Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

You too! How was everyone's Easter? Mine was good. We went to my uncle's yesterday and ate sooooo much and drank too much, :haha::blush: I had two glasses of wine, a shot of Bailey's and two shots of Oranchello which is like Lemochello. It smells like oranges and it's really good. I got to see Lindzy she was there she my brother but she couldn't eat any of the food because she's on a strict diet. She can only have fruit and certain vegetables. If she has any pain she has to go back to the hospital right away and her doctor isn't allowing her to go back to work. Other than that, she looked good.

Glad that you had a good Easter Tara, glad to hear that Lidnzy is feeling better.

Thanks all for the congrats, hope you all had wonderful weekends! :flower:

Back at work today (boo) would much rather be at home today....

Hi all! Hope you ladies had a wonderful Easter! We had a nice day...it was Charles' second Easter but last year ad he was only a week or two old, it was a lot more fun :) He even participated in the egg hunt...though after finding 2 with cheerios he sat on the grass, ate his snack and called it a day.

I have been getting more and more broody in the last couple days! My DH and I finally had "the talk." You know - when you've been fighting and finally get to the root cause and can move on. It's been miles better since then and it is starting to feel like the old us again. Getting on better terms with him, and Charles getting ready to turn one has just made me want to have another tiny one! Only about a year or so to go!!. Doesn't help that we went out to lunch the other day and there was a super itty bitty there. She started to cry and I think my milk almost let down lol

So what things do you all have planned for this year to help pass the time?

I didn't do anything fun for Easter. I spent the day cleaning and painting. I look forward to having more fun with Christian next year.

I am glad that Lindzy is feeling better and is home now.

As for things planned to help pass the time, definitely this move!! We have so much to do with painting and updating it is keeping me quite busy and exhausted. And when the inside gets all done I am hoping to start on the yard. It has been neglected for a few years and I love to garden. I am really hoping next summer I can get a veggie garden spot cleared out as well. I grew up in the country with a massive garden and miss all the produce. But for when the weather is not nice I have some quilts and darkroom stuff I want to get done. I am hoping all this keeps me distracted. I am still considering ttc this summer but I really thinking waiting another year will be for the best. I am fairly certain I am not ready for another baby even though I do really want one I believe its more out of fear that it won't happen and we will end up with a huge spacing.

Kksy, I know a year seems like a long time but honestly in the grand scheme of things it will pass quickly. Settling into your house, decorating, gardening, keeping busy with various activities, all of those things will make it pass quickly I'm sure.

I know how tough it is to wait (which is why I didn't :haha:) but to be honest my age was also a factor; if I was younger, I probably would have waited until Isla was 2 before trying again.

Now knowing that this will likely be my last pregnancy is also sad. It's exciting in some ways to move on from that part of my life and will be awesome to focus on my two kids and watch them grow up but I'm sure I'll shed my share of tears packing up baby stuff this time around...

Oh and our Easter was very good, low key. We were supposed to go away to visit family but Isla was sick (double ear infection again, poor kid), so we stayed at home and had a great time. We went to the Zoo on Friday and then just did a few errands and did lots of Spring Cleaning. Isla loved her visit from the Easter Bunny and was very excited by her presents. Can't wait to see her reaction at Christmas this year :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I don't post much. I've been waiting for so long now that I feel like I'm just repeating myself when I post.

But, we're finally getting somewhere! We've bought a house! Should be moving in June provided that its all built to schedule. Our mortgage application has been sent off and waiting for approval but that shouldn't be a problem, solicitors documents have all been sent off too, so we just gotta wait now!

Can't believe it's finally happening, one step closer though! :)

Hope everyone had a lovely easter!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I don't post much. I've been waiting for so long now that I feel like I'm just repeating myself when I post.

But, we're finally getting somewhere! We've bought a house! Should be moving in June provided that its all built to schedule. Our mortgage application has been sent off and waiting for approval but that shouldn't be a problem, solicitors documents have all been sent off too, so we just gotta wait now!

Congrats on the new house, very exciting! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

Congrats! We closed on our first home last Thursday.

Congrats on the new house LeeBee!

Krissie- the list feels never ending doesn't it? But it is so nice once all of the painting etc is done and you can breathe a bit

mrs eddie- thanks for the words of encouragement :) I'm not too worried about it taking too long...it is going to continue to be such a fun time with just Charles and when the time comes, it will come. It's nice to feel broody again though honestly. For awhile I haven't wanted to really think about another one - now that my DH is on board, it is a little more exciting to remember all the fun bits of being pregnant

I'm glad you had a nice day, other than Islas ear infection! Hope she gets better soon! Have you guys started thinking of names?

Earlier today I realized that my niece will be born in three months from now!!! :happydance: It'll probably go by fast and I'm soooooooo excited about becoming an aunt!!!!! :cloud9::dance:

Also I can't believe I'll be done my class soon. We have a portfolio due next Thursday which I don't have much work to do for it and group presentations too. My last assignment due is on April 23rd which is a research project that we have to do on our program we're going into or a subject related to it. I'm going to do it on something to do with Educational Support because I'm either going into that or Early Childhood Education. I'm not sure which one yet. :shrug:

Kksy, we're going to go with Ethan for a name I think! And thanks for the well wishes re Isla; her tube surgery is next week so we really hope she'll feel better after that.

Very exciting that you are starting to feel broody again. I remember getting that feeling strongly when Isla was about 9 months old. Took a few months to get my DH on board with NTNP :haha:

Tara, exciting that you're almost done with your classes, well done!

I do like the class but I can't wait to be done it! Also, last night I had a dream where Roxy was born. All I can remember what that I was holding her or was about to.

A 2016 baby seems realistic to me now. I had a phone call from the additional learning needs officer this morning. Thomas has been awarded a statement and will be attending a special needs unit from September. He will finally get to go to school and we can have another baby :)

A 2016 baby seems realistic to me now. I had a phone call from the additional learning needs officer this morning. Thomas has been awarded a statement and will be attending a special needs unit from September. He will finally get to go to school and we can have another baby :)

Great news Sequeena! 2016 is not far away at all :thumbup:

That is lovely news!

Mrs eddie- I love the name Ethan!

Sequeena- wonderful news! I'm sure Thomas will love going to school!

I hope he loves it too I am quite nervous he doesn't do well in groups but fingers crossed.

He seemed pleased enough when I told him though (not that he understood a word)

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/sequeena1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150409_151926.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->