Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

It really is flying by! She is due around Christian's first birthday.

She's due about a month after Lindzy's birthday which is June 7th. Not only is Lindzy pregnant, her brother and sister in law are having a baby boy due about two or three weeks before Lindzy. I was in the same class and grade as her brother in grade school and Lindzy went to the same school too.

So what is everyone doing for the weekend? Tomorrow I'm volunteering with the blood clinic at the mall to recruit new donors and after that I'm going with my mom to visit her aunt. I'm going to have Taco Bell for lunch tomorrow I have such a craving for it. :blush:

It is exciting Mrs. Eddie!!!

We are traveling out of town to see my in-laws for fil birthday. I'm a little annoyed everyone is going to see the Avenger's movie and I can't because I have nobody to watch Christian. I just find it very inconsiderate of them, but typical. I am hoping to go shopping for some clothes for summer anyways.

It's Saturday night here. I spent today at a conference for school, will be studying and writing tonight, then tomorrow we are going to yum cha with a friend, and having DH's family over in the evening for dinner.

We have also started planning our next road trip! Last summer we drove across the Nullarbor Plain and back. This year we are driving to Uluru, if everything goes to plan. DH is an amazing driver long distance, so I'll be buying yarn and knitting all the way up and back! I'm excited already!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Wahoo! My ticker is under a year now! Its not persay when we are trying, but still fun knowing we are roughly at the halfway point!

So how was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good and busy. Yesterday I volunteered for the blood clinic at the mall to recruit new donors. We did sign up
a few who stopped by the booth and there were people who said they were too "busy" to stop and learn about donating blood. Some of them were rude and didn't even look our way. :growlmad: Their blood could help someone's life who is in need of it and don't seem to care about that. I would love to donate again but I have low iron and after having my seizure I don't want to take the risk

Last night I went to my mom's aunt with my mom. It was fun and I'm glad I went. I ate too much food and drank three mikes hard cherry lemonade. It was soooooooooooooooo good. I would for sure drink it again. My mom and I didn't get home until after midnight. Needless to say, I'm still tired from last night. :haha:

Congrats krissie!! What an amazing accomplishment for you! I can leave you in May for now and just move once you know for sure if you'd like!

Can you move me to June 2016? I have decided we should wait. That way Christian will be old enough to do half day preschool and my friend who watches Christian will be able to watch the new baby. It helps us avoid daycare for both which I find very appealing and worth the wait.

Congrats krissie!! What an amazing accomplishment for you! I can leave you in May for now and just move once you know for sure if you'd like!

Can you move me to June 2016? I have decided we should wait. That way Christian will be old enough to do half day preschool and my friend who watches Christian will be able to watch the new baby. It helps us avoid daycare for both which I find very appealing and worth the wait.

Done! Sounds like a good plan to wait for you :thumbup:

Thanks, it wasn't an easy decision but one I am comfortable with. It was also prompted with dh going to swing shift. Its way harder for me to come home after work and deal with Christian and a baby. So this way Christian will be more independent.

Plus I am working on my health. I saw my doctor last week and while I dont have my labs back I know my blood sugar has been high. Been on my diet again for a week and have seen such an improvement in my numbers and the way I feel!

I don't quite have dh convensed to wait but at this point I need the time.

Hmm, sorry about that.

Yesterday my mom brought home the travel system for Roxy. Today I figured out how to attach the infant cat seat to the stroller which wasn't very hard. It's a chicco one that's black,gray and green not too flashy at all. It's also in great shape and works wonderful.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at an unemployment centre to see how they can find me a job. :thumbup: My aunt went there a few months ago and took a computer class which after she was guaranteed a job. She said she starts part time on Friday and I'm glad for her since she's been looking for a job for over two years.

How's everyone else doing?

Good luck on the job hunt Tara.. Maybe they can find you something in your field.

Thanks. :) The appointment went well and she told me about this culinary apprenticeship that starts in July. Next Tuesday and Thursday I'm going for a employment training class. Honestly I'm not sure what's going to happen in it.

