that section grow!

Not too sure where we'll be at the next year. I've got everything crossed that maybe I can come off bcp at least towards the later end of the year. But the OH will probably want to spend some time enjoying our spare cash as we've been saving every penny for so long for our house!

Welcome teevee.

Congrats on getting your portfolio almost done Tara. It is such a great feeling!

I mailed off my graduate portfolio today. I have my oral defense on the 24th. I am super nervous.

Oral defense? I'm sure you'll do just fine. :thumbup:

Today my teacher told our group she really liked our presentation. We got 95 or 96% out of 100!!! :happydance:

I started my rough draft of my research essay. It's about educational assistants and their roles in class rooms. We need to have at least 4-6 references in the essay so I need to get two more. I know I'll finish it!!!

Tara- My portfolio is the cumulation of my graduate program. It was 92 pages and it's the highlights of what I have learned and done. In order to graduate I have to defend it against my graduate advisors. I have three. They review it and then will ask me questions and provide feedback. I had to do it when I got my masters so hopefully it goes similar. It is my last hurdle to get my EdS and be done with school! After 11 years in college and graduate school I am ready!!

I cannot believe I am finished with school in 2 weeks. I will have to wrap up things at the university on May 5th and then I move. It's unreal how fast things are happening.

Hi everyone! :)

We are about a week away from the one year mark on this thread! It's been so great getting to know all of you and hopefully by this time next year a bunch of us will be preggo or be getting ready to try! I went through our list and found several gals who are expecting. i love seeing that section grow!

^^ agree with this 100%; will be exciting to see what the next year brings :thumbup:

Tara- My portfolio is the cumulation of my graduate program. It was 92 pages and it's the highlights of what I have learned and done. In order to graduate I have to defend it against my graduate advisors. I have three. They review it and then will ask me questions and provide feedback. I had to do it when I got my masters so hopefully it goes similar. It is my last hurdle to get my EdS and be done with school! After 11 years in college and graduate school I am ready!!

Sounds intense!

Today my group found out we got 99/100 on our presentation/project!!!! :happydance: Now that I handed in my portfolio all I have to work on is my research essay. I'm going to do it on why educational assistants are important in the classroom. My mark is back up at 80%!!!!!!

When Lindzy was over on Tuesday I finally saw her bump. I can't believe Roxy is going to be here in less than three months. :shock: It's starting to sink in that there's going to be a baby in my family. I have a feeling I'm going to be babysitting a lot but I don't mind. I'm excited!!! :happydance:

Hi everyone. Can't believe we've been on bnb for almost a year! Wanted to share a funny story about DH and future offspring.

Yesterday, his best friend of 14 years got married - it is a matter of time before they start trying for babies and I know that if they have them he's going to want us to get a wriggle on too! So on the way back we popped into the shops and I was looking through the children's books in Aldi and showed his a Guardians of the Galaxy coloring book I found. Rather than making a joke like he usually would, he grinned, added it to his pile at the checkout and remarked to his friend that he was going to make sure parenting was done right from the start =P I didn't have the heart to explain it might be a while after birth before our future sprogs could hold a pencil, let alone color in!

...as an aside, I have added the book to my stash for him to read to future children - it also contains a series of learn-to-read Avengers books, and a series of Dr Who adventures. No such thing as scaffolding literacy too early!

Congrats on your marks Tara, that's really awesome, you must be so proud of yourself! You're going to be an Aunt before you know it!

WhiteKhocol, that story about your DH is adorable. Never too early to start adding reading material to your future LO's collection :thumbup:

I am proud of myself! I'm still thinking of a title for my research essay.

Look at us go! So many ladies here finishing up degrees in the coming weeks. I am finalizing my research for my masters this weekend. Just need to do the data analysis portion and write a conclusion. Ugh, so ready to be done. One more week and two days of my independent teaching and I have officially finished and have my teaching license! So excited!

In other less awesome news...I am sick this weekend. Just a cold. It wasn't so bade yesterday but I feel so drained today. Good day to sit with my heating pad and write, although I'd rather be outside because it's so beautiful out. :/

Certainly no such thing as reading too early, sophie is only 3 months and I read to her every night, I could be chatting a load of cobblers for all she knows (and to be fair a lot of the stories are cobbler) but she lays looking at me reading and it calms her (unless she's in one of her inconsolable moods), I'm hoping that it will start good foundations for reading when she is older.

I'm taking her swimming soon (when I can get there), I'm pretty nervous, what if she hates it and screams the place down and we end up leaving after a minute....how embarrassing lol.

Were really getting somewhere with the house now, can't wait till its finished, it's eating up all of my maternity leave

Look at us go! So many ladies here finishing up degrees in the coming weeks. I am finalizing my research for my masters this weekend. Just need to do the data analysis portion and write a conclusion. Ugh, so ready to be done. One more week and two days of my independent teaching and I have officially finished and have my teaching license! So excited!

In other less awesome news...I am sick this weekend. Just a cold. It wasn't so bade yesterday but I feel so drained today. Good day to sit with my heating pad and write, although I'd rather be outside because it's so beautiful out. :/

Congrats! :amartass::thumbup:

I started my brainstorm today for my research essay. It's going to be called What are the benefits of working as an educational assistant. I can't believe this coming week will be be last week. I'm excited but sad at the same time that it's going to be over.

Congrats Symphony! We are both getting so close! Crazy to believe. :)

Congrats to you tverb!! It feels so exciting when another semester is completed.

Ladies, I am suffering from the baby bug so badly! It's been like this a few days now and it's driving me crazy! With the exception of the GotG coloring book I've been very restrained and not said anything to DH but I know many of you will understand what I mean when I say it is SO HARD! I just want to call the shot and say 'we're doing it, and doing it now!' even though I know it doesn't work that way.

Argh!

Ladies, I am suffering from the baby bug so badly! It's been like this a few days now and it's driving me crazy! With the exception of the GotG coloring book I've been very restrained and not said anything to DH but I know many of you will understand what I mean when I say it is SO HARD! I just want to call the shot and say 'we're doing it, and doing it now!' even though I know it doesn't work that way.

Argh!

You're not alone, me too! I was good this semester because I was so incredibly busy and stressed from the internship. But now that it's coming down to finals time, I am getting that familiar itch. I also always am more broody in the spring and summer, that's when I'd like to have a baby, maybe that's why.

I broke down the other day and bought a baby item. :blush: I saw this adorable lamb night light at Target and had to have it. Luckily my husband is the one encouraging me to go ahead and start buying things now to spread it out. I still feel a little weird doing it though.

Congrats Symphony! We are both getting so close! Crazy to believe. :)

Congrats to you tverb!! It feels so exciting when another semester is completed.

You can call me Tara. It feels weird being called by my username. :haha: Today I noticed that my wallet has the same name as my future niece. I'm going to give it to her when she's old enough.

How was everyone's weekend?

Weekend awesome. Wedding, tying up Sinhala New Year celebrations, work at my second job and an EPIC steak dinner last night to celebrate a friend's birthday. Making the most of being able to eat rare meat! How was everyone else's?

WhiteKhocol, completely understand how tough it is to wait. Before Isla was born I got quite sick and had to put off TTC for awhile. If you're really broody and it makes sense for you to try a bit earlier maybe talk to your DH about it? Otherwise, I found keeping busy with friends, yoga, house renovations, etc helped me to pass the time...

We had a good weekend. Busy with a couple of playdates, errands and lots of time outside as we finally had beautiful weather here :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->