This afternoon I realized that once Roxy starts crawling we'll have to baby proof our kitchen, living room and put a baby gate at our stairs. I knew babies needed a lot of things but didn't think it would be this much. :haha: I'm even reading up on different milestones babies reach at different ages and whatnot. Today I was practicing yet again with the car seat attached to the stroller. :blush: It's very lightweight and easy to maneuver. I could be an aunt in about two months from now!!!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Haha, yea babies do need a lot more than I ever expected. We are working on baby proofing. That's a big chore. I had no idea how much was dangerous to my curious little guy. He particularly loves to chew and pull on cords.

I always thought being a pastry chef would be awesome. I will be eligible to retire at 56 and told my husband I wouldn't mind opening a pastry/candy shop. I thought my sister could go in with me since she is am awesome cook. Might even make it a deli/bakery. That's my retirement dream anyways. :)

Congrats to lockandkey! I just saw that she is expecting!

Congrats Lockandkey, very exciting!

Glad to see all of you ladies are doing well. Krissie, your plan to wait to TTC sounds like it makes the most sense for you. I can't imagine trying to look after Isla on my own at nights now if my DH was doing shift work, that would be really tough.

Everything here is well. I did just find out that I failed my one hour glucose test :cry: I think the fact that I ate fruit before might have altered my results as my sugars were just a little bit over what they would like. I have none of the risk factors for GD, in fact my MW told me to skip the test altogether. Now I have to take the stupid longer one; at least I will know for sure if I have GD (silver lining???? :haha:)

Haha, yea babies do need a lot more than I ever expected. We are working on baby proofing. That's a big chore. I had no idea how much was dangerous to my curious little guy. He particularly loves to chew and pull on cords.

I always thought being a pastry chef would be awesome. I will be eligible to retire at 56 and told my husband I wouldn't mind opening a pastry/candy shop. I thought my sister could go in with me since she is am awesome cook. Might even make it a deli/bakery. That's my retirement dream anyways. :)

That sounds like a pretty cool dream.

Today I tried to put the car seat facing the opposite way in the stroller but it didn't click and now I know to do pretty much everything. :thumbup: Only two more months until Roxy is born!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :cloud9: I'm still getting used to the baby stuff in our living room. :haha: Today my mom brought home the last part of the swing, it's a bar with a little mirror in a the shape of a bear's head,a teething ring and a rattle that makes noise.

Congrats on your bpf lockandkey!!!!!

Can you take your test again Mrs.Eddie?

Tara, I have to take the two hour test this time, which I have to fast for. I have to book it on Monday, hopefully I can get it over with soon.

Only two months until your niece arrives, crazy! Time is really flying by!

Sorry about failing the glucose test Mrs. Eddie....when I took mine I had just a plain piece of toast for breakfast and scheduled it for right after...it's crazy how eating some fruit can throw it off. Hope you pass the 2 hour! Here if you fail you have to sit for a 3 hour repeat test ...shudder...really hoping to pass next time around as well :)

Any fun weekend plans? We have dinner with some friends tomorrow and then relaxing at home on mothers day. And next week my DH is off work yhr back half of the week! So excited to get some extra time with him!

Thanks kksy; I should have been more careful about what I ate, I was the first time and passed with flying colours. Sucks as I've actually been much healthier this pregnancy.

Aw well, my DH is going to drop me off and pick me up and take me to brunch after :thumbup:

Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. We're probably going to a food truck festival thing with some friends on Saturday and I have prenatal yoga the same day. Sunday I get to relax all day and have some me time, which I am super excited about!

Good luck Mrs. Eddie. Hopefully it was just the fruit.

We don't have any official plans for the weekend. I am hoping we will get to go for a drive and a picnic for mothers day.

Tomorrow I need to spray the yard and do some yard cleaning. It has been neglected for a long time and needs some love. And it's suppose to be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->